Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulse (Bombing Run remake; Screenshots added: 10/20/2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
    I will release BR as a separate mod, once IMP starts getting played a bit. Update incoming.
    Glad to hear that! .... this will make lot of ppl very happy when that day comes! .... will have an iBR server up and running as soon as I catch wind of this!

... and thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot to reply to your earlier post ^

Haven't fixed it yet for this build. I've been focusing on LTS and a few mutators. Will do a.s.a.p.

It's just that there are so many things to do with so many mods and mutators... I wish I had more time. Tyvm for supporting dude! I will finish this, I promise !
    No worries man I saw some of the stuff you're working on lol. I'm just excited to get this going =D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Podosniper View Post
    How's the progress coming along? I have a hub I'd love to put this on to play.
    Sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot to reply to your earlier post ^

Haven't fixed it yet for this build. I've been focusing on LTS and a few mutators. Will do a.s.a.p.

It's just that there are so many things to do with so many mods and mutators... I wish I had more time. Tyvm for supporting dude! I will finish this, I promise !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How's the progress coming along? I have a hub I'd love to put this on to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was just about to message you to see how things are coming along lol. Looking forward to it and I know at least one of my clan mates is interested as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    I think if you would stick to the Traditional Core aspect of the Original BR game (2 goals, center ball spawn) with the new elements your proposing with this mod you would have a "Home Run" with the BR community! ... and you could go back to the traditional name of the game! .... this is what the majority (BR Community) really want to see!

... just my other .02 cents!
    I will release BR as a separate mod, once IMP starts getting played a bit. Update incoming.

Originally posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Vlad, what do you need help with to finish this gametype up?
    Nope. Just time

But thanks for offering your help!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vlad, what do you need help with to finish this gametype up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, hopefully more successful.
    I think if you would stick to the Traditional Core aspect of the Original BR game (2 goals, center ball spawn) with the new elements your proposing with this mod you would have a "Home Run" with the BR community! ... and you could go back to the traditional name of the game! .... this is what the majority (BR Community) really want to see!

... just my other .02 cents!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the shield ideas, that's actually something I've been wanting to explore doing if only for a Shield Gun (though a 2k4 style one might not be able to handle that detail density). Getting that visual effect right is going to take some artistry, but could be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!
    I linked him on irc right as I was done with it so could take a quick look at it before he had to go. Yesterday, he poked me on irc and actually asked me to lend him a hand with the shield and "beautify" it in the first place. It was fun to do some fx art once in a while.
    One point of criticism that might be worth to look into is if the shield I portrayed isn't too small, especially considering the gaps on the border. That's something he noticed at first glance. Depending on whether you want stuff to pass through them, I figured it could be a good compromise for the shield size, same as with the visible "shield holder" legs, how that would work out on the practical/gameplay side of things... that would have to be given a try. In fact, once I was told about the size, I noticed it too.

All that would be missing now would be meshes and emitters to prototype it and give it a try (and eventually apply changes to its design where necessary).

Btw, I'm really crazy about the team gate's design, I doubt they need any redesign, at least not anytime soon. They look fantastic!
    The ball might need a proper mesh with equally sized hex patterns though (I think it's an issue of the UV mapping there), apart from that I don't see anything wrong with the rest of it either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Sly It looks amazing! Hopefully vlad has time to see this soon, because he's pretty busy/stressed irl at the moment as far as I know. It would be nice to have one of the tiles centered in first person view like Henrik said, so the player can see where they are going while using it! :P
    At the moment we are getting a couple packaging errors with the assets, so once vlad gets that sorted the progress with the game mode should pick right back up again! Don't go anywhere!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Eh, fair point. I didn't pay attention to that.
    Would very likely be better for gameplay reasons to to have the central hexagon be centered with the crosshair as a "window" to look through.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was confused at first cause they both appeared to be 1st person.. til I noticed the other player off in the distance there.

For first person view, you might want to have the effect centered with the crosshair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a proposition for a shield redesign that I've made just a few minutes ago:

Open up animation:

Occasional flickers:

And here again as a static image for reference:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

And once how it could look like in first person, this time in red:

The first person one was a quick job, so it's a bit pixelated, but hey, it might pixelate the environment a bit, could be interesting.

I hope you like it or it's in any way inspiring.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we need this gametype! bombing run was hella fun even against a.i.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X