FreezeTag [BluePrint]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, thanks Cafe & Frostbyte.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Big update coming soon™.
      > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
      > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
      > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Finally, after a long hiatus of 4 months, the new version of FreezeTag is ready! The new version includes a ton of optimizations and fixes, courtesy of RattleSN4K3.
        This wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for his valuable knowledge and major contributions. Thus, I would like to offer him my sincerest thanks!

FreezeTag v1.0 Changelog:

General:
        • The GameMode has now reached beta state.
        • The GameMode is now compatible with 4.11-based builds.

GameMode Customization:
        • Added ArenaHealth variable to the GameMode customization variables. Controls how much health the players receive when a new round starts, if Arena Mode is enabled. (Allowed range is 100-199)
        • Added ArenaArmor variable to the GameMode customization variables. Controls what types of armor the players receive when a new round starts, if Arena Mode is enabled. (Allowed range is 0-7)
          • 0 - No armor (0)
          • 1 - Helmet (20)
          • 2 - Thighpads (50)
          • 3 - Thighpads + Helmet (70)
          • 4 - Chest (100)
          • 5 - Chest + Helmet (120)
          • 6 - Chest + Thighpads (150)
          • 7 - Chest + Thighpads + Helmet (170)
        • Added ArenaAmmo variable to the GameMode customization variables. Controls how much ammo (in percentage) the players receive when a new round starts, if Arena Mode is enabled. (Allowed range is 20-100)
        • Renamed RoundOvertimeDamage to SuddenDeathDamage and LethalRoundOvertime to LethalSuddenDeath, for more clarity.
        • Made changes to the allowed range of some customization variables:
          • ThawTime, AutoThawTime and SuddenDeathDamage are no longer allowed to be zero or less.
          • RoundTimer can now also be set to zero, for rounds with infinite duration.

Performance:
        • The GameMode has been completely rewritten (~90% of the code) and is now completely event-driven. It does no longer rely on tick(), thus it's more precise and lightweight. Tick() is now only used to calculate the thawing process, where a time delta along with a continuous execution, are necessary. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Optimized the bandwidth usage of the GameMode by moving alot of the calculations to the client-side, minimizing the data replication and removing alot of unnecessary replications. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)

Balance:
        • Tweaked the default values of ArenaHealth to 100, ArenaArmor to 6, and ArenaAmmo to 50.
        • Players who fall out of the world when a round is not in progress, will be teleported according to the game logic (optimal spawn based on team position). If there is round is in progress, they will be teleported at a randomly picked spawn point (and freeze, if they were alive).
        • Issuing the command "Suicide" when a round is in progress, will cause the player to freeze. The command will have no effect outside of round.
        • The round will no longer end, if there are not enough players left in the game (at least 2 teams containing 1 non-waiting player each). If that happens, the next player who enters the game (as a waiting player), will trigger a round restart.

User Experience:
        • The GameMode can now support more than 2 teams.
        • The round intermissions now use a more streamlined format: When a round ends there's a 5-second break, then there's a countdown until everything resets. Afterwards, a new round kicks in, where there is a silent 3-second startup grace period until the weapons unlock and the round officially begins. Current round number is now also announced. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Projectiles should now also be cleared, when a map reset is called, between rounds. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)

Scoring:
        • The GameMode now properly handles the Overtime and EndGame states, and will always select the correct winner. (Credits to RattleSN4K3 for the FindBestPlayer algorythm, and Steve Polge for the IsThereAWinner override)
        • The EndGame code has been modified to prioritize the last scorer, if there is a tie in score between teammates, when selecting the match winner.

Freezing/Thawing:
        • The freezing and kill-awarding algorythms have been completely rewritten, so that they no longer rely on having the player pawn die and teleporting it once the player respawns and it gets repossessed. The game should flow alot smoother now. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Teammates that are already within the ThawRadius of a player who just got frozen, should now be properly detected and contibute towards the thawing, without having to exit and re-enter the radius. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Allies which have thawed/frozen within the ThawRadius of an already frozen teammate; will be properly detected and contribute towards, or removed from, the thawing process respectively. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)

Spectating:
        • Frozen players now view themselves from a third-person perspective. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Frozen players who spectate their teammates will now automatically switch to the next viewable target, if the teammate that they were viewing from, got frozen. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Frozen players who spectate their teammates will now automatically switch back to their self view, if they were viewing from their last alive ally, and their team got frozen.

User Interface:
        • Changed the player overlay highlight (current view target) to white, so it won't be confused on 4-team setups, with the Green team.
        • The reported percentage for frozen allies, on the overlay widget, now ticks down alot smoother. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)

Content/Mutator Support:
        • Arena Mode, should now support custom weapons. (Either existing on the map, or added via mutators)
          NOTE: Likewise, it's should also now be possible to restrict some weapons with the usage of the weapon replacement mutator, but have in mind that this will also affect the locations reporting on the widget.
        • Current Position and Current Weapon fields (on the player overlay widget), should now support custom pickups/weapons, provided that they respect the naming scheme. ("BP_Name_C", "Name_C", or "Name". Any underscore characters, aside the ones combined with the prefix and the suffix, will be treated as spaces) (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Current Position and Current Weapon fields (on the player overlay widget), should now support client localization. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
        • Current Position and Current Weapon fields (on the player overlay widget), should now support mutators that alter pickups and/or weapons in the beginning or during play. (Credits to RattleSN4K3)
          NOTE: In Arena Mode and Instagib this functionality is limited to work only during the initialization (aka mutators that do stuff before the game starts), otherwise it would cause alot of confusion. (Pickups changing in an environment where there are no pickups)
        • Current Position (on the player overlay widget), should now support moving pickups and pickups which are fixed on moving platforms.
          NOTE: In Arena Mode and Instagib this functionality is disabled due to limitations. (All the pickups are treated as static; since we can't just hide pickups, we have to destroy them)

Visuals:
        • Made usage of JoshuaMarlow's new Ice material, so that there's more clarity in regards to which team each frozen player belongs to. (Credits to Joshua Marlow)

Audio:
        • Added touch sound, so players have an audio cue, when they are thawing their teammates. (Credits to the makers of Freon, where the sound originates from, and to Gleedo for providing the audio file)
        • Added thaw sound, so players have an audio cue, when their teammate has thawed. (Credits to the makers of Freon, where the sound originates from, and to vlad.serbanescu11 for providing the audio file)

Bot Support:
        • Bots are no longer allowed to fire their weapons, when it's not allowed by the GameMode. (i.e. when the round is in the 3-second startup grace period)

Download links will be available as soon as I resolve my technical difficulties uploading stuff into rushbase.
        EDIT: I added temporary download links from my HUB, until the situation with rushbase can get resolved.
        Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 03-08-2016, 05:36 PM.
        > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

The package is online again, I worked around the issue by cooking it with a blank map in the editor.
          This is a placeholder until I figure out why cooking it via UAT causes it to be unstable.
          > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Thank you for your hard work Frostbyte! FreezeTag is up and running on the MegaUnreal Server under the "Featured" Tab! After first test it plays well with no issues as of yet! Will you be updating the Greed and Avarice game types anytime soon? Edit...Never mind I see you have already updated those Gametypes...Thanks!
            Last edited by Megasporwic; 03-10-2016, 01:56 PM.
            Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

I pushed a global update on everything the same day, new versions of Greed and Avarice are already available since 03/08.
              I will be pushing a hotfix for FreezeTag soon, as I discovered a case I forgot to cover, which could lead to some heavy exploitation.
              > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Hotfix 1.0.1 Changelog:
                • The team switching code should now function properly again. (sometimes we all get forgetful)
                • Fixed an issue where players would not have their pawns cleared upon disconnecting.
                > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Hotfix 1.0.2 Changelog:

General:
                  • Fixed the incorrect GameMode badge texture color.

Bugfixes:
                  • Fixed an issue where players that would join mid-match would get an incorrect round timer value.
                  • Fixed an issue where the thaw radius would trigger damage/teleporting events, even though the player is clearly not touching the pain volumes with their capsule.

Balance:
                  • Reduced the thaw radius of frozen players by roughly 35%. You now have to be somewhat touching the teammate, not just thawing while yolo-dodging rockets without any risk involved.
                  Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 03-16-2016, 05:42 PM.
                  > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

This gametype shows alot of promise... this plus Team Showdown might just be something great.

Comment

In case you missed it, the GameMode has been showcased by Zaccubus during the UTea Forecast of the 03/23/2016.
                      You can view the full VoD here.

Many thanks to Zaccubus and to the participants of the stream, for taking the time to play and review it!
                      PS: Excuse my bad english, as it's not my native language. Some presentation errors were made and my train of thought was lost many times in the process, as I was trying to play and explain at the same time.
                      > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

This is a great mode! I think it should get more playtime on the hubs.

Is it possible to prevent this from being an issue:

• Remove previous versions of FreezeTag in your "\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks\" folder. (As it can cause conflicts when installing newer versions of the GameMode)

I say this because if someone has an older version, and they join a server with the newer version they'll run into issues. And that person joining (with a previously downloaded older pak version) is inconvenienced by this and likely may not make that extra effort to fix. And likewise it takes the hub manager time to explain how to fix. And instead of going through all that, the players will just choose to play another game mode.

Comment

It has already been discussed in the past, you can view the relevant discussion here.
                          The current system, will automatically replace with the newer *.pak, if both the older and the newer package share the exact name.
                          However, I tend to include the version number in the package names, so it's easy to tell which is which. To make the admins' life easier, you could say.
                          Unless the UT Devs introduce a different way to sign and version the packages (which should not be dependant on the package name), this issue will not be avoided easily.

#PreAlpha
                          Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 03-30-2016, 04:33 PM.
                          > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Thanks for the response. From the small portion of information I have read, and what you've said I can sense you have done some great, detailed, best effort work under current circumstances and constraints. Thanks man.

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know, are you releasing a pak for this latest patch?

Comment

Due to my work schedule (afternoon shifts) this will have to wait a bit.
                                I will get my hands on it next week (possibly to push an update as well), but no promises. Real life has been hitting hard recently and I have left alot of projects unfinished, as of now.
                                > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Working...
                                X