(Silly) First to X Frogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Silly) First to X Frogs

So I was playing some UT4 with a friend who is dyslexic, and while playing he piped up that he had no idea what "Frogs" had to do with a shooter. I was confused, until I realized He was talking about "Frags". This led to a silly little discussion over a hypothetical (but rather silly) gametype for UT4. Reminiscent of greed from UT3, the gamemode would be a free-for-all, where each player starts with a, well, Frog. On their head, I guess. On death, the frog would fall off, and hop around a little bit, before despawning after, say 30-45 seconds. However, another player could pick up the frog, and, well, stack it on top of his other frogs. The goal would be to be the first person with X amount of frogs on your head. (they could stack up and give a visual representation of how many you may have). On death, you would drop all of them, for others to pick up, so the gametype would accelerate as time goes on. And, finally just to add on some flavour, the more frogs you have, the higher you can jump. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy, if I ever figure out the blueprint system for gametypes, I'll see if I can implement this for fun. Let me know what you think!
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

My wife misread the same way the other night, looking over my shoulder, due to the ingame font. So, well, guess she wouldn't be all too surprised seeing me play what you're suggesting!

Comment

The name of this gametype should be "Capture the Frogs" lol (:
      Tiny Details That Should NOT Be Forgotten & Dynamic Arenas & UT4 Storyline - Story Design & Gametype Designs: Volleyball - 3-Way CTF & Smartphone/Tablet Integration

Comment

ooh, that's good. I was trying to think one up! If I (or some other generous person) were ever to make it, that would be the preferred name.
        My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Comment

Working...
        X