Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bombing Run, Assault, Onslaught will be added....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombing Run, Assault, Onslaught will be added....?

Hello Everyone. I want to see in new Unreal Tournament the following 3 gametypes from old version of the game ( UT 2004 ) :

- Bombing Run,
    - Assault,
    - Onslaught,

I really like Bombing Run, it's my favorite gametype .
    I think that the developers will design these modes and will add them to the game .
    I will be support the game for new Maps and other things

Greetings,

DaminDesign.

BR is on the list for community help so I'm guessing they want to add it. However, IMO it needs some rule adjustments and not very many people are interested in it right now it doesn't seem like.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...st-Bombing-Run

We tried this post and didn't really get any traction.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
      BR is on the list for community help so I'm guessing they want to add it. However, IMO it needs some rule adjustments and not very many people are interested in it right now it doesn't seem like.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...st-Bombing-Run

We tried this post and didn't really get any traction.
      Thanks for the information . I will be write to developers about about this matter. I already added a comment in the above topic to support the gametype.

Have a nice day .

Greetings,

DaminDesign.

Comment

Maybe it wouldn't be such an awful thing if we didn't start with every possible game type available right away. Imagine if the release of a new game type became a big event that occurred once every couple months. Delays in the release of various game mods would give the community a chance to concentrate activity in other game types (CTF) before the player base gets diluted.
        UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

I and many others would like to see UT2k4 Onslaught
          UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

x2 Onslaught. Good for team play and good team can compensate for just a few really good players.

Comment

Well, I, and my army of Jennifer Aniston Clone's would like to see bombing run.
              -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
              BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

Funny to see those demanding BR coming out of the woodwork, when in all practical terms it is a dead gametype nobody ever plays online. In my opinion we should focus on the popular gametypes first and how to improve them.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Looking from the bright side though, BR has something nice to offer:

- Good mode for spectating matches (since the game really focuses on the ball which is always present)
                  - About as sporty as it ever gets in UT which fits whit this installment

Negative aspect:

- Popularity => "Too" teamplay intensive why it's not the most public server-friendly mode. Generally favors very competitive clangaming.

I think for this installment it could work well, it would just need tweaks to make it even more interesting to the general public and increase its popularity for public servers. Still depending how many official gamemodes the game has to be "limited" to, it may or may fit within my personal spec. :P It's right there on the border weighing between popularity vs "fitting in" pretty much for me. If it won't be popular might as well replace another mode with it but then again I'd hope it would get popular enough to warrant having it since it really fits within the sporty nature set for this UT (sports-like and spec-friendly).

I feel if this gamemode ever has a chance to catch interest, likely someone will have to take the first step and show a prototype with some interesting tweaks vs UT2k4. It can be an unofficial gamemode in any case whatever Epic would be interested or not in it.
                  Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-23-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Bombing Run is a lot of fun and there is no reason not to make it. We opened a thread asking for some ideas to tweak the gameplay but it didn't seem like there was a lot of interest in it back then.
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                      Funny to see those demanding BR coming out of the woodwork, when in all practical terms it is a dead gametype nobody ever plays online. In my opinion we should focus on the popular gametypes first and how to improve them.

Um, isn't that what's been happening since last year? I think it's a great time to start thinking about gametypes. BR was a hugely popular gametype back in the day and is a part of UT as much as any other gametype. I know, I was there.. probably when you were just a gleam of light in... you get the idea.
                      -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                        Bombing Run is a lot of fun and there is no reason not to make it. We opened a thread asking for some ideas to tweak the gameplay but it didn't seem like there was a lot of interest in it back then.
                        Sir Brizz.. if I remember right, you were thinking rather of a mod for CTF, correct? That's where I became dis-interested.. it should be it's own gametype to be done right I think.
                        Last edited by UffDa; 03-23-2015, 05:14 PM. Reason: ctf
                        -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:

Comment

Originally posted by UffDa View Post
                          Sir Brizz.. if I remember right, you were thinking rather of a mod for CTF, correct? That's where I became dis-interested.. it should be it's own gametype to be done right I think.
                          No, I think I said something about letting it work on CTF maps but maps designed for it would be better.

Comment

If I can help the cause, I'm game.
                            -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:

Comment

Originally posted by UffDa View Post
                              Um, isn't that what's been happening since last year? I think it's a great time to start thinking about gametypes. BR was a hugely popular gametype back in the day and is a part of UT as much as any other gametype. I know, I was there.. probably when you were just a gleam of light in... you get the idea.
                              I have been around for every single UT, and BR was never "hugely popular". Not even close. Onslaught was by far more popular, even vCTF or Assault, none of which are in yet.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X