Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Last Man Standing

Objective:

The final release of LMS will provide 2 forms of the GameMode, with separate, configurable features (in-game or inside a .ini file) for each of them:

1. Classic: Players start with a pool of lives; when they run out of lives, they enter a spectator mode.
    - Configurable variables: NumberOfLives, DefaultInventory, AllowPickups, EnableCustomPickups.

2. Arena: Players have 1 life per round. A round ends either when there is only one player left alive (the player gets a point) or when no players are left alive (draw situation, no scoring).
    - Configurable variables: NumberOfRounds, RoundHasOvertime, OvertimeDamage, DefaultInventory, AllowPickups, EnableCustomPickups.

NOTE: In the Arena form, modifying DefaultInventory and AllowPickups can result in a simple round-based DM or a GameMode similar to UT2004's ArenaMaster or various other setups.

Current functionality:

- Playable only as Arena;
    - Variables cannot be set inside a .ini file;

Version 1.1:

- Added spawning algorithm (players spawn trying to keep equal distances among them)
    - Simpler code;
    - Fixed a few bugs with the announcers and spectating system;
    - Removed a limitation regarding the DefaultInventory;
    - Built-in mutator: AllWeapons;

Version 1.0:

- Basic functionality for the
    Arena version;

Future functionality:

- Custom scoreboard and stats (artistic help from community is more than welcomed)
    - BrightSkins
    - HitSounds
    - Round timer
    - Round overtime (which drains health);

[SPECIAL THANKS]:

1. Devs & Community - Various people helped me solve various elementary, yet crucial issues.
    2. Community Ambassador Raxxy - Manages the implementation of the GameMode on his custom hubs.
    3. FrostbyteGR -
    After version 1.0, various parts of the code were adapted in collaboration with him. Be sure to check out his FreezeTag (FREON) GameMode.
    4. Phoenix Clan | [PHX] - (www.phoenix-4ever.de) - They had the first servers up and running and always up to date with my custom GameModes.
    Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 06-11-2015, 01:44 PM. Reason: Update

There is already a guy working on this mode, called Unreal Arena, you 2 should get in touch and maybe you could code stuff faster :P

Comment

To be completely honest with you, I am that guy.

But let's keep that between you and I )
      Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 05-18-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
        To be completely honest with you, I am that guy.

But let's keep that between you and I )
        haha, I didn't even look. Btw, why you change name from unreal arena now to last man standing? instead just TAM? its well known in ut2004 and ut3 as TAM!

Comment

Last Man Standing is a different gametype from Unreal Arena / TAM.

Nice work Vlad, looking forward to trying this out sometime.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
            haha, I didn't even look. Btw, why you change name from unreal arena now to last man standing? instead just TAM? its well known in ut2004 and ut3 as TAM!
            I want to package LMS ans LTS into one single file (similar to TAM/FREON in UT2004). So I think it it would be better for them to have similar names, especially since both are esentially based on the same idea.

I have also added support for any number of teams in LTS (not necessarily only 4) and I think Last Team Standing is a far better description, now that we have this feature.

@Wail

Thanks ! I hope you enjoy it !
            Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 05-19-2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Updated to 1.1

Comment

This is what I've been waiting for Thank you for putting your time and effort into it - Question before I start changing my server around - does this support Instagib? If so how do?
                ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
                CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
                , Twitch

Comment

Actually, I don't know yet.

It has a build-in mutator, which I created by following the tutorial on how to create the Instagib Mutator (basically it just changes the DefaultInventory and removes the pickups).

I don't know, if you add the Instagib Mutator, which will get priority. I'm not at home to test right now, but as soon as I can, I will let you know. Maybe, since the new build is just around the corner, I'll remove any built-in mutators and just let it be round-based DM so people don't have any problem with instagib.

NOTE: This version of LMS is similar to ArenaMaster: One lifer per round. Don't waste it!; if you want the old UT2004 LMS, I heard TimEh was giving a shot at creating a pool of lives, but I have no other information right now. I just thought I should remind of the difference.

Comment

That's a bit of a disappointment about the lack of Instagib support at the moment (no slight to the work and effort you've put in thus far).

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
                    NOTE: This version of LMS is similar to ArenaMaster: One lifer per round. Don't waste it!; if you want the old UT2004 LMS, I heard TimEh was giving a shot at creating a pool of lives, but I have no other information right now. I just thought I should remind of the difference.
                    Also, this confuses me. In your initial thread you stated that this LMS is Unreal Tournament's LMS - which I assumed meant UT99:

[CREDITS]: LMS is a remake of Unreal Tournament's LMS. LTS is based on 3SPN's TAM for UT2004.
                    LMS in UT99 was formatted as follows:

- Players start with a set number of lives and kill the other players until there is only one player left with any lives remaining.
                    - All the players who are present at the start of the match as well as a brief period of time once the match starts get to participate for that particular map.

- In weapons, players start with all weapons excluding Redeemer & Translocator & all armor pieces, but no belt & there are no pickups in the map aside from jumpboots.
                    - Instagib enabled spawned you with only a super shock rifle & no map pickups aside from jumpboots.

- Force respawn, enabled.
                    - Feign death results in a suicide.
                    - No mid-game joining; everyone who joins mid-game joins as a spectator until the next map.

I think it would be beneficial to type out the exact rules you've incorporated into this version of Last Man Standing / Last Team Standing.
                    Last edited by Trinatek; 05-25-2015, 07:36 PM.
                    , Twitch

Comment

Updaded the [CREDITS] section of the original post, I hope this clarifies things for you.

Comment

It does. Though I still don't see any good reason as to why to not include every feature and/or element of this game type, in the thread for those who are curious as to what the actual rules of the game are - those of which whom also might not have any idea as to how LMS has worked in the past for the previous Unreal Tournaments.
                        , Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Trinatek View Post
                          It does. Though I still don't see any good reason as to why to not include every feature and/or element of this game type, in the thread for those who are curious as to what the actual rules of the game are - those of which whom also might not have any idea as to how LMS has worked in the past for the previous Unreal Tournaments.
                          You are right. The plan is to include everything (rule, feature, mutator etc) and end up with a .zip similar to TAM/Freon. Simply put, in the end, LMS / LTS will be a very professional prototype.

There are, in fact, a few good reasons as to why it's not easy for me to keep up with every demand: I've never worked in any UE version until the end of April 2015 (a month ago, check my join date) so I have a lot to learn; I'm a 3rd year student and my finals just began so, for two weeks, expect less work; and finally, my main focus is LTS until I get it to a better shape.

I made this LMS prototype because it was simple to adapt the LTS code and I wished for players to have access to it as soon as possible. Right now, although its not polished, I consider LMS very playable.

Comment

I tried to reply once, but I don't think it went through. That said, I am very happy that LMS is being worked on and re-created. However, I'm really confused by the one life thing. As someone who extensively played LMS in the original, I don't see how that would work in a fun way. Why not allow for the game creator to set the number of lives each player will have (I am pretty sure 10 was standard)?

Comment

Updated various information in the original post.

Comment

Working...
                              X