No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, i can't find any assault hubs in game. Is there some things i need to do so to play assault?

Comment

Urgamanix is working on a new version 3.1 to fix some bugs and new features, until then we dont have any servers up. Plz be patient and it will soon come a new fresh version. Then we will have both HUB and dedicated assault server up running 24/7 and start a cup
      Online nickname: Ba]V[sE or iBamzz
      [*.se] Starsofsweden
      Oldschool UT99 Player Since the beginning!

You Tube Channel: UT 4 Gameplay HD 60 FPS

Adrenaline - UT4 Fragmovie, 2015-06-26 2:07min NEW!!!

Comment

- Hammer launching has been fixed!
        - The team stats page of the scoreboard has been added! (some stats require Epic BP update)
        - Improvements for map-makers to make Assault maps
        - We're busy recooking maps and then preparing for the Assault cup!
        Attached Files

Comment

Pickupgame in about 2 hours (20GMT, 21 CET).

Download the maps here before : https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ssault-Mappack !!!! (put into your DownloadedPak folder)

For all those interested in the new Assault version release join us today @ irc.globalgamers.net #ut.assault.
          Last edited by fatJeff; 03-07-2016, 03:39 PM.
          UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
          UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
          UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Good news: Our main Assault HUB is now trusted! We've already been seeing more activity on the HUB, come play! We're busy setting up our website to start cup registration, stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Cypress187 View Post
              I can map and 3d model, shall i make a brand new map or you want me to resurrect an old one first? (would like maybe to do rook mazon frigate or another small map), is there a (map)-list so we know we don't have 2 mappers doing the same map?
              AS-OceanFloor pls DDD

Comment

I also played the recent update the other day during a pug and public with 16-20 players. My impression is that there are now loads of maps that are well evolved or finished, the game mode runs way more smoothly than a few months ago. I couldnt find a single bug in the game mode. New maps start to appear now beside the remakes. At this point though, the remakes (including the much needed improvements) play out more balanced and more mature than the new WIP maps. The publics mainly rely on the easy to follow maps, where as there are several more maps on the advanced hub ( i think ).

Launching is not typiccally used in the publics, so it is indeed very beginner freindly. The HUD provides visual and announcer guiding to the objectives on the fly. So it is really very easy to get into taking into account. That said I fully expect this game mode to be picked up into the core game sooner or later by epic, so better get familiarized with in already

One thing to consider: DOWNLOADS, maps are fairly larger, but at least now versioning is fixed meaning that you need to download only once per update. that, too, will vanish once the mod goes core. Right now the easiest way is to connect to the trusted Assault HUB and click the blue DOWNLOAD ALL CONTENT button.

Regarding negatives, I have to say that all the weak points have been fixed, no crashes, no oddities anymore. It just play very smoothly.

Comment

Can I play this with bots?

Comment

Hi DeMOiX, not really at the moment, but potential solutions are being looked into for the next release. Will keep you updated!

On other news, if you guys love UT4 and want to do something simple to support the project, please simply join our steam group @ http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ut4assault . Your support is highly appreciated!

Comment

I saw the servers were up today and finally tried out AS, I have to say, you guys did an amazing job overall! The interface, accessibility, and maps are all great. Even on maps I didn't know I could find the next objective pretty easily and the F3 thing gave a good overview. Also the maps look varied and original, I really like it, they have a very UT feel to them as opposed to most Epic's maps.

The only annoyance I found (besides my 200 ping to the server lol) was that the objective markers are often distracting, like if a defender is standing in front of an objective you might not notice them because the marker covers them up. Maybe the markers could be scaled slightly smaller if you look straight towards them?

Comment

Hi Barktooth, thanks for the positive feedback! Good news for you - next release will have a menu where you can seperately turn on or off the guidelines and the obj markers. Hoping to add a scaler also.

Comment

Nice.

Played some UT4 Assault the last two days and it's pretty nice. Sure some things are missing (like turrets and some textures), but overall it's good to see that this gamemode is on ist way up. I experiences something i didnt saw for years. I didnt participate in the UT-Assault community in the last 6 years, but if you need a helping hand for anything give me a shout. i am mediocre at everything (at best), but willing to bring this Project abit further

Comment

Originally posted by Urgamanix View Post
                            Hi Barktooth, thanks for the positive feedback! Good news for you - next release will have a menu where you can seperately turn on or off the guidelines and the obj markers. Hoping to add a scaler also.
                            Cool, looking forward to it!

Comment

I played the last version of assault on the server last saturday evening, enjoyed it really good. I have been busy and offline for the last couple of months, but i noticed an increase in the quality of the game mode and maps. Good Job everyone.

I noticed that with map changes the map/game will hang, I can't use escape to get the menu in front of me, I have to alt+F4 the game and restart. I think that is a known bug but ala
                              I hope I have some more time in the upcoming weeks, but nice job guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Machoman View Post
                                I played the last version of assault on the server last saturday evening, enjoyed it really good. I have been busy and offline for the last couple of months, but i noticed an increase in the quality of the game mode and maps. Good Job everyone.

I noticed that with map changes the map/game will hang, I can't use escape to get the menu in front of me, I have to alt+F4 the game and restart. I think that is a known bug but ala
                                I hope I have some more time in the upcoming weeks, but nice job guys.
                                Thanks for your feedback. Indeed Assault runs now much smoother with version 3 and the maps got polished.

But that bug isn't known and hasn't shown up for any of us, who played Assault. And that are a lot of people now. Are you sure you waited long enough and is it for every map or just on one?
                                UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
                                UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
                                UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Working...
                                X