No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got questions. What are the current objectives for the development of Assault right now? Is the team working on assault AI for the bots?

Also, it seems that there may be a use for the Flag Run mechanics for future Assault maps. For example, the 'flag' could be replace with an object that could be used to blow a door open to reach the next objective or something like that.

Just throwing potential ideas here.

Comment

Originally posted by IronWarshark View Post
      Got questions. What are the current objectives for the development of Assault right now? Is the team working on assault AI for the bots?

Also, it seems that there may be a use for the Flag Run mechanics for future Assault maps. For example, the 'flag' could be replace with an object that could be used to blow a door open to reach the next objective or something like that.

Just throwing potential ideas here.
      Ello! As usual there are a ton of things that need to be done, and recently I've been back in 100% work mode on the mod. Your points are appreciated - to give you an idea of where my mind is right now, and to answer your questions:

- I plan to do a major release by end of this weekend (delayed by 1 week!). The major release will complete UI fixes (e.g. ensure correct objective messages) and HUD improvements (I'm going for a bit more of a minimalistic HUD with a future option to turn info up for the beginner or info down for the expert). In addition, I want to try to open up the map during warmup (right now all the doors etc. are closed because objectives are disabled) and also put in code to handle team changes (e.g. if you move to defense you still see guidelines and some attacker messages).

- After this major release is done, I want to dedicate a week to sitting with BlooDKinG (map hero #1) and tidy up some of the text in the maps and also to try to fix some map-specific bugs (e.g. Bridge). This friend of mine makes insanely good maps but his English can be on the kooky side sometimes! We will also be sourcing music for those maps that don't really have any yet.

- After this, and to answer your second question, I will see what is accessible in the BPs related to flag-run and see if I can replace my built code with this functionality. To be honest I haven't played a lot of flag-run, and I don't want big-looking flags throughout Assault maps as for me the maps should look and feel organic, and not big ugly checkpoints all over the place. But I'm sure I can leverage the new-spawn technology and also the flag path markers to some extent. It depends on how much Epic has given me to play with in BPs. Also, it may help me add a new objective type (keep in mind we have "hold-the-zone" and "carry-the-orb" objective types but they are still a bit buggy and haven't been used in maps yet!)

- Related to the question of bots - I REALLY want to add bot support to Assault. But right now Epic has provided no ability to customise bot AI or code (and I don't blame them for not focusing on this yet, this would be complex for them to implement). In the past I've tried some "sneaky" ways to get bots moving around (e.g. adding an invisible pickup with importance of "99999999999" right next to a touch objective) but nothing seems to work. The bots also seem to have a problem with doors and walls that blow up - they don't seem to adapt their pathing to understand new routes. Right now if you even try to make a custom bot class in the editor it just melts and crashes. I will try again at some stage but I really need Epic's support on this.

- In addition to all the above, the admin team (love you guys!) will continue to foster the Assault community. I'm continually working on the site (ut4assault.com) and we want to get a 5v5 league going but we need player mass. This is where you guys can help - if we can get a small-but-sustainable Assault community playing every so often it would make my life a lot easier. We already had one cup with cash rewards, we will launch another cup soon. Maybe instagib.

- I guess at this point I should also mention about Epic themselves. I don't want to sound like a negative-nancy (because I'd like to think I'm usually a positive kinda guy!) but since I came back from the hiatus, the game is much more stable but Epic seem to have gone and hidden themselves in a corner. In order to understand the gaps in my thinking compared to Epic's, or to discuss whether it can be added as a game mode officially, or to fix more of the BP issues I have (I have a reasonable number of workarounds in the code I want to get rid of) I need their support. I don't care about being well-known or whatever - I have two goals. First of all to make the Assault community happy and have fun, and secondly to help Epic with the development of their game. It is difficult to do either with a communication wall.

EDIT - at some point I also need to fix my signature image...

EDIT 2: some other things I will be doing in future releases: fixing other objective types, pre-match run-throughs (to learn the map), pre-map loading videos, complete scoreboard detail, fixing end-game camera cinematics, vehicles (yes, no?), getting the **** ELO / badges / flags thing to work for assault again (why did Epic break this!), and maybe some sneaky code to always let me win despite 300 ping (note to Epic: just kidding)
      Last edited by Urgamanix; 02-27-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Double ouch with the communication wall.

Personally I think it's a bit early for vehicles. Turrets however would be welcome.

Comment

ASSAULT v. 4.0 released and now open to the public.

Visit our hubs and play some Assault with us

Attached Files

Comment

Assault v4.0 Released!

- FIXED: Many, many bugs that were introduced during Epic's build updates (i.e. the game is playable again)
            - FIXED: Final cinematic camera
            - FIXED: Objectives are no longer completable during warmup
            - ADDED: Revamped HUD elements that more cleanly demonstrate current map situation and time
            - ADDED: A (currently ugly but more prominent) message when new spawns are available
            - ADDED: A new objective complete box for visibility
            - ADDED: A box telling you whether you are attacking or defending
            - ADDED: Hooked up more scoreboard statistics
            - ADDED: Reintroduced scoreboard badges
            - CHANGED: Removed Assault rocket launcher, hammer is now exclusively used for launching

Any questions? Find me using one of the methods in my signature

Comment

Everyone who is interested, please sign in. No matter if you have a team or you still looking for a partner. More details about the date and rules to follow. Sharing appreciated
              sign in link: https://tinyurl.com/2v2AScup

Comment

Originally posted by Urgamanix View Post
                EDIT 2: some other things I will be doing in future releases: fixing other objective types, pre-match run-throughs (to learn the map), pre-map loading videos, complete scoreboard detail, fixing end-game camera cinematics, vehicles (yes, no?), getting the **** ELO / badges / flags thing to work for assault again (why did Epic break this!), and maybe some sneaky code to always let me win despite 300 ping (note to Epic: just kidding)
                I was able to find a new post for how to create vehicles for unreal engine 4 by none other than [MENTION=6564]PayBack[/MENTION]. This post goes over specifically tank design. With that in mind, perhaps a new assault map should involve trenches sense tanks were originally invented to cross them. The pre-match run-throughs are an absolute must along with fixing the other objective types.

Comment

Hello,
                  I'm an old UT99 player from Assault League. I'm very interested by this UT4.
                  Please, where can I find the Assault Maps ? All the links I've found look dead.
                  Many thanks.
                  ~Athena~

Comment

Best is to join us on discord channel for upcoming news. www.ut4assault.com/discord

We are updating the Assault mod right now and you are lucky, we wanna try a first testrun this weekend. Feel free to join and playtest with us.

Comment

The clock is ticking...

https://tinyurl.com/AssaultHubOpening

+ Assault version 5.0 is ready - major build +

HUB-opening to public: Sun 27th, 15 CEST
                      Don't miss this event.

>> Pre-release for our followers NOW.
                      >> Get the password on www.ut4assault.com/discord

We are proud to let you know, that the work for Assault v. 5.0 has now finished.
                      In this version there are a lot of new features, changes and bug fixes. This has been a lot of work.

>> Check the video below for an insight of the new version and what you can expect.

Donations welcome. For the mod: https://paypal.me/urgamanix
                      To our mapper: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=L79TLBGDKXVBC

Note: the welcome message won't disappear offline. But online it's all fine.

Thanks to Urgamanix and Bloodking and our friends and partners, who always help us. (redirect, testing the mod, hub help, etc... you know, who I mean)

Comment

Hey guys, quick check in from me! We've just had a showmatch and now regularly have multiple 6v6 / 7v7 games on our various HUBs. Next plan for me is to open the Assault league and prepare a new version with almost all of the remaining todos complete, including implementing the rally system for new spawns (instead of suiciding), replays and bots (if possible). As always stay tuned and thank you all for the donations and support!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AS6.0Released.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	394622

It's that time again; I'm releasing a new version of Assault! Here's what has changed in version 6.00:

ADDED:
                          - Rallies! Players have 5 seconds to rally (by pressing their translocator button, Q by default) when new spawns for their team are activated. Currently you will keep your health, armour and weapons
                          - Name of player that completed the objective can now be seen when objective completes

FIXED:
                          - Thank you box now disappears in single player
                          - Red team should now have the correct amount of time (previously they had 2 seconds less than the blue team!)
                          - Scoreboard now shows top scorer, top fragger, top assaulter, top launcher
                          - Objectives should no longer show as "complete" on the left even though they are no longer completed.
                          - Scoreboard: Clan tag is now correctly surrounded by [ and ]
                          - Scoreboard: Player flag is fixed
                          - Scoreboard: Version 1 of the map timeline is finally complete (still WIP, only shows one team at a time)
                          - Scoreboard: Ghost "Miner" no longer appears on the scoreboard
                          - Launches no longer count for score during warmup
                          - Players are once again visible during half-time cinematics
                          - Spectators can now see objective markers

CHANGED:
                          - Hammerlaunch power increased by 4%
                          - Assault Hammer charge reduced from 2.5s to 1.5s

KNOWN ISSUES:
                          - Sometimes rally message appears for defenders during attacker-only rallies
                          - "Completed By" text appears with "You are attacking / defending" messages
                          - Scoreboard: Team kill count stat isn't working
                          - Scoreboard: Some armour count stats aren't working
                          - Doors are still closed during warmup
                          - Bots still don't work
                          - Instagib has all regular weapons
                          - Chat text is a bit smaller than intended

In addition our maps have had some amazing improvements thanks to BloodK1nG, and we are preparing for our League and 2v2 cup launches with fatJeff, Nira, iBamzz and our other contributors! Thanks as always to everyone helping us with UT4 Assault and supporting us! If you enjoy the Assault mod and would like to donate, my donation link is https://paypal.me/urgamanix . If instead you'd like to donate to our map maker BloodK1nG, his link is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=L79TLBGDKXVBC . We don't have a donation link for our community admins yet but I've asked them to create one. Thanks!

Comment

@Urgamanix It's been a long time. However ever since your last update of Nov. 2017, I am not seeing much activity on this. Also your domain of your site has expired, please renew.

Comment

For people trying to download Assault the Base maps/mutators, here are those possible download locations:
                              https://www.unreal-battles.net/ut4assault/
                              https://mega.nz/#F!codDHBKI!n_3iY5mco_Rdc1Si71hUmg
                              https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/collections/23-Assault
                              Last edited by Zocom7; 04-06-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X