King Maker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Maker?

I bet someone already noticed that there's a new gametype in this latest build. I don't know if it was announced during a stream, so I was surprised when I saw it.

It's called King Maker, and it sort of looks like a mix of UT2004's Mutant with Halo's Oddball.

-First Blood gets crowned as the new king.
    -It's everyone else against the king.
    -When the king dies, he drops his crown.
    -Whoever picks up the crown becomes the new king.
    -Like in DM, you score by fragging.
    -Friendly Fire (non-king hits non-king) makes a small U-coin spawn, but for now it apparently has no use.

A found a couple of issues (it's an early version anyway, but I'd like to point them out):
    -The only way to know who's the king is by paying attention to the latest coronation (There's no indication at the scoreboard) and aiming at everyone until you find the king. (There's no icon like the CTF flags)
    -Where the actual hell are the weapon spawns?

Well, I found it interesting because a few days ago, I suggested two similar gametypes, Ghoul (Basically Mutant with another name) and King's Crown (Basically Oddball), and so, I'd like to make a few suggestions to King Maker:

-Please tell me King Maker is a temporary name. Maybe change it to King's Crown, Cursed Crown, or even *laughs* Guilty Crown.
    -Make a team variant of it. The King's already on his own without any advantages.
    -My King's Crown suggestion had the "hill" from KOTH maps as a spawn for the Crown, I think you could add it to KM. I don't know if you'll want to keep the "First Blood, First King" rule, though.
    -In Oddball, as long as you hold the skull, you keep scoring. If you really won't give the King an advantage of sorts, you could use this rule so that the King can avoid direct combat.
    -Add some varied features to it, like, I dunno, "Execution" or "Exile": During the same rule, if the King kills someone 3 times, this player automatically loses (or can't respawn until the next coronation)
    Last edited by Thiago_YH; 05-29-2015, 01:50 AM.

And here I thought it was just completely broken. Using that gametype resulted in a very funny scene I'll show a vid of here later.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

That game mode of "King Maker" doesn't make much sense, and also, there are no weapons to pick up in that mode (unless you are king), it's so tedious. Maybe it's better to re-call it Mutant.

Comment

King Maker is a quick test game type I made to work on the loadout code. I wouldn't take it seriously. See more about it in this post:
        https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...d-to-elaborate

Comment

Yea.. King Maker isn't really for people to play. You can mess with it but don't expect much.

Comment

hmmmmm
            Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X