Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulse (Bombing Run remake; Screenshots added: 10/20/2015)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download link is dead ...

BTW: How's progress going?

Comment

Originally posted by haolt View Post
      Hello.
      What about: Intercepting the flying ball in mid-air will give the catcher a little shield boost when carying the ball after the intercept.
      In my opinion the carrier dies too easily with just 100 health, also the shield boost would be a pleasant reward for skillfull intercepting.
      The greater distance the ball traveled, the more shield bonus the one who catches it will get.
      Thats actually an amazing idea. If you intercept the ball, all people will shoot at you. So you have like 1 second to shoot or pass the ball and thats pretty sad for all the efford catching it.
      But if you get 50 or 100 shield for catching a pass or based on distance, it would be a great change and advantage.
      Also people will be more motivated to catch a pass, which is really not easy. But with this mechanic it will increase the overall skill in the community.

With this said, you could do the same with getting Adrenaline and build some maps mde for many speed runs. I see many people messing up their runs, though its so important on Twin Toms for example. Would be a good practice.

btw haolt: people won't lower playing dm style, because you can win with 60 deaths (DM) or 60 kills (TL only) in BR and thats what makes it amazing. If you have a DM team on Anubis, they will probably win. If you have a BR Team on Twin Tombs, they will probably win.
      Also i think in future the score for making a Goal will be way higher and more important. Many players still think, they are pro Players if they have the most score/kills. But that doesn't really matter.

If my score is equal 30 kills 30 deaths 30 touches and i did 2 or 3 goals, i feel i made a good game. Depens on what team you have, sometimes 20/40/40/3 but the goals must be in.
      Last edited by n0niz; 09-10-2015, 06:50 PM.
      Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Originally posted by VendorX View Post
        Download link is dead ...

BTW: How's progress going?

This project is on hold. I've been asking for help with other projects for months and, apart from a collaboration with Frostbyte which helped both FreezeTag and Last Team Standing, I haven't received anything worthy to mention.

The blueprints have also been available for months. If anyone wanted to draw inspiration or work on top of them, they were free to do so. I haven't taken care of the links in my description for a long time.

Comment

I'd be willing to help with anything other than code to get the default BR mode working first.

Comment

Thank you! In terms of modelling, for example, help will be needed (since I have no talent/experience in that field), but not in the near future. The code is still far from being completely playable so there's no point in going for the visual aspects yet. I guess you could try to design a weapon, a bomb or a goal post if you wish, but I can't promise I'll be needing them anytime soon.

Comment

I'm just bumping the thread a bit, I'm interested and would love to play the mode

Comment

Looking at the OP, I realize how outdated and messy it is

I'm hoping to finish a playable (and somewhat aesthetically pleasing) mod this week, but I make no promises!

Thanks for the support!

Comment

Would love to see bombing run in UT4 please our sense of aesthetics !

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdmtoaugmM

Pleasing enough for now?

Comment

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
                      ...have a center spawn ball and you will have a hit!
                      ... ... and.... maybe change your current (or the last ones I saw) goals to just a collision disc so that the community can make there own goals to match there themes!
                      http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                      http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Some of my favorite gaming of all time was Regular Gravity, Instagib Bombing run. I would love to see it again.

Comment

I'll run a regular gravity instagib BR server when it is playable

Comment

Better?

In order to have this BR prototype as polished as possible, I was forced to re-design a weapon base from scratch. I'm still working on it.

The bomb is almost finished (although ugly).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Vlad I appreciate you trying to make a new spin on BR but I think the gameplay changes you made are going to hurt gameplay negatively. I believe you are one of the few people here who have the skills to get BR up and running quick and I think you would be better off starting with the original BR first and then make enhancements from there. So many gameplay tweaks off the bat is not going to work if you want people to play this mode. Its kind of a backwards approach.

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
                              1. Gameplay: The weapon (I called it Shock Amplifier) is no longer spawned in the center of the map. Instead, at the beginning of the match, it is given to a random team. At the beginning of every round, the team who did not have the weapon in the previous round will receive it in the present round (fair enough?)
                              Both teams rushing to the ball in the center is part of the fun. The fight over the ball in the center of the map is not something I would get rid of. Plus you have situations where the ball goes out of bounce or needs to be reset, who gets the ball then?

2. Bomb (I called it Shock Charge): The projectile is faster and a bit harder to spot (it doesn’t have the yellow “shield” around it). Its new speed makes it easier to pass to teammates. For that reason (and because it was very hard to do) the game will not help you when passing.
                              It wasn't hard to pass to teammates before. The auto-lock on slow movement of the pass meant you could bend it around corners and objects. BR pros would do this on a regular and was one of the best aspects of BR and you are getting rid of it by having a fast shot ball with no auto-lock on. Being able to shoot down a pass was one of the best moments of BR as well.

3. Weapon: It now has 2 firing modes; it comes with 100 ammo and has a maximum capacity of 200. Every 2.5 seconds it regenerates 5 health (much slower than in Ut2004) up to 200 and 5 ammo up to 200.
                              a. Shock Charge (primary, the bomb): costs 50 ammo.
                              b. Shock Shield (secondary): Costs 5 ammo and it fires every 0.5 seconds. It is impenetrable by everything but the Impact Hammer’s secondary fire and the Bio Rifle so take note that whenever you remove an opponent’s shield you have 0.5 secs to damage him (this will hopefully encourage teamplay since it would be nearly impossible for someone to damage his opponent in this interval).
                              You completely lost me here. These changes are too drastic to even call it BR anymore.

I hope the changes I’ve made, especially at the weapon, will give its wielder more versatility (it could be overpowered until proper testing). In UT2004, once you got the bomb, there was basically nothing else you could do but run. Doesn’t seem too fun.
                              This may be the case for new players. But BR fans will tell you running with the ball is the most fun part of the game, a weapon would only make it less fun. The ability to out dodge your opponents and psych them out with your movements was best part of BR and trained me to be able to out move my opponent in other modes.
                              Last edited by ness 710; 10-17-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X