Frozen Instagib Game-mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Instagib Game-mode

Hi guys after seeing some Ratz Frozen Instagib at EGX Rezzed in London, as well as playing an early build of ordinary UT Instagib recently, I thought it would be a cool idea to try and get the Frozen sub variant mode implemented into the game.

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Frozen Instagib, it is exactly the same as normal instagib except that for when enemies are killed, they are frozen in place. Teammates have the ability to unfreeze their frozen teammates by standing next to them for three seconds.

When all of the enemy team is frozen, your team will win.

Its a simple, fun and more team-based sub-variant of Instagib and has become really quite popular, especially on Quake Live.

Here is a video of the game mode on Quake Live, where it is called Freeze Tag:

I hope to modify the pre-existing game mode of Instagib in Unreal Tournament to this effect, and I was hoping if any of you could provide some thoughts on this idea, as well as perhaps some advice on how to go about implementing it.

Many thanks,

Eddythemaster
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Eddythemaster View Post
    For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Frozen Instagib, it is exactly the same as normal instagib except that for when enemies are killed, they are frozen in place. Teammates have the ability to unfreeze their frozen teammates by standing next to them for three seconds. ... Its a simple, fun and more team-based sub-variant of Instagib and has become really quite popular, especially on Quake Live. ... I hope to modify the pre-existing game mode of Instagib in Unreal Tournament to this effect...
    I think, you got this confused. The gametype is actually called "Freeze Tag" and Instagib is the sub-variant, not the other way around. Like with DM, TDM and CTF you can select Instagib as a mutator, but at default you play Freeze Tag with normal weapons. So, if you really want to implement this, you wouldn't modify Instagib, you would build your own Freeze Tag gametype and then add Instagib to the list of possible mutators.

We recently just had a topic about Freeze Tag and you might want to join that conversation, here.
    Last edited by TourianTourist; 03-14-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X