Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all, who are interested in Assault :

We will have a showmatch 6on6 tomorrow ( Friday 15th 19 GMT / 20 CET ), which will be streamed by cafe.

Get the stream link on:

- #ut.assault on irc.globalgamers.net
    - https://www.facebook.com/UnrealTournament4Assault/
    - Steamgroup -> ut4assault

Attached Files
    Last edited by fatJeff; 04-14-2016, 06:01 PM.
    UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
    UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
    UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

UT 4 Assault Springh Cup 2016 - Signup opened

The time has come .....

This has been long awaited and now the door is open to sign up for our first big 4on4 Assault Cup with a POT, believe it or not, of 500 $ ! (400 $ for the winner, 100 $ for the runner-up)

Sign up your team or add yourself to the free player pool here (sign ups will end on Mai 6th , 16 GMT / 18 CEST ):

How to sign up your team / How to join the free player pool.

Captains have to create an account and a team first on
      challonge.com and than sign it up to the AssaultSpringCup2016 tournament by clicking here ->http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/QDJSNrTwuK Each team member has to create an account on challonge.com as well. Than the captain has to add his members himself. For this go to "teams->select your team->Members"

In case you dont want to be captain of a team and dont have a team to join either but still wanna play, just create an account on
      challonge.com and we can add you to the free player pool. Simply reply here and tell us your challonge-nickname or leave us a request on irc, facebook, steam and provide your challonge-nickname.

Watch this and join us ! :

To be up to date or for further questions, follow us on facebook, join our ut4assault steam group or join us on irc #ut.assault (links below in my sig)

For the Rules check the first post of this thread:
      https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ring-Cup-2016-
      Last edited by Bot-or-What; 04-20-2016, 01:16 AM.
      Sebastian aka Hank / ]-[ank / Bot-or-What / ChatterX

UT4 Assault: Resurgence - Assistance (Server hosting / Map creation)
      Main Thread | Discord | UTA Steam Group | Website | Facebook
      Check out UT4 Assault
      Please support the UT Assault mode - JOIN our Discord Channel https://discord.gg/H4rYnUW - THANK YOU!

For questions regarding UT Assault Server hosting, feel free to ask

Comment

I hope this gamemode will become official, including all the maps created until now.

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Great trailer, and yes I will be there. This game mode should be in de core game of UT4. It has been made with such passion thanks to the admins/developers of this game mode GJ!

Comment

Originally posted by fatJeff View Post
            Thanks for your feedback. Indeed Assault runs now much smoother with version 3 and the maps got polished.

But that bug isn't known and hasn't shown up for any of us, who played Assault. And that are a lot of people now. Are you sure you waited long enough and is it for every map or just on one?
            It could be that I was impatient, I played some games yesterday and I didn't get this bug. If it happens again I will let you guys know on trello

Comment

Here is moderated cast of the recent 6v6 showcase game:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toCIK0sJwE0

Might help some of you get affiliated with the gamemode in preparation of the cup

Comment

Originally posted by unsobor View Post
                Here is moderated cast of the recent 6v6 showcase game:

Thank you for posting this unsobor. Epic if you see this, please watch it That was an intense, amazing and close showcase !

The matchreport of this game:

So both teams brought up their best players and you could notice that every side took this match really serious. There was a lot of smack talk before the match and both captains were heating their players up.The first map "AS-Frigate" was like a Blitzkrieg. The allstars overrun the admins with a tactic, Team Admins wasn't apparently expecting. That was a big shock and it seemed like the "blues" were way superior. Target, Farac Diesel and Oldstyle showed here why they are Allstars. So the standing was 1-0 before the commentators even could explain the objectives of the map. (0-1)

AS-Riverbed was the second map.

The Admins seemed to be less impressed and now started to play. They secured the tunnels for quite a while and had an average defending time on this map. On the attack it was fat Jeff's moment of the game, who passed the tunnels low on health directly after generator was gone. This brought the admins on the winners side. ( 1-1)

From now on the tide has turned.

Like expected in AS-Guardia it was a spamfestival, with the better end for team Admins. They managed to full defend this map with a great performance of our newcomer Anzu and they had the luck on their side winning it with 1 second remaining on the clock. ( 2-1 )

On AS-Ballistic the show continued.

The allstars used everything of their assault trickpocket and pushed the admins way back to the generator. Banshee, Farac, MeetYourNany were not to stop here....almost... - But there was a guy called ]-[ank in the generator room. With a dominating spree, he destroyed every try of the attackers to blow the generator up.
                But captain Target of the Allstars had a plan B... If you can't get the generator, why not skipping it and go directly for the Warhead Loader?! And so it was Target's show, who was acting very clever to go for this and silently made his way to the warhead loader shreddering ]-[ank with his flak cannon, focused on the way to not fail on this try.
                The Allstars so still had a fast attack and this map turned out to be attacked in a great time.

But team admins had some great fragpower on their Ballistic-attack. Foremost Lw)lf and iBamz were not to stop on their pushing. So the generator was gone and there were about 2 minutes left to get warhead loader and the end objectives. With the first attacking wave, the warhead loader was gone and with again only 25 seconds before the time was over, the pressure was too high and Bloodk1ng, who made this map, won the map for his team. (3-1)

So for AS-Nemphis the admins had a "matchball" ( and what a matchball it was....)

It was all or nothing now for the Allstars. They showed all their skills and power and completed Nemphis in just 1 minute and 54 seconds.
                So this seemed to be an easy win for the allstars. But if you thought so, you didn't have Spitter on your list. This was probably the turning point of the match. The Admins didn't do much worse on the first part of Nemphis but only had 19 seconds left for the last objective. Usually not to make it in this time. But the master of sneaking "Spitter" didn't give up and surprised probably every defender/attacker/viewer and commentator when he came out of nowhere and was standing 1 inch infront of the last trigger, before the clock showed 0:00. A close but deserved win for the Allstars. (3-2)

The winstreak for Target's team followed in Autorip. This map was clearly won by the Allstars and so they managed to fight back to 3-3.

The decision thriller on AS-Lavafort.

So on this map the Allstars managed to conquer the fort in 1:35. Target made his way through the defenders spawn and couldn't be stopped by any of the defenders. The admins tried everything on their attack to decide this match for them. Rocketjumping over the wall, hammerlaunching and shoot the hell out of their minigun. But the Allstars wouldn't be Allstars if it would be that easy to overrun them. So they build up a solid defend for the last objective and saved this map and the match !

The end result was 3:4. Congratulation to the Allstars!

The match was so close, it couldn't be closer. So our viewers wanted an encore.

What they saw was the most funniest part of the whole match. AS-Golgotha2. Watch the 50 second clip below yourself. I won't comment a word on this. xD

Notes:

Team Allstars: Target, Oldstyle, Temper, Banshee, ******, Skullsquasher, Farac Diesel,
                Team Admins : ]-[ank, FatJeff, iBamz, Bloodk1ng, Spitter, Lw)lf, Anzu

Commentators: Cafe, Urgamanix

Thanks to Spitter, Lw)lF and Anzu for being "admins for a night" „grin“-Emoticon
                Thanks to Target and his team for giving us an amazing fight, who we definitely won't forget.
                Thanks to cafe and Urgamanix for streaming and promoting this. It seemed like you guys do this every day „grin“-Emoticon Your stream was really really entertaining.
                Thanks to all our supporters and viewers. You guys rock !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIwA9MQjmg
                UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Hey

Please check this out

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ring-Cup-2016-!

First post of this thread (link above) updated with some basic rules/info. More to come soon!
                  Sebastian aka Hank / ]-[ank / Bot-or-What / ChatterX

UT4 Assault: Resurgence - Assistance (Server hosting / Map creation)
                  Main Thread | Discord | UTA Steam Group | Website | Facebook
                  Check out UT4 Assault
                  Please support the UT Assault mode - JOIN our Discord Channel https://discord.gg/H4rYnUW - THANK YOU!

For questions regarding UT Assault Server hosting, feel free to ask

Comment

hi guys,

id like to report some minor issues that should be fixed before the CUP and or bad in general:

1) fix ammo issue. the RL still doesnt accept ammo pick ups. On some maps I even had TWO RL in my inventory... If launching is anyway disabled at the moment, just roll back all RL to standard UT RL.

2) the objective labels are too distracting. I notice this esepcially in lavafort attacking final or overlord attacking final: the black notes occupy the complete screen and the obscure players sniping you from nearby objectives. you you cant shoot back basically. I dont know really how to solve this. Maybe do a CTF kind of minimap and only show the objective indicators when close to the objective. just one suggestion.

3) Map downloads are a non-issue for the cup but are very frustrating to passers by. this is ESPECIALLY BAD IN ASSAULT because maps last shorter on average than ctf or DM maps. I have atm only one idea how to solve this and a couple of other issue in treating assault newbies:
                    When a players first connects to an AS game remind them of a couple of short key things and dont show this popup afterwards (cookie?)
                    OR
                    replace the default LOADING screen with helpful tips about Assault.

its really crucial to download maps beforehand from the HUB to enjoy Assault. otherwise its just frustrating and leaves a bad impression. Ive been there.

Comment

Hey guys. Support us by signing up here Assault 4on4 Cup ! Sign up to the free players pool or even captain a team - Please invite your friends as well !
                      UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Good news for our North American Assault lovers !

Thanks to Weedman, we can now offer you a HUB, hosted in New York as well.

So you guys over there.... practise and sign a team for our 4on4 cup !!!

#UT4.ig & [ASSAULT] - New York

Attached Files
                        UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Trying to download the files from the NY server crashes my game at DM-Broken_r01-WindowsNoEditor

My friend was able to download but then he couldn't launch UT without crashing
                          Last edited by MFG Colour; 05-04-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

No worries MFG Colour, I will check that out for you

Comment

First of all I'd like to say that you guys are doing a great job with this project

I'm new to Assault and checked out the "Assault for Beginners" (Assault Europe HUB), 6 maps were downloaded into Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Paks/DownloadedPaks:
                              • Ballistic
                              • Frigate
                              • Guardia
                              • Nemphis
                              • Overlord
                              • Riverbed

Everything was working, but when I wanted to check out Lavafort
                              it went back to desktop with the message: "We couldn't find the files needed to connect to the server" (or smthg very similar)

And when I go under "Custom" and try to play any of the maps that aren't in the "Assault for Beginners" Map-Selection, they won't download.
                              (I had no older versions of any maps in my folders before joining the HUB today.)

Keep up the great work and the maps look just amazing (from those I saw, Frigate is my fav O.O )
                              Last edited by barsam2a; 05-09-2016, 11:46 PM.
                              WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                              Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Hi.
                                On Which hub ? The US one or One of the European hub ? Have you tried both?
                                UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X