Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diode View Post
    You could convert it to a mesh and pretty it up in blender
    I didn't know that was possible. (edit: i have successfull converted (remoddeled in 3dsmax) the middle building into a SM and no more BSP bug. But to do this for the entire map will take ages, because i have to remodel alot then and everything will need uvw's and collision meshes.)

Originally posted by unsobor View Post
    I think Golgo1 is clearly a more iconic Assault map. Golgo2 was not that popular i think, so maybe it has a lower priority.
    I heared the other way around, i will pause the golg2 project untill we know what we want with it. Atm, i'm going to work on Desertstorm (and maybe bloodking would like to do riverbed3 or bridge.)
    Last edited by Cypress187; 08-10-2015, 12:33 PM.
    Portfolio

Comment

If you haven't yet seen our latest maps, join utassault.net server #1 later tonight to check them out - Ballistic in particular is our closest-to-completion map and looking fantastic! I will also be posting an update video this weekend.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Urgamanix; 08-14-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Wow! I did not expect to see an assault map look like that yet!

Comment

urgamanix how many maps for aas are you doing? It looks sexy that ballistic map!

Comment

So I'm focusing on 15-20 maps for the utassault league, mostly remakes with a few new maps added into the mix, of which you can see we currently have around 7 maps on the go with different levels of progress.

Comment

Originally posted by unsobor View Post
              from FatJeff in trello:
              Definitely not what it used to be. Also UT4 is complete **** without the wall-sliding. Should be sliding on the roofs there. That's going to have an extremely negative impact on Assault.

Originally posted by Cypress187 View Post
              I looked into Golg1 and 2, and i need to know how we/you want it ported. Because of the old messy BSP is hard to rebuild it exact. When i look at the screenshots most maps look just ported. I don't know if it's possible with golg2, golg1 looked ok (At first look only the landscape BSP can't be used.). But golg2 doesn't really have much blocky BSP to reuse (only custom build and clipped stacks of BSP).
              Golg2 is going to be the messiest map you'll ever attempt to convert. There are tons of BSP holes which were covered with BlockAll actors. Also, Golg2 is my favorite map but going to be entirely worthless in UT4 because of the lack of launching and teamplay.

Originally posted by KingKilla View Post
              Sooo awesome. Time to dominate assault again.
              You wish. You could barely beat html in a 1v1.

Posted a video of UT4AS gameplay from August 5th:

Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

I havent played UT-assault since the UT99-days, but tonight i stumbled upon whats been done so far. Man it is soooo much fun playing assault again. Felt like i was ten years younger and almost could aim again

Big applause to those involved in bringing it back!

One general thing came to my mind also, regarding maps: Perhaps it could be a good idea to make/remake the easier maps first. By easy i mean those that are easy to understand and follow. To improve chances that people new to assult will like what they experience.

Oh one more thing: For some reason my keyboard was basically locked out during score-board. couldnt chat with "Say" or tilde->say or anything. UT-bug? Assault bug? Or just Gurkburk-bug? dunno.

Comment

PUG video from yesterday, maplist: Guardia, Rook, Ballistic, Guardia, Rook

You Tube link HD 60FPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltPc6BQ2xM

Gurkburken, about the Say issue its a known bug for the assault mod and will be fixed later i suppose. But for me the Say command in console works!
                  Last edited by iBamzz; 08-17-2015, 08:31 AM.
                  Online nickname: Ba]V[sE or iBamzz
                  [*.se] Starsofsweden
                  Oldschool UT99 Player Since the beginning!

You Tube Channel: UT 4 Gameplay HD 60 FPS

Adrenaline - UT4 Fragmovie, 2015-06-26 2:07min NEW!!!

Comment

Well that was a pretty one-sided pug! Need to stop swedish people stacking next time

Comment

Urga, add hispeed and Frigate and maybe link to one of the newer gameplay video. The 1st post contains a super old versionl
                      Last edited by unsobor; 08-19-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Here´s a quick assault launching test video, more info on the Trello board!
                        Thx to fatJeff and Machoman helping out :thumb:
                        [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

Yea nice work there guys Hammerlaunching worked better than rocket launching yesterday
                          A week ago I could launch Unsobor by aiming 3 rockets to the head from the back. When i tried that yesterday I couldnt get the height and speed momentum.
                          Was it changed?

Comment

Only two rockets hit in the last rocketlaunch 00:18, you can see the third flying after. But the effect was the same as three...
                            [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

A long overdue update

Comment

Originally posted by Urgamanix View Post
                                A long overdue update
                                Nice update m8!
                                [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

Working...
                                X