No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi main element! Im busy finalising Assault for version 3.0, that includes a lot of the feedback Epic has provided, along with a ton of other improvements.

Unfortunately as a custom gametype we need to rebuild all the maps as the new build caused some errors.

Im busy testing and I should have a new version complete in the next day or two. I really also need epic to release a new build that fixes map compression and file-sizes. All in all we are close to getting back up and running; come idle on irc.globalgamers.net #ut.assault where i give daily updates

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the reply. I figured it had something to do with the new update. I'll keep an eye on the IRC for updates.

Comment

90% of Urgas dev time on Assault so far was spent recompiling maps after each new version of:
        -UT4
        -AS
        -the individual maps

Comment

Originally posted by Urgamanix View Post
          Hi main element! Im busy finalising Assault for version 3.0, that includes a lot of the feedback Epic has provided, along with a ton of other improvements.

Unfortunately as a custom gametype we need to rebuild all the maps as the new build caused some errors.

Im busy testing and I should have a new version complete in the next day or two. I really also need epic to release a new build that fixes map compression and file-sizes. All in all we are close to getting back up and running; come idle on irc.globalgamers.net #ut.assault where i give daily updates
          It's good that Epic have been communicating with you. I am hoping that Epic allows the best community mods into the core game, e.g. Assault, LTS and ChaosUT. That includes being in nthe menus, server filters, etc.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Hi all! We're into the final days of Assault 3.0 development, and I have been releasing new builds almost daily to the servers. We are now into public testing, so when you have time come play AS-Rook on our Assault Test HUB. There's a ton of new features, including some newbie-friendly functionality that will help you quickly learn the maps while you play. We will slowly be releasing new versions of all the maps we had in v2 and a few new newbie-friendly maps on top .

Once I've finalised version 3 and all the maps are updated without problems, we will be launching our periodic $500 Assault cup tournament!

Comment

Assault version 3.0 has been released! Here's the changelog for those have asked:

Gameplay
              - Added a new zone-style objective (stay in the Zone x seconds, more players speeds up the time reminaing). Note that map makers will need to make maps to include this objective type!
              - Added guidelines for newbies on offense! The guideline always leads to the next critical objective. You will be able to turn these off if desired in 3.1.
              - All objectives now have their own announcements, similar to UT2k4. The announcements change on whether you're attacking or defending, and remind you of your next objective every minute.

HUD
              - Added text that informs players of their next objective, whether attacking or defending.
              - Made the objective markers easier to see for newbies and improved the visuals. 3.1 will provide even more modern visuals and different markers based on objective type!
              - Non-critical objectives that are available will now be shown alongside their critical counterparts.

Efficiency & Bug Fixes
              - Overall code optimization, Assault now runs extremely smoothly!
              - Fixed the dreaded half-time crash bug!
              - Added placeholders for the scoreboard "plays" and "player detail" pages - these will be finished in 3.1

With the 3.0 release we are busy updating all of our maps, which have also received heavily improved visuals and tweaks for faster, more dynamic game-play. We've also made several maps much more friendly for beginners. Now we'll be preparing to set up the prize cup advertised earlier. Thanks to the whole team for their continual support.

Comment

Our hubserver is also back again and running very smoothly with the new version. Go and play some public or pickup matches with us Remember there will be a cup with a big pot as well in the near future.

[ASSAULT] EU HUB - utassault.net

UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
                UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
                UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Hey guys I finally connected to the server the other day and played around in Rook and HiSpeed. Rook is looking very nice! I like the modest changes, like getting rid of the big library door that would always get spammed and adding the columns in the final run. It feels very true to the original with more space for new moves. I miss the ripper but alas that is an Epic decision for the moment. (hope it comes back)

HiSpeed is nice too. It feels very big, but I'm not sure how it plays as the server was empty.

Anyway I tried to get on today and was prompted to re-download the maps. After downloading, I connected briefly then saw 'connection lost'. So I deleted the .paks and re-downloaded, but am still getting the same error. I will try again later tonight. What's the best way to download the maps? Download all content in the hub? Or just connect from the server browser and let it happen automatically?

Comment

I can't seem to find the Assault server/hub. Is it still up? There is a bug in this build where you don't see certain hubs sometimes but I checked several times and still can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                      I can't seem to find the Assault server/hub. Is it still up? There is a bug in this build where you don't see certain hubs sometimes but I checked several times and still can't find it.
                      It should be up! I will check when I get home. Right now we only have the three maps, but we're working on getting the rest back up in the next day or two. Unfortunately I might need to release 3.1 sooner rather than later, as I forgot to re-add my impact hammer code to the release -_-

Comment

I had a go last night with 3-4 other players. Some of the maps like Overlord(?) just felt like a spawn camp - to the point where I stopped fighting to let them get out a bit.

Another one where you made gradual steps forward was hard work to get through (but I guess that's the aim). It felt like we needed more players but then I'd be concerned that the very tight gaps would be very spam filled (Not that UT99's assault wasn't!)

Rook (Escape map) was good. That one felt tight to get through and running the final escape was quite exciting - however, it did crash on the changeover.

The interface was much better than when I had a quick play a few months ago. The sparkle trails and targets definitely helped to work out where to go.

Overall, it looks like you've all done a great job and a lot of content. I think I need to try it again with a more populated server to get a proper feel for the game. The ones I played weren't balanced so it doesn't give a fair reflection.
                        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

True, guys you should remake dm-Overlord. It's too narrow and spammy map

Comment

Thanks for your feedback both. Overlord and Guardia are THE two 'follow this corridor' maps, and are up first simply because they are the easiest to set up and get going. Also, these maps are more for beginners - most of the UT99 Assaulters cut their teeth on Guardia.

Guardia I feel is balanced REALLY well right now, simply because as Smurgl mentioned, it is a map where the defenders are slowly pushed back, with usually a really tense final section. This happens even in 6v6 - it is still the 'spammy' map, but much less so than UT99.

Overlord is one of BloodK1ngs latest maps and still needs balancing. Right now I feel the defenders are too strong, especially the recovery time back to boiler room is very short. We will surely do some rebalancing on this (remember you can team hammerlaunch through the gun window!). 2nd half is much better (P.S if you think Overlord is too narrow, you should see the UT99 version!).

Finally, Rook is in a good place - even without the hammer launch possibilities, it is easier to attack than it used to be. My only concern is the final corridor and the ability for defenders to spam primary pulse to attackers reaching final - it is EPIC when you kill an attacker 2cm away from final, but feels a bit cheap. Will see how it turns out.

Hope you guys keep providing feedback and continue to join! We have more open maps coming back very soon!

Comment

A quick replay on map Guardia, played 1v1 just to test the new version 3.0 Assault Mod
                              Online nickname: Ba]V[sE or iBamzz
                              [*.se] Starsofsweden
                              Oldschool UT99 Player Since the beginning!

You Tube Channel: UT 4 Gameplay HD 60 FPS

Adrenaline - UT4 Fragmovie, 2015-06-26 2:07min NEW!!!

Comment

I have a list of old school maps (that we used to play in some private servers). I can make a list if you guys are interested
                                (I watched some videos on bamz channel on youtube; GREAT THUMBS UP to everybody involved in this)

Comment

Working...
                                X