Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InvaZ!on Mode NeedZ to Come Back!

Hello again!

I think I'm done with character threads seeing as though my ideas seem to be shot down but that's okay, at least I put them out there and I have received answers to questions that I had. Anywoo...

So today I propose a returning mode from the UT2K4 game and possibly 2K3: Invasion!

This mode stood out to me because it was a survival mode featuring a chunk of the enemies from the first Unreal game and it was fast paced as well as fun. Although I would've included more of the enemies from Unreal such as the Titan, the Slyth, the alien mercenaries, and maybe even the Ceiling Demons. I would also like to see maps dedicated to this mode if it was to be incorporated into the game because some of the deathmatch maps were just too small and didn't leave room for much movement to combat the aliens.

Thoughts???

Ooo and can the enemies be remolded while keeping the same tactics?
    Last edited by Sh!eldZ; 02-05-2015, 01:35 PM.

Well certainly can remake them, but who would do such a task?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterman View Post
      Well certainly can remake them, but who would do such a task?
      A bunch of people are doing an Unreal remake so maybe they'd allow the creatures to be used for invasion as well?

Comment

Had lots of fun with 2k4 Invasion back in the days on lan
        UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
        UT4ASSAULT.COM
        ‚Äč

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
        UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Originally posted by Sh!eldZ View Post
          I think I'm done with character threads seeing as though my ideas seem to be shot down but that's okay, at least I put them out there and I have received answers to questions that I had.

So today I propose a returning mode from the UT2K4 game and possibly 2K3: Invasion!
          The more the better.

Invasion will definitely be back, although as mod most likely. I'd say this would be a good idea to start an unofficial Unreal Remake - instant online following, just add maps. It was so popular that it probably was inspiration for the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer mode.

Unreal4Ever Gauntlet gametype for UT99 is also worth checking out. It focuses more on cleaning up parts of map from monsters and gateways spawning them, instead of surviving waves, which adds some tactical aggro mechanics depth. Crank up monster/gateway spawn rates & enable random U4E item spawns for a very challenging gametype.

Comment

Invasion I think fits better as a modconcept yea, it's a rather niche gamemode but rather fun one at that.

I for one enjoyed it but yea I'd consider it as a mod more appropriate since there's already so many gamemodes (or will be anyway). I'd perhaps wait and see with an Invasion mod until the (hopefully) larger vehicle modes/maps surfaces which are generally more suited for this gamemode.

Comment

Originally posted by neai View Post
              Unreal4Ever Gauntlet gametype for UT99 is also worth checking out. It focuses more on cleaning up parts of map from monsters and gateways spawning them, instead of surviving waves, which adds some tactical aggro mechanics depth. Crank up monster/gateway spawn rates & enable random U4E item spawns for a very challenging gametype.
              Now that, seems like fun. That would change the entire game play for that mode and turn it into something like Zombies in COD which I honestly wouldn't mind; survival is cool and all but having objectives like Assault mode while trying to survive? Man... Please, please, please have this included!
              Last edited by Sh!eldZ; 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neai View Post
                I'd say this would be a good idea to start an unofficial Unreal Remake.
                I think there is a community within the forums that is working on a remake for the original Unreal. I think you know that though...

Comment

Originally posted by Sh!eldZ View Post
                  I think there is a community within the forums that is working on a remake for the original Unreal. I think you know that though...
                  Yep, and I'd recommend starting as simple as possible.

Comment

The Invasion-RPG mod from UT 2004 is definitely a keeper. Hopefully a modding team will recreate it for UT4. It also solves the problem mentioned in another thread of noobies and casual players wanting to have a sense that they are advancing. The Invasion-RPG mod kept track of your IP/player name and would remember you when you joined the server. Thus it was possible to have character classes (Medic, Adrenaline Master, Weapons Master) and to level a character up over multiple player sessions.
                    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

This mode will be SICK!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X