Meat-grinder mode (Joust)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat-grinder mode (Joust)

One of my favorite multiplayer past-times in UT2004 was to load the CTF 1-on-1 joust match with 16 players per team. It created a corridor of death and blood that even skilled players could only successfully traverse once every few minutes and allowed for the following game-play variants:

- Turn off friendly fire
    Friendly fire being disabled could be used as a booster to help your teammates, launching them towards the other end. Turning it on made scoring rarer, (though absolutely not impossible), games typically ending between 1-0 and 2-1 after fifteen minutes.

- Turn on instagib
    Even quicker destruction or more powerful 'boosting' down the slaughter hall.

- Both
    Scoring is now the act of a true hero and games are rarely settled by more than one.

There was one issue though, that the game didn't offer any options (that I could see) to disable spawn-in frags, so it would definitely benefit this mode if forcing players to wait for a spawn-in or adding more spawn points to joust would help.

If there could be a map (or even a mode) that approximated this experience (or better yet, a couple of maps designed for it or even 4-ways) I would be delighted.
    Last edited by ElizabethSTerling; 02-24-2015, 05:51 AM.
Working...
X