Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Man Standing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Updated the link with the latest files, working with the 9/16 update.

    Comment


      #17
      Just wanted to add that the FriendlyFire mutator doesn't work.
      Whether it's added or not, there's friendly fire and you can kill your teammates and do damage to them.

      Other than that, great game mode!

      Comment


        #18
        Yes, the mutator is "overriden" within the GameMode itself for now. That's the way I wanted the mod to be played (temporarily).

        Ideally, I will find a way to expose the FF variable as along with ReverseFF as an option (e.g. "?mutator=....?FF=0.5?ReverseFF=0.5)

        Thank you for noticing and appreciating this GameMode!

        Comment


          #19
          Update incoming.

          Comment


            #20
            Up and running on UnrealPrime, Phoenix and UT4.eu hubs. Have fun!

            WARNING: The original post is deprecated and inaccurate to the current goals and progress and will be updated soon.

            NOTE: This hasn't been as thoroughly tested as LTS. I do not guarantee the total lack of game-breaking bugs. If you encounter one, please let me know!
            Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 03-07-2016, 02:56 AM.

            Comment


              #21
              I have only briefly messed with it, but here are 2 things I noticed right away:

              1) The goal score applies to frags instead of rounds or lives or something like that. Is this by design, a bug, or a limitation?
              2) Lets say it's a 4 player game: You frag one person, then get killed. If the person that killed you then proceeds to suicide (acid, lava, whatever) they lose a frag and there's one person left over. That actually leads to you winning the round despite not being the last man standing. The Last Man Standing announcer even plays for you. This is fairly unlikely to occur, but it did happen to me in a game with 3 bots lol.

              Both of those could be solved if there's a way to use winning rounds as the actual score rather than frags. Perhaps you could piggy back on the CTF scoring system for this functionality even though it isn't a team game (assuming tools aren't available for creating your own). I don't know just throwing something random out there lol.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Podosniper View Post
                I have only briefly messed with it, but here are 2 things I noticed right away:

                1) The goal score applies to frags instead of rounds or lives or something like that. Is this by design, a bug, or a limitation?
                2) Lets say it's a 4 player game: You frag one person, then get killed. If the person that killed you then proceeds to suicide (acid, lava, whatever) they lose a frag and there's one person left over. That actually leads to you winning the round despite not being the last man standing. The Last Man Standing announcer even plays for you. This is fairly unlikely to occur, but it did happen to me in a game with 3 bots lol.

                Both of those could be solved if there's a way to use winning rounds as the actual score rather than frags. Perhaps you could piggy back on the CTF scoring system for this functionality even though it isn't a team game (assuming tools aren't available for creating your own). I don't know just throwing something random out there lol.
                Using the CTFGameMode as parent would be a bad idea. It would introduce half-time, and that mechanic is also prone to crash the game, if it's not played on a CTF map.
                1) Can be solved by overriding CheckScore() and denying it's ability to end the game. Then whenever the scoring functions are called (where vlad increases the team-score), he can make a custom CheckScore to determine whether the game should end or not. These in turn can be used with the IsThereAWinner() override, for proper overtime handling.
                2) Can be solved with a latent CheckTeam function, which can get called 0.1 seconds after each ScoreKill(). This also needs a semaphore so the 0.1 seconds will not be extended on consecutive kills (if the timer is not active, activate it. otherwise do nothing). This will allow the check to execute 6 ticks later, having a small leeway for damage/kills that happen virtually at the same time (but otherwise 1-2 ticks apart).

                Knowing vlad he will most likelly figure out way better ways to do these, but I figure it's best to leave some notes to get him started.
                Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 03-15-2016, 01:56 PM.
                > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hi Vlad. My freind noticed a team switch bug in the Last Team Standing mod. When you switch team while there is the count down for the next round, he get killed. Here it is:



                  regards
                  scientistpac logo animation | Reign of blood [Frag movie] | scientistpac Twitch | scientistpac Youtube Channel |

                  UnrealPUGs trailer | UnrealPUGs Facebook | UnrealPUGs Twitter | UnrealPUGs Website | UnrealPUGs Youtube |

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by scientistpac View Post
                    Hi Vlad. My freind noticed a team switch bug in the Last Team Standing mod. When you switch team while there is the count down for the next round, he get killed. Here it is:



                    regards

                    Ehm... Close enough, but wrong thread: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...(Next-TAM-BTA)

                    Players get killed when they switch team by the game itself (Epic's intended behaviour). I left a reply in the bug report thread asking why you think this shouldn't be intended. I might try to change it.

                    Comment


                      #26
                      So glad LMS is making a come back. It is my favourite game mode from UT99. 15-30 lives, the last two players alive have an 'Arena' face off.

                      Can you tell us whether custom mutators can/will be added e.g. Instagib?


                      Great work though cheers.

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Ok but where is it? A year and a half later and I can't find a classic LMS mutator anywhere.

                        Comment


                          #28
                          Originally posted by HonoredMule View Post
                          Ok but where is it? A year and a half later and I can't find a classic LMS mutator anywhere.
                          You will find the new mode Elimination here: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ed-11-11-2016)

                          Comment


                            #29
                            I'm aware of Elimination. It is nice (at least if you're a high-skilled player), but not last man standing nor a remotely suitable replacement for it.

                            Last man standing exchanges a frag quota for a life quota, disables join in progress, and (optionally) removes pickups/fully equips you instead - nothing else. No round-based nonsense and not (necessarily) team based at all. It's a game mode that's frantic and fast-paced, yet appropriately punishes players with kamikaze-inspired frag-collecting skills. It is NOT a game mode that rewards less-skilled players with frequent bouts of twiddling their thumbs while their betters get to play and practice. It's also not a game mode that requires players to frequent the activity hotspots where the game's many failings in current state shine through the most, nor one that counteracts strategic positioning and negates attrition.

                            Elimination is about as relevant to LMS as Counterstrike is to Quake. I don't begrudge Elimination for what it is, but I do wonder why comprehensive game modes like it get made while the simpler UT classics don't - particularly when the original intent included the latter.
                            Last edited by HonoredMule; 12-29-2016, 11:48 PM.

                            Comment


                              #30
                              Anyone know if there's another LMS mod available for UT4 somewhere? I noticed the original author of this mod is now banned from these forums.
                              www.Area51Gaming.com
                              UT99 | TacOps | CS:GO

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X