Duel....but more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duel....but more?

Back on Unreal Championship 2 there was a game mode that I can't recall the name of but I think would be a nice addition

The gametype was basically Duel, but you would a 6 man lobby. It was a 1v1 gametype, and whoever won the 1v1 went on to fight the next person, whoever won that fought the next, and so on.

This mode was a lot of fun, and it was a great way to "duel" while still keeping your party together.

Thoughts?

UT3s Duel works exactly like that (optional with a rotation on each kill with the Survial mutator). This differes from the UT4 Duel where it is only a 1on1. I like that mode but I never played it properly as no one understood the logic (same as Betrayal where no-one got the logic behind that).
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

fat used it in ut3 several times. He would sit in a duel server and tell people he was there and they would join and duel him. I guess that's a good use for it.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

sounds fine and dandy. I would also be open to a samurai/wildwest mutator for duel where duels are only 1 kill victories then move onto the next guy keeping you on your toes for unpredictable stuff. Of course this might just lead to camping and timid gameplay but that's why I said it would most likely be a mutator.

Comment

The mode in Unreal Championship 2 was actually called "Survival" and it wasn't necessarily a duel mode. It was Deathmatch, where only a set number of players could be active on the map at the same time and the rest of the players are spectating. If you die, you will get put at the end of the spectator queue and the player on top will (re)enter the match. It's similar to the Survival mutator for UT3's Duel mode, however, the difference is that there can be more than just two players active at the same time. You could set the number in the gametype's options. Default was 2, but you could also have 3 or 4 people for example. I think you could even have 7 active players and only one waiting player.

But I guess, you could have this as a mutator for both Deathmatch and Duel.
          Last edited by TourianTourist; 03-15-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X