King of the Hill on a Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King of the Hill on a Track

i want to see a singular objective that is mirrored. With multiple objectives, it can create stalemates where one team just completely invests in defending half of the objectives and the other team in unwilling to commit their entire team to attack them and then no capturing/recapturing happens for a long period of time. In pubs you also are often asking too much to have people coordinate well with multiple objectives and its more frustrating then anything. I also want mechanics that force fighting to happen across the map, not just specific chokes. I want a mechanic that prevents matches from taking insanely long. I want to discourage stalemates or very slow paced matches. Also, close matches are always funner then massive one sided victories.

Only thing i could think of was kind of a push cart mode, but a little different. Each team's base has a certain amount of points. There is a track that goes from Team A's base to Team B's base. The cart starts in the middle. A team captures the cart, and its their team's possession until the other team captures it. When the cart is in your team's possession, it moves towards the enemy's base on the track and it depletes the enemy bases' points. Maybe the closer to the enemy base the faster it depletes their points.

Single objective makes it simple to work with your teammates in a pub. The objective being on a track instead of like a capture point or multiple capture point mode means that fighting will happen on a much wider range of areas of the map, and can help make each match feel different. Because after the initial capture, the cart is always depleting one team's points, it puts a hard limit for how long the match can last. It also would hopefully create urgency in needing to have to capture the objective when it isn't in your team's possession. It could also create difficult tactical decisions, maybe if you wait until the cart reaches a specific part of the map, it will be easier to capture, but if you do, thats another maybe 20 secs of your base losing more points. Because the cart moves towards the base of the team without it, it creates a shorter spawn walk for the team without the base making it more likely for the objective to trade possession many times, creating a more enjoyable match.

Maybe the cart isn't a cart, but a platform that moves towards each base, so you play on the platform as well, and then how the platform is in relation to the map surrounding it as it passes through the map on the track could create interesting dynamics. Maybe there are power ups that spawn on the cart/platform. Maybe when a team gets possession of the cart/platform close to their own base it will more likely spawn a stronger power up to try to help them hold onto the cart/platform for longer.

it doesn't sound like a king of the hill game, but with some tweaks it could be something interesting
    Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

Originally posted by Urban-Shadow-001 View Post
      it doesn't sound like a king of the hill game, but with some tweaks it could be something interesting
      i think king of the hill can mean different things in different games. In TF2, king of the hilll is: there is a single point at the center of the map, and each team has a counter that ticks down when your team possesses the point. First to 0 wins. So its pretty much identical to king of the hill on tracks in tf2 other then whose team's points are ticked down when a team possesses the point. For a simplest possible way to summarize the idea, i figured that would be the best.

i'd love to hear where you think the idea should be tweaked.

Comment

Working...
      X