No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it's a bit too arrogant for me to ask, plus I'm a newb here, I still want to ask one question: is there any chance that 'default' UT2004 Assault maps make their way here? Specifically, AS-Mothership and AS-RobotFactory. I agree that AS-Junkyard is a bit 'meh' in its own way.
    ShadowDweller is here. @}->--

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDweller View Post
      While it's a bit too arrogant for me to ask, plus I'm a newb here, I still want to ask one question: is there any chance that 'default' UT2004 Assault maps make their way here? Specifically, AS-Mothership and AS-RobotFactory. I agree that AS-Junkyard is a bit 'meh' in its own way.
      With sufficient interest and work anything is possible. Main thing is that if you want to see certain things done the only way to ensure they actually get done is to work on them yourself.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Everything is possible. It's up to mapmakers what they make with the gametype. To be honest at the moment the UT4 Assault community has a lot of old UT99 assault players, but also a few totally newcomers. But i haven't seen many coming from ut2k4.

What you can do is, spread the word to your ut friends that Assault is in progress for ut4 and/or get yourself into mapping.

Also follow us on facebook (it's the fastest way for news) and join our irc channel listed in my signature.
        Last edited by fatJeff; 12-23-2015, 05:00 AM.
        UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
        UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
        UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Trying to log in to the server. For some reason I dont have any crosshair in game. Any1 know what might be wrong? Also I can not access menus by pressing Escape-button (I have to exit through console) weird.

Comment

Yes known problem. Everytime a new version comes out, you have to delete all downloaded old paks inside your document\unrealtournament... folder

I really hope epic will fix this as soon as possible. Annoying issue :-/
            UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Here's another weird thing. Whichever of the two assault servers i try to join i end up in the same server (the one with golgo2). Like the join-buttons are both pointing at the same server..?

Perhaps its just someone fiddling with it atm but i thought id write here just to be sure.

Comment

Hi all, apologies for the quietness, I've been moving to my new house and didn't have internet. Big update coming soon, with newbie-friendly features and a new objective type!

Comment

Also! Look for a special announcement this Sunday that you ABSOLUTELY want to be clued into!

Comment

If I may speculate, I guess it must be an announcement that Epic is going to incorporate your work into the official build and start supporting it very soon in the future (not this upcoming build probably but possibly the next perhaps). :P

This UT definitely needs a coop kind of gametype where you try to reach objective goals as a team and Assault fills that perfectly. Assault also works great as a spectator gametype IMO since it's always easier when there's objectives the game focuses around which creates these interesting choke points where you can focus the camera on as well as seeing multiple choices of strategies in order to achieve it.
                    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 01-21-2016, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Also looking forward. This will definitely bring fresh wind into the Assault gamemode

:-x
                      UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                        If I may speculate, I guess it must be an announcement that Epic is going to incorporate your work into the official build and start supporting it very soon in the future (not this upcoming build probably but possibly the next perhaps). :P

This UT definitely needs a coop kind of gametype where you try to reach objective goals as a team and Assault fills that perfectly. Assault also works great as a spectator gametype IMO since it's always easier when there's objectives the game focuses around which creates these interesting choke points where you can focus the camera on as well as seeing multiple choices of strategies in order to achieve it.

OK sadly not this, but still some good stuff to get excited about ok :P

Comment

We will be launching our first sponsored cup alongside a new build of the Assault gametype and the revamped Assault website! Features include:

- New (newbie-friendly!) maps
                          - A new objective type, Zone
                          - A guide-to-objective function to help learn the map
                          - UI and sound enhancements
                          - Updates to current maps
                          - Bug-fixes and code efficiency improvements

Cup winners will receive US$100 each while the runners up US$25 each. This cup may run bi-monthly so best to start building your teams and practicing now!

This promotional cup is supported by our IRC channel, #ut.assault on irc.globalgamers.net - for information on signs as well as to start the cup running, please visit us and hang around there!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Urgamanix; 01-25-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

$500 Pot is incredible man Don't wait guys... go practise some assault !!!!

For updates also follow us on our official UTAssault-Fb-site and on our irc-channel.
                            UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Should be able to, need to check dependencies with the other classes but don't forsee any problem.

Comment

Hello! I can't seem to find any assault games in the server browser. I have 'hide unresponsive servers' unchecked but the only one showing up is 'Bamses Assault Test' which is private. Is there anywhere I can download the maps for offline play? I'm a UT99 assaulter and love that it's being revived! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X