Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm back in business and almost ready for a new major release! Once that is done we will be opening up the servers once more and launching a new pug schedule and cup! Now is a fantastic time to support the game mode and community . More details next week!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Urgamanix View Post
      I'm back in business and almost ready for a new major release! Once that is done we will be opening up the servers once more and launching a new pug schedule and cup! Now is a fantastic time to support the game mode and community . More details next week!

      It's great to have you back sir.

      Comment


        Hey Assault friends, time to try out the Assault mod with us

        Also a streamed showmatch this Sunday with a max of 12 players. 2 spots left to sign up for this. Visit us on discord for more info.



        http://discord.gg/9StXSaj




        sign up : http://bit.ly/2ldJRXi
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fatJeff; 03-02-2017, 07:07 PM.
        UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
        UT4ASSAULT.COM

        Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
        UTA Steam Group | Email me

        Comment


          where can I download this mod? I asked this before long time here with no response.

          Comment


            Originally posted by darksonny View Post
            where can I download this mod? I asked this before long time here with no response.
            Hey darksonny! there's a download link in my mappack thread, thought it was clear enough.
            DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
            Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

            Comment


              Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
              Hey darksonny! there's a download link in my mappack thread, thought it was clear enough.
              Hi matey, by the way I tried to play some of them but I got pulled off with a crash window with your maps? Maybe could be outdated with the new ut build? Thanks for the info!

              Comment


                Originally posted by darksonny View Post
                Hi matey, by the way I tried to play some of them but I got pulled off with a crash window with your maps? Maybe could be outdated with the new ut build? Thanks for the info!
                If you joined our hub last week you may have outdated content in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks ; if you have not mismatch content i'll need more info, when happens the crash for example?
                DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
                  If you joined our hub last week you may have outdated content in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks ; if you have not mismatch content i'll need more info, when happens the crash for example?
                  Hi bloodking what's the exact name of the assault's hub? I need to confirm they have not any mismacthing in your contents, see ya in short!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by darksonny View Post
                    Hi bloodking what's the exact name of the assault's hub? I need to confirm they have not any mismacthing in your contents, see ya in short!
                    Hi darksonny, if you want to, you can join on Discord. You find someone who can assist you with any Assault related issue.
                    https://discord.gg/H4rYnUW


                    PLEASE NOTE: To avoid errors (no HUD, joining the server=not possible) always DELETE OLD ASSAULT MAP PAK FILES in [...]\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\DownloadedPaks, [...]\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks and [...]\Saved\Paks\MyContent (UT must be closed for this)
                    Sebastian aka Hank / ]-[ank / Bot-or-What / ChatterX

                    UT4 Assault: Resurgence - Assistance (Server hosting / Map creation)
                    Main Thread | Discord | UTA Steam Group | Website | Facebook
                    Check out UT4 Assault
                    Please support the UT Assault mode - JOIN our Discord Channel https://discord.gg/H4rYnUW - THANK YOU!

                    For questions regarding UT Assault Server hosting, feel free to ask

                    Comment


                      thanks bot!

                      Comment


                        I downloaded the mappack and ran through the maps solo, realizing that bots aren't there, yet. Impressed and excited is what I was. I loved this mode in UT2004.

                        IMHO this is a gametype that has the potential to pull in players new to the UT experience. DM can be a madhouse for new people. CTF requires some secret insider​ knowledge to perform well. Flag Run is getting there, but is limited by having only one objective: either move flag, or stop flag movement. (Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Flag Run, and Flag Invasion possibly more.)

                        Do you plan to, eventually, run your HUB (and/or servers) public? I think you should, regardless of whether EPIC agrees to make this OFFICIAL. (Which they should. [MENTION=1513]Flak[/MENTION].)

                        In fact, the sooner the better. It would be next to impossible to pull the, "Hey! This is getting boring, let's go play Assault", if a Discord invite is required.
                        No one sees what tomorrow knows.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by darkskyabove View Post
                          I downloaded the mappack and ran through the maps solo, realizing that bots aren't there, yet. Impressed and excited is what I was. I loved this mode in UT2004.

                          IMHO this is a gametype that has the potential to pull in players new to the UT experience. DM can be a madhouse for new people. CTF requires some secret insider​ knowledge to perform well. Flag Run is getting there, but is limited by having only one objective: either move flag, or stop flag movement. (Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Flag Run, and Flag Invasion possibly more.)

                          Do you plan to, eventually, run your HUB (and/or servers) public? I think you should, regardless of whether EPIC agrees to make this OFFICIAL. (Which they should. @Flak.)

                          In fact, the sooner the better. It would be next to impossible to pull the, "Hey! This is getting boring, let's go play Assault", if a Discord invite is required.
                          I strongly agree with you there darkskyabove.

                          Comment


                            I was spectating hub assault server and testing myself offline those maps, I love how is assault being built, congratulations guys I think the meter graphs when you are heading to could be improved with any sort of arrow compass to tell player if you are going in wrong or correct way to get the next target to fullfill. Thanks again!

                            Comment


                              Got questions. What are the current objectives for the development of Assault right now? Is the team working on assault AI for the bots?

                              Also, it seems that there may be a use for the Flag Run mechanics for future Assault maps. For example, the 'flag' could be replace with an object that could be used to blow a door open to reach the next objective or something like that.

                              Just throwing potential ideas here.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by IronWarshark View Post
                                Got questions. What are the current objectives for the development of Assault right now? Is the team working on assault AI for the bots?

                                Also, it seems that there may be a use for the Flag Run mechanics for future Assault maps. For example, the 'flag' could be replace with an object that could be used to blow a door open to reach the next objective or something like that.

                                Just throwing potential ideas here.
                                Ello! As usual there are a ton of things that need to be done, and recently I've been back in 100% work mode on the mod. Your points are appreciated - to give you an idea of where my mind is right now, and to answer your questions:

                                - I plan to do a major release by end of this weekend (delayed by 1 week!). The major release will complete UI fixes (e.g. ensure correct objective messages) and HUD improvements (I'm going for a bit more of a minimalistic HUD with a future option to turn info up for the beginner or info down for the expert). In addition, I want to try to open up the map during warmup (right now all the doors etc. are closed because objectives are disabled) and also put in code to handle team changes (e.g. if you move to defense you still see guidelines and some attacker messages).

                                - After this major release is done, I want to dedicate a week to sitting with BlooDKinG (map hero #1) and tidy up some of the text in the maps and also to try to fix some map-specific bugs (e.g. Bridge). This friend of mine makes insanely good maps but his English can be on the kooky side sometimes! We will also be sourcing music for those maps that don't really have any yet.

                                - After this, and to answer your second question, I will see what is accessible in the BPs related to flag-run and see if I can replace my built code with this functionality. To be honest I haven't played a lot of flag-run, and I don't want big-looking flags throughout Assault maps as for me the maps should look and feel organic, and not big ugly checkpoints all over the place. But I'm sure I can leverage the new-spawn technology and also the flag path markers to some extent. It depends on how much Epic has given me to play with in BPs. Also, it may help me add a new objective type (keep in mind we have "hold-the-zone" and "carry-the-orb" objective types but they are still a bit buggy and haven't been used in maps yet!)

                                - Related to the question of bots - I REALLY want to add bot support to Assault. But right now Epic has provided no ability to customise bot AI or code (and I don't blame them for not focusing on this yet, this would be complex for them to implement). In the past I've tried some "sneaky" ways to get bots moving around (e.g. adding an invisible pickup with importance of "99999999999" right next to a touch objective) but nothing seems to work. The bots also seem to have a problem with doors and walls that blow up - they don't seem to adapt their pathing to understand new routes. Right now if you even try to make a custom bot class in the editor it just melts and crashes. I will try again at some stage but I really need Epic's support on this.

                                - In addition to all the above, the admin team (love you guys!) will continue to foster the Assault community. I'm continually working on the site (ut4assault.com) and we want to get a 5v5 league going but we need player mass. This is where you guys can help - if we can get a small-but-sustainable Assault community playing every so often it would make my life a lot easier. We already had one cup with cash rewards, we will launch another cup soon. Maybe instagib.

                                - I guess at this point I should also mention about Epic themselves. I don't want to sound like a negative-nancy (because I'd like to think I'm usually a positive kinda guy!) but since I came back from the hiatus, the game is much more stable but Epic seem to have gone and hidden themselves in a corner. In order to understand the gaps in my thinking compared to Epic's, or to discuss whether it can be added as a game mode officially, or to fix more of the BP issues I have (I have a reasonable number of workarounds in the code I want to get rid of) I need their support. I don't care about being well-known or whatever - I have two goals. First of all to make the Assault community happy and have fun, and secondly to help Epic with the development of their game. It is difficult to do either with a communication wall.

                                EDIT - at some point I also need to fix my signature image...

                                EDIT 2: some other things I will be doing in future releases: fixing other objective types, pre-match run-throughs (to learn the map), pre-map loading videos, complete scoreboard detail, fixing end-game camera cinematics, vehicles (yes, no?), getting the **** ELO / badges / flags thing to work for assault again (why did Epic break this!), and maybe some sneaky code to always let me win despite 300 ping (note to Epic: just kidding)
                                Last edited by Urgamanix; 02-27-2017, 09:47 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X