• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking failed with v0.4 on the latest build
    DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
      EDIT: Can someone please, for the love of God, change my forum name to just "Vlad"? I never thought this forum simply cuts off everything from the mail address beyond "@" and sets the mail name to be your user name. I'm a bit uncomfortable with having my last name publicly displayed.
      I want to know if you got your name changed. I want to change mine too :P

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
        Cooking failed with v0.4 on the latest build
        I have a new version in the works, I'm just forced to work sporadically because I currently serve in the army. (and for two more months, before my mandatory duty is over)
        Patience my friends, I promise it will be good.
        > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
        > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
        > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

+100 for this gametype

FreezeTag, Greed, Bombing run would be my favorites. FreeTag and Bombing run top my list of team game types (excluding vehicle game types of course!)

FreezeTag IMO is better than ctf (put's on thick skin to counter pending abuse). With FreezeTag, you need to sometimes eat humble pie and sacrifice yourself by trying to wear down your opponents to save health on your own team mate when you have the lower health so that your team mate with a higher health at the end has the greater chance of capping the win for your team. ctf is just push your flag carrier forward and/or protect your flag at the base

Greed of course is awesome, love that game type but FreezeTag never fails to be popular and it allows others outside of your clan to easily join in and have fun

Comment

Greed is really easy to pull off in blueprints, I plan on tackling it after I release a v1.0 for FreezeTag.
            > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Small update on the progression/status:
              • Managed to fix the individual scoring system (deaths, kills, headshots, sprees) and the freezing system (no movement possible and animation halting).
              • Spectating system implemented. (original code made by me, Vlad made some corrections so it functions on multiplayer, I also did some FreezeTag-specific additions to the system)
              • First pass 3-second round-start grace period with announcers and weapon locking, which will also be used to determine play-eligibility*. Credits to Vlad, since this was based on his code.
              • Code cleaned up, removed alot of unecessary stuff.

Issues that have to be tackled until next release:
              • Some minor stuff like the frozen players currently being able to take damage, or not teleporting when they touch lava/slime, plus some weird glitch which doesn't thaw the player in the correct place and leaves a death-pawn remnant.
              • Weapon saving/returning algorythm needs to be reworked. Will get to it once I solve the above stuff.
              • Announcers not being audible. (Might require some help from Epic here, so I can figure why my custom sound cues are not playing. They are configured identically to the official sound cues, which are playing normally)
              • Make *play-eligibility algorythm, so late-joiners and team-swappers will have to wait until the next round kicks in.
              • Sudden death system for round overtime with health draining (configurable with lethal and non-lethal modes, more info when released). Will probably roughly base this off Vlad's code.

Further in the future, I also plan on constructing AI behavior trees, so bots will be aware of frozen players. (ignoring frozen enemies, and thawing frozen teammates upon eliminating enemy presence in the vicinity)

Bear with me, it's coming. I'm just struggling to find time.
              Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 06-07-2015, 07:57 PM.
              > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
                Small update on the progression/status:

<snip>

Bear with me, it's coming. I'm just struggling to find time.
                Mate, anyone who complains about the time it takes you, needs to be lined at an shot at dawn

I'm appreciative of the effort your putting in, I don't have the coding skills required to do anything like what your doing and yet I'll reap the rewards so I have no right to demand anything else other than to be grateful for what you are doing

Thanks for your efforts - it's really appreciated

Comment

Sat for a few hours today and I've fixed plenty of stuff. The only thing that's stopping me from a release candidate, is the weapon saving/returning algorythm, which I can't get it to work with the new system.
                  I also need to find a way to detect team switching, half of the play-eligibility system has been thought through.

I'm too burned out to continue for today, but I thought I'd share the news. I'm getting really close to a v1.0 which is exciting.

Who would've thought that a simple freezing mechanic would be so tough to pull off..
                  > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Kept ya waiting eh?
                    Here it is!

New Version 0.5 Changelog:
                    • Freezing/Thawing algorythm has been fixed and is completelly functional. Frozen players will not be able to animate (credits to Vlad), or move on their own, under any circumstances.
                    • Individual scoring and awards are now working. You can score headshots, killing sprees and even track the amount of kills and deaths each player has. (assuming we do not involve the usage of map killz mechanics)
                    • Spectating system implemented. While frozen, hit Left Mouse Button to cycle through the alive teammates, or hit Right Mouse Button to return to your own view.
                    • Implemented a 3-second StartOfRound period in which players cannot take damage, get frozen or fire their weapons. (credits to Vlad for the countdown sequence and announcers)
                    • Implemented Round Overtime mechanics with health draining (credits to Vlad, for letting me use part of his code), which has two modes: lethal and non-lethal (more information at the first post)
                    • Improved/balanced the Round Overtime, by capping the health of players who thawed during overtime, to that of their healthiest teammate.
                    • Implemented a play-eligibility subsystem, so players who join a round that is in progress, are forced to wait until the next round kicks in. Team-swapping can only happen when the teams are uneven, and is currently punished by freezing the player who swapped teams. (I believe that this is balanced enough)
                    • A fair bit of code cleaning and miscellaneous optimizations.

Issues introduced in 0.5 Version:
                    • Performing a suicide with the Impact Hammer will cause the default inventory (Enforcer and Impact Hammer) to vanish, it is uncertain to why this happens (since players who get killed while they have the Impact Hammer, as their selected weapon, get their weapons saved normally).
                    • Players who shoot frozen enemies outside of the map, are normally getting kill credit and progression towards killing-sprees. Victims also get their death-count increased, even though they are frozen. This happens because there is no way to detect when a player is about to get killed via the map's killz, so we could intervene by using our custom functions.
                    • If a player gets thawed during overtime, there is a (frequent) possibility that their periodic damage might have a time offset to that of the other players.
                    • Even though players cannot fire their weapons during the 3-second startup period of each round, the weapon firing animations and sounds are playing normally (no ammo is consumed and no damage is being dealt, however, so it's purelly visual). This was not happening in the previous versions of the editor, so I am not sure what changed.
                    • Even though frozen players have their movement, animations and rotation disabled, they are still able to pitch their head up and down. I have not found a way to disable this, but this is purelly visual as well.
                    • The ice material that is being used to display the thaw progression, is no longer changing in intensity, the closer the player is to thawing. I am unsure of what caused this, but I am looking into it.
                    • In arena mode, destroyed actors like the PowerUp bases are visible/audible and Weapon/Ammo bases generate pickup sounds, however none of them have any collision, so running over them will generate no effect on gameplay. This is a purelly visual issue, which is caused due to the code executing in the GameMode blueprint. (would like some insight on how to fix this, but while still getting the Server/GameMode to run it, preferably only once during the game initialization)

Issues still present from the previous versions:
                    • Players who fall into the void cannot have their weapons stored. This happens because there is no way to detect when a player is about to get killed via the map's killz, so we can call the weapon saving function.
                    • If a player gets frozen, with dual enforcers in their inventory, only one enforcer will be stored away. This happens because dual enforcers and single enforcer share the same weapon class, and there is no way to differentiate between the two (or I haven't found one yet), at the moment.
                    • Rocket Launchers can lock-on to frozen players. This happens because even though we use a separate type of pawn to represent the frozen state, it's still a player-controlled pawn. Either that, or I am missing something.
                    • Fall-damage and self-damage cancellation, in Arena Mode, does not take armor into account (so while damage to the health is disabled, armor drains normally). This is due to the current "Event AnyDamage" implementation, can't do anything about it sadly.
                    • Playing this GameMode with the Instagib mutator, will result in frozen players having and firing the Instagib Rifle as per normal. There is nothing that can be done to stop this, since the mutator does not register the Instagib Rifle as an inventory item (and therefore I can't remove it) and for some odd reason the function "Disallow Weapon Firing" does not affect it.
                    • The only way to change the configuration/customization variables is to change their values from the editor, and recook the GameMode. Usage of *.ini files is not functional yet, waiting on Epic for this.

Issues that I am uncertain if they have been fixed or not (need testing):
                    • GoalScore being broken.
                    Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 07-31-2015, 11:38 AM.
                    > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

great stuff man! really nice to see you working hard at this Mods like this are really important to introduce newer players to the game, and fun for older players too!

Comment

Nice progress but this version (0.5) is broken, yep GoalScore dont work.

Comment

Nice progress but this version (0.5) is broken, yep GoalScore dont work.
                          Is GoalScore the only thing which is broken, or do you have more stuff to report? Feedback is welcome!

I'll try to attempt a fix for the GoalScore situation, whenever I get more time. Most likelly, I might have to fiddle with the gameobjective override. (I recall that something like this was made available in the recent build)
                          > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Well, if you insist

-ineditor: I can select "FreezeTag" under the GameMode Override setting but cooking failed (cooking popup disappears after some minute, no log).
                            -ingame: round begin just after the loading (before I'm ready), I spawn outside the map, once I freezed the enemies GoalScore make my team win again in a wonderful loop.

Comment

Well, if you insist

-ineditor: I can select "FreezeTag" under the GameMode Override setting but cooking failed (cooking popup disappears after some minute, no log).
                              -ingame: round begin just after the loading (before I'm ready), I spawn outside the map, once I freezed the enemies GoalScore make my team win again in a wonderful loop.
                              Cooking and compiling works for me, I'm not sure what is happening in your end.

About the second issue, we faced the exact same issue a moment ago while we were testing it with raxxy on one of his hubs.
                              Apparently even though it works flawlessly on the editor's dedicated server, the actual game server is a whole different story.
                              Unfortunatelly I will have to get back at it, in a few days.. Not enough time.

PS: My initial hunch, is that the "Event Post Init" is firing the StartOfRound earlier than it should (it should fire only when everyone is ready and the match just got started). As a consequence, when you finally get to join the game the round is already in-progress and you are flagged as ineligible. This, in turn, also marks you as frozen (so the round scoring is not influenced by ineligible players) and since you never got to possess a normal character pawn; your death coordinates are still of the default value (0, 0, 0), so that would explain why you spawned outside of the map.
                              First priority when I get home again, would be to look at the "Event Post Init" behavior in the actual game environment.
                              Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 06-14-2015, 01:29 AM.
                              > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
                                [...]since you never got to possess a normal character pawn.
                                ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I understand in the editor, after set FreezeTag for the Gamemode I need to set FreezeTagCharacter for the "Default Pawn Class" and cooking works! (by befault it's on "none" when I select FreezeTag)

Does my map really need to be cooked with your mod since you can play FreezeTag on every map? I don't see the difference

Comment

Working...
                                X