Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulse (Bombing Run remake; Screenshots added: 10/20/2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Impulse (Bombing Run remake; Screenshots added: 10/20/2015)

Download: COMING SOON

Overview:

Impulse is a game mode inspired by Bombing Run from the previous UT games. It adds a secondary weapon, along with the original bomb carrier, as well as modifications in the scoring system, in order to create new synergies and unlock the true potential of this e-Sports worthy concept.

Description:

There are 2-4 teams (depending on the selected game mode version), each with their own base. At the beginning of the game, a weapon (Holographic Cannon) is spawned near the center of the map. The objective is to rush and obtain this weapon and use it to launch a projectile (HoloCharge) at an enemy's gate (HoloGate). Once a point is scored, the players get reset in their own bases and the team which lost the round will be given the Holographic Cannon somewhere inside their own base.

• There are 3 scoring situations: long-range (awards 1 point), close-range (awards 3 points) and jumping through the enemy's gate (awards 5 points).
    • If the Holographic Cannon drops and it isn't pickup up within 30 seconds, it will respawn at the weapon base near the center of the map.
    • If the HoloCharge isn't picked up for 15 seconds or it gets destroyed by taking too much damage or falling off the map, the Holographic Cannon respawns at the weapon base near the center of the map.
    • NEW: A secondary weapon (Holographic Deflector) has been introduced, which will be available at a location set by the map maker. This weapon spawns a shield (HoloShield) with its primary fire mode and a tractor beam (Quantum Wave) with its secondary fire mode.
    Map-making:

This game mode is currently converting any CTF map, but in order to make use of its entire depth and immersion, very specific maps will be required ("IMP-MapName"). The author will decide the placement of the gates, primary weapon and secondary weapon, as well as other specific actors which will enhance the gameplay of this mode (e.g. checkpoints to speed up the HoloCharge).

Details:

COMING SOON

Video:

Screenshots:

1. Holographic Cannon:

2. HoloCharge:

3. Holographic Deflector:

4. HoloShield:

5. Team Gates:

6. Weapons, when dropped:

Attached Files
    Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 10-24-2015, 01:46 PM.

You are on fire vlad Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by IsSuE View Post
      You are on fire vlad Nice work
      Well I've had some free time in the past 2 weeks so... Thanks

I think BR is in a much better state than UA.

I'm probably going to adapt UA to include a spectating system similar to TAM/BTA's original one and then I'll be off for a while (my finals are coming).

Comment

[UPDATE] The original version didn't use Team PlayerStarts so players could get respawned at their opponents' base. It's been corrected.

Comment

You said you want to be able to use CTF maps. That's a good idea. For clarification, will the mod automatically convert flag pad locations into the "goalposts"?
          UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
            You said you want to be able to use CTF maps. That's a good idea. For clarification, will the mod automatically convert flag pad locations into the "goalposts"?
            Yes. It destroys the flag bases (it actually removes the flags and not the bases on clients, on server it works as intended; don't know why yet; however, this is only a visual issue, nothing more) and spawns 2 meshes that I created in their places, which act as "goalposts".

Comment

Until then Epic releases a fix to custom settings, this new game mode will have to wait. It would be much better if someone out there creates a map (better yet a remake map) for Bombing Run.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocom7 View Post
                It would be much better if someone out there creates a map (better yet a remake map) for Bombing Run.
                Why would it be better to have different maps for BR and CTF? If someone remakes a BR map, why shouldn't we be able to play both CTF and BR on it?

Comment

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
                  Introduction:

Back in UT2004, although popular, Bombing Run never reached the same popularity of CTF/DM/TDM. I am hoping to change that with a few new features.

Although the gameplay is basically the same, I have to state this: everything I added or modified was simply the materialization of both my personal thoughts and my feelings about UT2004’s Bombing Run. They are, in no way, meant to be part of the final outcome of UT4’s Bombing Run.

The main idea of this post is to generate as much feedback as possible since I am not able to test a mod properly from a single workstations. Doing so would only remove the dynamicity of the game, which is why all modes should be tested thoroughly by a team of people, each on their own computer.

NOTE #1: All the visual assets/meshes are placeholder contents.

NOTE #2: To gain increased feedback, this article can be found on both the UT Programming forum and the UT Gametypes subforum. In case this is considered inappropriate (although it seems illogical to me), I apologize and kindly ask any moderators to decide which post to keep.

Download link V1.0: https://ut.rushbase.net/VladS11

Installation: Place the .uasset files inside the .zip from the link above inside your UT/Content/BombingRun.

Overview:

This game mode is using CTF maps. I firmly believe CTF and BR are like DM and TDM: way too similar to require different maps.

Differences from the original Bombing Run:

1. Gameplay: The weapon (I called it Shock Amplifier) is no longer spawned in the center of the map. Instead, at the beginning of the match, it is given to a random team. At the beginning of every round, the team who did not have the weapon in the previous round will receive it in the present round (fair enough?)

2. Bomb (I called it Shock Charge): The projectile is faster and a bit harder to spot (it doesn’t have the yellow “shield” around it). Its new speed makes it easier to pass to teammates. For that reason (and because it was very hard to do) the game will not help you when passing.

What is your motivation in making the ball less visible? As the central element of the game I'd have thought it should be made as visible as possible - so anyone with a direct line of sight can't miss it.

A faster-moving ball is worth trying, but it needs to be balanced so that it's still possible to predict the trajectory of the ball and intercept it (or shoot it down). I expect the slow stock translocator will need to be significantly enhanced to properly enable this important part of the gameplay, and probably double jump (or some other mechanism to enable z-axis control when translocating) will be necessary too.

3. Weapon: It now has 2 firing modes; it comes with 100 ammo and has a maximum capacity of 200. Every 2.5 seconds it regenerates 5 health (much slower than in Ut2004) up to 200 and 5 ammo up to 200.

a. Shock Charge (primary, the bomb): costs 50 ammo.

What happens when the ammo count goes <50? You're unable to throw the ball? How about in this scenario you're still able to drop the ball for a team mate to pick up (or use a significantly less powerful throw) in order to avoid the situation where a player is stuck with the ball (25 seconds to regenerate would seem like an eternity in such a fast paced game, and would be very frutrating for team mates). Alternatively, you could make it impossible to pick up the ball with <50 ammo?

b. Shock Shield (secondary): Costs 5 ammo and it fires every 0.5 seconds. It is impenetrable by everything but the Impact Hammer’s secondary fire and the Bio Rifle so take note that whenever you remove an opponent’s shield you have 0.5 secs to damage him (this will hopefully encourage teamplay since it would be nearly impossible for someone to damage his opponent in this interval).

I hope the changes I’ve made, especially at the weapon, will give its wielder more versatility (it could be overpowered until proper testing). In UT2004, once you got the bomb, there was basically nothing else you could do but run. Doesn’t seem too fun.

I thought about suggesting to also enable a hammer-jumping feature in the ball weapon, but we have to be careful not to allow the ball carrier to do too much alone and de-emphasise the emphasis on team-play - ideally, the ball should rarely be carried for long, with pass-and-move a superior strategy.

Known issues:

Sometimes the ball would go through materials (I have no idea why). However, this is pretty rare.

Sounds good!

Unfortunately I can't try it for a few weeks because I'm travelling and can't get the latest build to work on my macbook, but I made some comments inline.
                  Last edited by j; 05-04-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                    What is your motivation in making the ball less visible? As the central element of the game I'd have thought it should be made as visible as possible - so anyone with a direct line of sight can't miss it.
                    The ball itself has a very bright material (some of the materials used for the shock rifle's plasma), instead of the old, dark-colored material. And for that reason, I thought (for now, at least) that it wouldn't be necessary anymore to add the yellow shield around it. It's just an idea, community feedback will decide the course of action.

A faster-moving ball is worth trying, but it needs to be balanced so that it's still possible to predict the trajectory of the ball and intercept it (or shoot it down). I expect the slow stock translocator will need to be significantly enhanced to properly enable this important part of the gameplay, and probably double jump (or some other mechanism to enable z-axis control when translocating) will be necessary too.
                    I understand what you're saying. The translocator, however, is not my concept to mess with. I could, but I'm not sure I should. Instead, it is always possible to tweak the weapon and ball characteristics, such as speed and impulse. That's going to be easy, but then again, will require lots of feedback.

What happens when the ammo count goes <50? You're unable to throw the ball?
                    You cannot shoot the ball when you have less than 50 ammo. This will prevent people from using the shield carelessly.

How about in this scenario you're still able to drop the ball for a team mate to pick up (or use a significantly less powerful throw) in order to avoid the situation where a player is stuck with the ball (25 seconds to regenerate would seem like an eternity in such a fast paced game, and would be very frutrating for team mates).
                    If a players ends up in that scenario, it's because he has used his shield recklessly and should be penalized for that. He will have 2 endings:
                    HAPPY ENDING: He gets protected by his team until his ammo regenerates and he can score/pass.
                    SAD ENDING: Teammates don't notice the dumbass used all of his ammo and leave him for dead.

NOTE: What if he still has 35 ammo when he decides to stop using the shield? It was his choice to use the shield and therefore, his choice of how much time he will be exposed.

Alternatively, you could make it impossible to pick up the ball with <50 ammo?
                    I'm not sure I understand. Could you elaborate a bit, please?

I'm going to reply, hoping I understood correctly.

The weapon can be obtained in 3 ways:

a) Receive it (randomly) at the beginning of a round

NOTE:
                    In the ideal case, at the beginning of every round, a random player will be given the weapon, but that player will never be given the weapon again (to prevent matches in which the same players gets the weapon over and over again). This isn't scripted yet.

b) Pick it up from a dead enemy (directly)

c) Grab the ball (upon grabbing the ball, the player receives the weapon indirectly)

NOTE: The ball has physics collision, which means it interacts with ALL WEAPONS. For example, its trajectory could be changed while in mid-air by a skilled sharpshooter.

No matter the case, the player will get the weapon with 100 ammo. That's only fair, I think. So the only reason for him not being able to pass/shoot the ball would be if he spams the shield (his fault or his team's fault for not protecting him enough). But he will always drop the weapon on death.

NOTE: Just like in UT2004's BR, there will always be in-game EITHER the weapon OR the ball. Whenever both are destroyed (scoring or shooting the ball off the map), the round is reset.

... use a significantly less powerful throw...
                    My original idea was to have a weapon which would change the ball's velocity by how much the user charges it (like in basket, the ball only gets thrown as far away as the strength you use to throw it).

That, however, is a bit harder to implement right now. But I still have it in my sights.

... but we have to be careful not to allow the ball carrier to do too much alone and de-emphasise the emphasis on team-play - ideally, the ball should rarely be carried for long, with pass-and-move a superior strategy.
                    By tweaking some values (ball travel distance, shield ammo consumption rate etc) I believe the ideal you are describing can be achieved, with minimal problems.

At the moment, my vision was a bit different: Imagine a random player gets the ball. The team will have to work together and protect him. But the enemy team also has to work together to disable his shield (due to the 0.5 secs window, it would be very hard, if not impossible to do this alone). This, I think, encourages teamplay more than just a general guideline such as "People should pass the ball more often". The ball carrier can't depend on his team alone, because, if his health regenerates 5 times slower than in normal BR (I think it's 5; or 3; anyway much slower), he must protect himself. How?

1. Passes the ball (theoretically losing the enemies' focus)

2. Shield (which as I stated, needs to be used carefully)

So in the end the ball carrier has more versatility and choices. He doesn't just have to run like crazy to the enemy gate.
                    Also, in the end: the team HAS to work as a team; if they're not grouped, the ball carrier will die easily (competitively, I think this could be a really good direction to go to, but that's just me)

IMPORTANT: The shield works just like UT2004's Shield Gun. It protects your front, not your back !
                    Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 05-05-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

This definitely has to be tested out, why do I have to be so busy these days so I even barely get time to fire up UT.

Comment

Messed around last night and this morning with this! .... I used my CTF Tutorial Map I saved! ... of course had to change texture for red/blue base!

Here are some first Pic's for you guys to get at least a visual of what it looks like atm!

I will attempt to test this with the founder of our clan as he was a hardcore BR guy back in 2k3/4 and we did some in UT3!
                        Attached Files

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

The ball itself has a very bright material (some of the materials used for the shock rifle's plasma), instead of the old, dark-colored material. And for that reason, I thought (for now, at least) that it wouldn't be necessary anymore to add the yellow shield around it. It's just an idea, community feedback will decide the course of action.

Makes sense. I guess one thing in favour of the larger size is that it gives you some idea of the pickup radius.

I understand what you're saying. The translocator, however, is not my concept to mess with. I could, but I'm not sure I should. Instead, it is always possible to tweak the weapon and ball characteristics, such as speed and impulse. That's going to be easy, but then again, will require lots of feedback.

Agreed, ideally we shouldn't have to modify the base game mechanics (which would create a barrier to new players). The current TL is almost as big of a problem for CTF, so hopefully it will eventually be fixed.

You cannot shoot the ball when you have less than 50 ammo. This will prevent people from using the shield carelessly.

If a players ends up in that scenario, it's because he has used his shield recklessly and should be penalized for that. He will have 2 endings:
                          HAPPY ENDING: He gets protected by his team until his ammo regenerates and he can score/pass.
                          SAD ENDING: Teammates don't notice the dumbass used all of his ammo and leave him for dead.

I think it could be very frustrating for teammates if one of their players is stuck with the ball for even 5 seconds (the resulting predictability would make loss of possession almost inevitable in the opponents' half of the map). With no built-in option to drop the ball, the best option might be to suicide!

NOTE: What if he still has 35 ammo when he decides to stop using the shield? It was his choice to use the shield and therefore, his choice of how much time he will be exposed.

I'm not sure I understand. Could you elaborate a bit, please?

I'm going to reply, hoping I understood correctly.

The weapon can be obtained in 3 ways:

a) Receive it (randomly) at the beginning of a round

NOTE:
                          In the ideal case, at the beginning of every round, a random player will be given the weapon, but that player will never be given the weapon again (to prevent matches in which the same players gets the weapon over and over again). This isn't scripted yet.

b) Pick it up from a dead enemy (directly)

c) Grab the ball (upon grabbing the ball, the player receives the weapon indirectly)

NOTE: The ball has physics collision, which means it interacts with ALL WEAPONS. For example, its trajectory could be changed while in mid-air by a skilled sharpshooter.

No matter the case, the player will get the weapon with 100 ammo. That's only fair, I think. So the only reason for him not being able to pass/shoot the ball would be if he spams the shield (his fault or his team's fault for not protecting him enough). But he will always drop the weapon on death.

Starting with 100 ammo resolves the question I had of a player potentially picking up the ball and not being able to throw for 25 seconds (if they had no ammo). I guess the same would have to apply when receiving a pass? That could make it too difficult to prevent a goal if a player received the pass in the goal room.

NOTE: Just like in UT2004's BR, there will always be in-game EITHER the weapon OR the ball. Whenever both are destroyed (scoring or shooting the ball off the map), the round is reset.

My original idea was to have a weapon which would change the ball's velocity by how much the user charges it (like in basket, the ball only gets thrown as far away as the strength you use to throw it).

That, however, is a bit harder to implement right now. But I still have it in my sights.

I think it's worth considering. I wouldn't rule out lock passing either - it was always controversial with 2k3 players (I think mostly because it changed the game so much - see below), but it increases the team-play potential and introduces a whole new set of skills to the game (passing, receiving, and intercepting or shooting down the lock passes).

By tweaking some values (ball travel distance, shield ammo consumption rate etc) I believe the ideal you are describing can be achieved, with minimal problems.

At the moment, my vision was a bit different: Imagine a random player gets the ball. The team will have to work together and protect him. But the enemy team also has to work together to disable his shield (due to the 0.5 secs window, it would be very hard, if not impossible to do this alone). This, I think, encourages teamplay more than just a general guideline such as "People should pass the ball more often". The ball carrier can't depend on his team alone, because, if his health regenerates 5 times slower than in normal BR (I think it's 5; or 3; anyway much slower), he must protect himself. How?

1. Passes the ball (theoretically losing the enemies' focus)

2. Shield (which as I stated, needs to be used carefully)

So in the end the ball carrier has more versatility and choices. He doesn't just have to run like crazy to the enemy gate.

In 2k4 BR, simply running for the goal with the ball was usually a losing strategy. Most goals came from passing the ball through the map, eventually to a player in a position close enough to the goal that the amount of running required was minimal. In this respect it was very different from 2k3, which had no lock passing and no "ball launcher drains translocator", which meant solo "running" to the goal was the main strategy in 2k3 (although running in this case meant self-passing using the translocator). Although both styles had their merits, the changes made for 2k4 definitely dramatically increased the importance of playing the ball as a team.

Also, in the end: the team HAS to work as a team; if they're not grouped, the ball carrier will die easily (competitively, I think this could be a really good direction to go to, but that's just me)

Wouldn't grouping make them an easy target? The ball carrier (actually, the ball itself) will always be the focus of fire, and by grouping instead of taking a tactical defensive or receiving position the ball's movement would become predictable and a magnet for spam, likely resulting in the whole team being taken out along with the ball carrier.

IMPORTANT: The shield works just like UT2004's Shield Gun. It protects your front, not your back !
                          replies inline above
                          Last edited by j; 05-07-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I think it could be very frustrating for teammates if one of their players is stuck with the ball for even 5 seconds (the resulting predictability would make loss of possession almost inevitable in the opponents' half of the map). With no built-in option to drop the ball, the best option might be to suicide!
                            I agree. But then again, a team who actually plays like a team should never end up in this situation and if they do, it's their own fault. I really like, in general, system which are reward/penalty-based. I think they keep things interesting and people motivated.

At the moment, I can't thing of anything to avoid this without creating severe unbalance issues. I would like to hear alternatives!

Starting with 100 ammo resolves the question I had of a player potentially picking up the ball and not being able to throw for 25 seconds (if they had no ammo). I guess the same would have to apply when receiving a pass? That could make it too difficult to prevent a goal if a player received the pass in the goal room.
                            Yes, players also start with 100 ammo when they receive a pass. If they happen to be in the opposing team's goal room, I guess it's their credit or their opponents' fault, right? So why should we give their opponents yet another fighting chance since the enemy got in their base? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this scenario existed in both UT2k3 and UT2k4 as well.

How would you handle this?

I think it's worth considering. I wouldn't rule out lock passing either - it was always controversial with 2k3 players (I think mostly because it changed the game so much - see below), but it increases the team-play potential and introduces a whole new set of skills to the game (passing, receiving, and intercepting or shooting down the lock passes).
                            I'm only ruling out lock passing temporary because of the coding involved (which seems a bit hard). My thinking was that adding an extra layer of choices and possibilities of complex strategies by introducing the shield and increasing the ball's speed would require new skills, easy to grasp, hard to master (which I consider to be close to ideal). In this context, adding lock passing would only make things easier.

Again, I am open to alternatives.

Wouldn't grouping make them an easy target? The ball carrier (actually, the ball itself) will always be the focus of fire, and by grouping instead of taking a tactical defensive or receiving position the ball's movement would become predictable and a magnet for spam, likely resulting in the whole team being taken out along with the ball carrier.
                            I meant that not in such a literal way. I was actually referring to the tactical defensive you are talking about. The goal was to prevent people from running off after frags (because it's not a frag-based gametype after all; it's CTF at its roots). Imagine you're a sniper and you want to stay out of combat for as long as possible. You should know that if you don't focus on the enemies engaging your ball carrier and instead focus on whoever is easier to kill, you might be responsible for a loss.

My concept of ideal would be a team always trying to protect the carrier (not necessarily being 1 meter away from him, creating a spam magnet) so he reaches the enemy base with enough ammo to score; if he can't, then it's most likely because of poor teamplay. In both 2k3 and 2k4, passing or not, there was still very little you could do with the ball.

Comment

More replies below. I think I really need to try it to give more specific feedback. Hopefully will get the chance in a week or so.

I agree. But then again, a team who actually plays like a team should never end up in this situation and if they do, it's their own fault. I really like, in general, system which are reward/penalty-based. I think they keep things interesting and people motivated.

At the moment, I can't thing of anything to avoid this without creating severe unbalance issues. I would like to hear alternatives!

Yes, players also start with 100 ammo when they receive a pass. If they happen to be in the opposing team's goal room, I guess it's their credit or their opponents' fault, right? So why should we give their opponents yet another fighting chance since the enemy got in their base? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this scenario existed in both UT2k3 and UT2k4 as well.

How would you handle this?

In 2kx a player receiving the ball in the opponents' base would often have low health, and die very quickly. Even if not, there was a good chance of them having only 100hp. Here, they get a free shield boost which should normally be sufficient to see them all the way to the goal regardless of their starting health or shield. In a 1v1 ball carrier vs chasing defender scenario in front of goal, really the only option for the defender would be to go for the telefrag save (unless they happened to have bio already charged up). I think it will be very difficult to balance receiving shield when you receive a pass - the ability to shield alone makes the ball carrier significantly stronger than in 2kx. I think it could be balanced as follows:

1) all players start with no shield when acquiring the ball (by any means)
                              2) the shield charges at a certain rate (this could replace the health recharge feature)
                              3) the shield operates like the 2kx shield, i.e. slow drain when activated, large drain when absorbing damage
                              4) throwing/passing the ball no longer requires any charge

The shield could also be used for jumping assist for a certain cost of charge.

I'm only ruling out lock passing temporary because of the coding involved (which seems a bit hard). My thinking was that adding an extra layer of choices and possibilities of complex strategies by introducing the shield and increasing the ball's speed would require new skills, easy to grasp, hard to master (which I consider to be close to ideal). In this context, adding lock passing would only make things easier.

Again, I am open to alternatives.
                              For new players, catching the ball in mid air (without the lock passing) is quite difficult, and represents a significant barrier to entry. I think it's fine to build the basics without lock passing, but eventually it's worth trying because it benefits both new players (meaning they can participate with minimal training) and experienced players (by increasing the general depth of play).

I meant that not in such a literal way. I was actually referring to the tactical defensive you are talking about. The goal was to prevent people from running off after frags (because it's not a frag-based gametype after all; it's CTF at its roots). Imagine you're a sniper and you want to stay out of combat for as long as possible. You should know that if you don't focus on the enemies engaging your ball carrier and instead focus on whoever is easier to kill, you might be responsible for a loss.
                              OK, I understand. BR in 2kx was much less frag-based than CTF, with any player simply chasing frags giving a small fraction of their potential contribution to their team.

My concept of ideal would be a team always trying to protect the carrier (not necessarily being 1 meter away from him, creating a spam magnet) so he reaches the enemy base with enough ammo to score; if he can't, then it's most likely because of poor teamplay. In both 2k3 and 2k4, passing or not, there was still very little you could do with the ball.
                              Although the two games are very different, I think one of the attractive features of BR in both 2k3 and 2k4 was how much you could do with the ball!

2k3
                              Self-passing (2k3 was all about self passing)
                              • Simple version (throw ball, then translocate after it).
                              • Self passing with rebound (rebound the ball off wall/object/goal frame so you can catch it while it's still in the air).
                              • Advanced self passing (throw trans first, then the ball to where you will teleport, usually in mid-air).
                              • All of the above, but with added weapon boost on the ball (often shock or flak). Particularly used with advanced self-passing.

Ball boosting (shoot the ball with a weapon after firing it to change its velocity)
                              • long 3-pointers
                              • deflecting opponents' shots

Ball running
                              • finding optimal routes through map to advance the ball as quickly as possible, taking advantage of all movement mechanics

Team-passing
                              • not used much in 2k3 due to difficulty in notifying receiver the pass is coming and difficulty receiving the ball while advancing (since it comes from behind you).

2k4
                              Team-passing
                              • With team-passing, when you're in possession of the ball you're basically like the quarterback in NFL. You dictate the whole play by selecting the best pass and timing it to perfection.
                              • Angle the pass to curl the ball around obstacles
                              • Skilled opposition can translocate to intercept the pass mid-air, or shoot it down. Ball carrier has to judge the pass to avoid all of this.

Ball boosting (shoot the ball with a weapon after firing it to change its velocity)
                              • as 2k3, with added importance of being able to shoot down lock passes

Self-passing (this was much reduced compared to 2k3 due to the translocator charges being drained after throwing the ball)
                              • Simple version (throw ball, then shield jump after it).
                              • Self passing with rebound (shield dodge to catch it while it's still in the air).

Receiving
                              • "pulling" the lock pass around obstacles (using the translocator to lead the ball, potentially around several corners)
                              • shield jump at instant of receiving the ball for an extra boost

Ball running
                              • finding optimal routes through map, both to advance the ball and to open up passing opportunities

Last edited by j; 05-11-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X