X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Speed

NEW GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS

Search for "Speed" in the server browser

If you are crashing when trying to join. Delete all old speed maps from you downloads folder

The test map:

https://ut.rushbase.net/TimEh/Raxxy/...wsNoEditor.pak

"open SPD-Test?TimeLimit=0" in console

For those who want to make their own maps (or improve the mod))

Here's the source. Get the highest numbered zip (Speed-#.zip). Place in the Content folder.
    https://ut.rushbase.net/TimEh/Speed/

BP_SpeedGameMode - The gamemode to use
    BP_SpeedGate - The Start/Checkpoint/Finish gate.
    BP_SpeedInfo - Place one of these in your map. Set the SaveMapName to your map name. Needed for saving the leaderboard
    BP_SpeedKill - Used to warp the player back to the last checkpoint (eg: falls in super lava)
    BP_SpeedToken - Token that the player collects to reduce their time
    BP_Speed_Lift - Use this lift if you want lifts in the map. Don't use epics generic lift

Included is the map from the video above.
    Last edited by TimEh; 03-13-2015, 01:17 PM.

Very neat work there Timeh!
    BT maps will be super fun in this new UT ^_^
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

Comment

Yes its very cool and fun. TimEh keeps pulling stuff out of the bag cant wait to see whats next.
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Looking good, shame about the buggy slope dodges that are still present in the game though.

I got 29.801 seconds on the old one that works with the tokens.

Comment

I tried it and enjoyed it.

Comment

Awesome man!

This will be great to have as it's own actual polished gametype

Comment

This looks really cool and has awesome potential.
              Would bring a Sonic element to UT4, everyone loves Sonic.

Comment

I like the idea of time-reducing tokens - will allow extra scope for creativity and imagination for both mappers and players

Comment

Originally posted by Raylen View Post
                  I like the idea of time-reducing tokens - will allow extra scope for creativity and imagination for both mappers and players
                  Ya it'll add some exploration. Since a server full of players can run at the same time (collision disabled between players), finding tokens might result in cooperative play, and promote those oldschool conversations with friends about where the secrets are (a time before internet walkthroughs for the impatient)

Comment

Dem secrets.

Comment

A target range map would be cool. Random sniper targets that pop up, the more you shoot, the faster they change... Maybe a skeet shooting range for flak. A moving target to practice tracking aim with mini/pulse on. Whatever else might be useful for working on aim with different weapons.

Comment

I'm all over this, this weekend.

Top score inc.
                        http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

Are you the ut99 raylen?

Comment

I am, hi

A target range map would be cool. Random sniper targets that pop up, the more you shoot, the faster they change... Maybe a skeet shooting range for flak. A moving target to practice tracking aim with mini/pulse on. Whatever else might be useful for working on aim with different weapons.
                            I think for this gametype, whatever it ends up being called (I'd advocate bunnytrack...), you need to be wary of trying to make it too many different things. A shooting range would be a useful addition somewhere in UT, but not necessarily in a gametype where the emphasis is on speed of movement.

Comment

I am, hi

I think for this gametype, whatever it ends up being called (I'd advocate bunnytrack...), you need to be wary of trying to make it too many different things. A shooting range would be a useful addition somewhere in UT, but not necessarily in a gametype where the emphasis is on speed of movement.
                              Can't wait to see you making BT maps for UT4, LOL! I plan to make at least one.

Edit:

Did I win?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Jay22; 02-26-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X