Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by IronWarshark View Post
    Well done BloodK1ng, except I would modify the ending and remove "You're all fired, nobody cares." and instead have it say:

"Later you receive a neuro-mail: Linandri has demanded that you hand over the prototype for -$10,000.
    You and your friends have a little 'chat' with the owner and end up being paid 75% of all profits that Linandri makes with selling the new beer plus any money won from the tournament.
    Fairly good deal one would say."
    Well, you have to admit: it's hard to negotiate while drunk and under the effects of unknowns drugs. Anyway Liandri dont sell beer or drink, it's Blitz corp's job
    Last objective should be to bring back the proto in your office, replace the old machine and finish your break before boss notice anything. (and because the factory owner have probably been killed during your assault)
    Is it ok for you (even if you dont make money )?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
    Let me suggest an other version for this story:

It's Monday, 10am, you and yours friends worked hard on the next liandri tournament and need a break
    you insert money in the alcohol machine but only get a message "out of service" in your face
    you investigate the garage, discover an empty truck and blood trail of the deliveryman
    only one solution: you have to bring back shipment from the factory yourself
    on the road you use your legendary skill to convince pizzeria to gas you up
    finally you're in front of the heavily defended factory, nothing stop and after few seconds you enter
    frustration! all shipments have been destroyed and production sabotaged
    you decide to check if you can find a prototype or something else in the labs...
    luckily you find the only functional prototype! and take a real break with yours remaining friends
    later you receive a neuro-mail: you're all fired, nobody cares.

Well done BloodK1ng, except I would modify the ending and remove "You're all fired, nobody cares." and instead have it say:

"Later you receive a neuro-mail: Linandri has demanded that you hand over the prototype for -$10,000.
    You and your friends have a little 'chat' with the owner and end up being paid 75% of all profits that Linandri makes with selling the new beer plus any money won from the tournament.
    Fairly good deal one would say."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your comment just gave me a hilarious idea that you guys could work on for a new assault map called AS-BREW_FACTORY. The story will go like this: "Some thieves have stolen the Linandri Corporation's main supply of beer and chips and have holed up themselves in the main brewing factory who serves as Linandri's primary snack supplier. Your team must storm the factory, get in back in working order, and recover the stolen drinks and snacks." How's that for giggles?
    Let me suggest an other version for this story:

It's monday, 10am, you and yours friends worked hard on the next liandri tournament and need a break
    you insert money in the alcohol machine but only get a message "out of service" in your face
    you investigate the garage, discover an empty truck and blood trail of the deliveryman
    only one solution: you have to bring back shipment from the factory yourself
    on the road you use your legendary skill to convince pizzeria to gas you up
    finally you're in front of the heavily defended factory, nothing stop and after few seconds you enter
    frustration! all shipments have been destroyed and production sabotaged
    you decide to check if you can find a prototype or something else in the labs...
    luckily you find the only functional proto! and take a real break with yours remaining friends
    later you receive a neuro-mail: you're all fired, nobody cares.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
    Thanks! Do you think there are some chances to make it an official gamemode? Do you think Flag Run would be an obstacle for this eventual goal?
    I don't know if it will come back as an official mode, but if not I doubt it's because FR would be considered as an "obstacle". FR focus more on the payload-only aspect, and the devs want to focus on making it a core competitive mode, where Assault gives a wide and wild variety of objectives, and even gameplays, tho not always suited for comp. We even got maps in UT2k4 where you started with spaceships and used dodgefighting before boardingthe main ship, or even landed on planets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks! Do you think there are some chances to make it an official gamemode? Do you think Flag Run would be an obstacle for this eventual goal?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
    I don't know if this has already been asked in the thread, but how does Assault differ from Flag Run?
    It tends to be a series of objectives to reach a final goal. Once you hit an objective, you spawn a bit further forward.

There is usually a few ways of trying to get to each objective, e.g. brute force, hammer/trick jumps

There should be lots of videos of the original on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know if this has already been asked in the thread, but how does Assault differ from Flag Run?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to play Assault. With some cool maps it'll be great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your comment just gave me a hilarious idea that you guys could work on for a new assault map called AS-BREW_FACTORY. The story will go like this: "Some thieves have stolen the Linandri Corporation's main supply of beer and chips and have holed up themselves in the main brewing factory who serves as Linandri's primary snack supplier. Your team must storm the factory, get in back in working order, and recover the stolen drinks and snacks." How's that for giggles?
    That's pretty much what subject they currently talked. You never heard of AS-Outback ? Here's the official description of the map :
    "City slickers just took over the outback's top brewery. They've dumped your favorite beverage, replacing it with **** poor Zero Beer. The grog's got no alcohol and tastes like a Bondi cigar! Get over there pronto and sort this thing out... before it takes over OZ!!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
    Man, Beer was enough to save the world and party with your friends a decade ago, in our days we need something much stronger and dangerous,
    something illegal for too long, something that make people crazy and fight till death, something we'll drink soon again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I appreciate what you've been doing for assault so far. I do look forward toward some very interesting maps and ideas you and your team come up with. On a side note, there was one assault map in UT 2004 that I found hilarious. It was a custom one which became official called AS-OUTBACK. Anyone remember that map?

I do hope this lifts the mood a little bit.
    Man, Beer was enough to save the world and party with your friends a decade ago, in our days we need something much stronger and dangerous,
    something illegal for too long, something that make people crazy and fight till death, something we'll drink soon again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fatJeff View Post
    exactly that

Not working with bots yet and we are close to bring something up. Still a bit patience please. Latest version is running on latest build/engine, but we need still some time to check it out. We don't wanna release anything gamebreaking.

you can follow us on facebook.com for further updates.
    I appreciate what you've been doing for assault so far. I do look forward toward some very interesting maps and ideas you and your team come up with. On a side note, there was one assault map in UT 2004 that I found hilarious. It was a custom one which became official called AS-OUTBACK. Anyone remember that map?

I do hope this lifts the mood a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right on, take your time! Love what you've shown so far.
    Keep up the awesome work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Agent47IL View Post
    or are you doing some closed testing period until further notice?
    exactly that

Not working with bots yet and we are close to bring something up. Still a bit patience please. Latest version is running on latest build/engine, but we need still some time to check it out. We don't wanna release anything gamebreaking.

you can follow us on facebook.com for further updates.
    Last edited by fatJeff; 01-30-2017, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I only see one Assault server and its password locked. Is it something temporary or are you doing some closed testing period until further notice?
    Also, are bots currently supported? I'd download the maps myself to check it out, but all the links in the site don't seem to work. "Error 522 Connection Timed Out" whenever trying to download a map.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X