No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly I never had the .pak in the first place.... I dunno, I'll try a couple more times next time it's up on the server. But from the video it looks exactly like the good old days in UT99 :')
    AS-Guardia is working very very well and I'm really impressed with the work, if there's anything I can do to help count me in, I really wanna see this flourish properly <3
    "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
    "No, why."
    "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

Hi everyone! I can redo AS-Ballistic (with some improvements of the layout) but I'm not sure to work on a converted file or redo everything.
      I also started a bank heist assault map
      Last edited by BloodK1nG; 07-21-2015, 02:16 AM.
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Blood! Don't change Ballistic a lot OK, it is the iconic map and there isn't much wrong with it, especially the first half! I couldn't find anything on the UT2k3 version! Right now can convert files but the way it converts the BSP makes for massive files (Riv3 is 121 meg with just the brushes). If you need some help or wanna discuss I'm on IRC and steam

Comment

Good Job Guys!
          Assault should be played the UT99 Way

Let me show you - and open up a world of gaming you never experienced! Play a pick up game at irc://bacon.utassault.net/#utapug

http://forums.utassault.net - online Assault community for 15 years - and still going!

Comment

Im really impressed by this progress. Gonna join you guys and help testing things out Utassault league was my childhood

Comment

Originally posted by iBamzz View Post
              Zomg Bamse AUT the man himself =). I've been waiting for 10 years to play ut assault (the proper one) again, can't wait. [ULL]Black_ signing in for dutyyyyy. :3

Comment

I'm really happy to have found this thread. I mostly played CTF and instagib on UT99, where I competed on the OGL ladder for a few years. Then after that died down, I was playing UT2004, and found myself on the assault pub servers every night having a great time. Mostly played on the BooBeDome, where it was a full server every night. Assault and Vehicle CTF became my nightly addiction.

I hope to find myself you your servers testing Assault whenever I can.

Comment

Trying to remake AS-highspeed...

Comment

Duuuude, I tested this a week or so ago. Even though it looks very much in it's infancy, it was still really fun Assault definitely has a chance to be one of the funnest gametypes tbh.
                    Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | Instagram

Comment

Initial import of AS-Golgotha from ut99 into ue4:
                      https://youtu.be/vAdvtl2_acs

And my progress thus far:
                      https://youtu.be/oci8dm9suEw

Attached Files

Comment

Im imporessed with how many people picked up on this on the developing/mapping side already. There is probably more work being done on Assault maps right now than on any other UT4 maps lol.

Golgo looks nice. Also, its maps like Golgo and the other classic league maps, in combination with coded rocket launching and hammer launching by Urga that will really reanimate this game mode in its new fancy ut4 outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by unsobor View Post
                          Im imporessed with how many people picked up on this on the developing/mapping side already. There is probably more work being done on Assault maps right now than on any other UT4 maps lol.

Golgo looks nice. Also, its maps like Golgo and the other classic league maps, in combination with coded rocket launching and hammer launching by Urga that will really reanimate this game mode in its new fancy ut4 outfit.
                          I looked into Golg1 and 2, and i need to know how we/you want it ported. Because of the old messy BSP is hard to rebuild it exact. When i look at the screenshots most maps look just ported. I don't know if it's possible with golg2, golg1 looked ok (At first look only the landscape BSP can't be used.). But golg2 doesn't really have much blocky BSP to reuse (only custom build and clipped stacks of BSP).
                          Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Cypress187 View Post
                            I looked into Golg1 and 2, and i need to know how we/you want it ported. Because of the old messy BSP is hard to rebuild it exact.
                            You could convert it to a mesh and pretty it up in blender
                            also known as Humphro

Comment

from FatJeff in trello:
                              here is a video of our first rocketlaunching test. It's different as the ut99 launching, but it works and was the first try.
                              https://youtu.be/AwXtfe-k3eI

Comment

Originally posted by Cypress187 View Post
                                I looked into Golg1 and 2, and i need to know how we/you want it ported. Because of the old messy BSP is hard to rebuild it exact. When i look at the screenshots most maps look just ported. I don't know if it's possible with golg2, golg1 looked ok (At first look only the landscape BSP can't be used.). But golg2 doesn't really have much blocky BSP to reuse (only custom build and clipped stacks of BSP).
                                I think Golgo1 is clearly a more iconic Assault map. Golgo2 was not that popular i think, so maybe it has a lower priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X