Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes this issue has been present from the start, the custom map DM-Erase has had slopes with this for months. Even normal slopes that don't end in a vertical wall that can cause you to hit your head don't feel great though. The distance from which you can do them and the speed/height from them are quite mediocre and feel inconsistent. The best example of it in this map is the slope leading to the jump boots. Engine subscribers from the community have looked at both of these things but with no success.

As far as I know this hasn't been listed as a bug though, so your best bet would be to post on the QA forum here https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Bug-Reports-QA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stolid View Post
    28.816 is the time to beat, in case anyone is still trying to give it a go.
    I just had a few attempts (60, to be precise...), and managed 30.123. Also, you mentioned buggy slope dodges - I keep getting these too. Most often it's if I'm trying to forward-dodge up the last of the 3 dodges fairly near to the start. I seem to hit my head on the level of the next floor. What's the best way to draw someone's attention to this so that it could be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    28.816 is the time to beat, in case anyone is still trying to give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Did I win?
    Nope, photoshop haxors

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raylen View Post
    I am, hi

I think for this gametype, whatever it ends up being called (I'd advocate bunnytrack...), you need to be wary of trying to make it too many different things. A shooting range would be a useful addition somewhere in UT, but not necessarily in a gametype where the emphasis is on speed of movement.
    Can't wait to see you making BT maps for UT4, LOL! I plan to make at least one.

Edit:

Did I win?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jay22; 02-26-2015, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am, hi

A target range map would be cool. Random sniper targets that pop up, the more you shoot, the faster they change... Maybe a skeet shooting range for flak. A moving target to practice tracking aim with mini/pulse on. Whatever else might be useful for working on aim with different weapons.
    I think for this gametype, whatever it ends up being called (I'd advocate bunnytrack...), you need to be wary of trying to make it too many different things. A shooting range would be a useful addition somewhere in UT, but not necessarily in a gametype where the emphasis is on speed of movement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the idea of time-reducing tokens - will allow extra scope for creativity and imagination for both mappers and players
    Are you the ut99 raylen?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm all over this, this weekend.

Top score inc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A target range map would be cool. Random sniper targets that pop up, the more you shoot, the faster they change... Maybe a skeet shooting range for flak. A moving target to practice tracking aim with mini/pulse on. Whatever else might be useful for working on aim with different weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dem secrets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the idea of time-reducing tokens - will allow extra scope for creativity and imagination for both mappers and players
    Ya it'll add some exploration. Since a server full of players can run at the same time (collision disabled between players), finding tokens might result in cooperative play, and promote those oldschool conversations with friends about where the secrets are (a time before internet walkthroughs for the impatient)

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks really cool and has awesome potential.
    Would bring a Sonic element to UT4, everyone loves Sonic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome man!

This will be great to have as it's own actual polished gametype

Leave a comment:

Working...
X