No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking really nice ! I'll try to move a bit faster with the meshing of Guardia
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

About: levers, switches, buttons, etc. I like the model of UT2004, where player has to stay close to the desired object for a while. Model UT99, where is enough to touch a button / lever, and it has already been activated - looks extremely unfortunate. Because of this - attacking team has an incredible advantage.

I understand that UT4 focused on UT99, but do not throw away all the good ideas from UT2004.

Comment

Latest testing on the assault-hammerlaunch WIP:
        Online nickname: Ba]V[sE or iBamzz
        [*.se] Starsofsweden
        Oldschool UT99 Player Since the beginning!

You Tube Channel: UT 4 Gameplay HD 60 FPS

Adrenaline - UT4 Fragmovie, 2015-06-26 2:07min NEW!!!

Comment

Gameplay testing Assault WIP
          Last edited by iBamzz; 08-24-2015, 01:36 AM.
          [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

What I can see so far is all the stinger spamming looks quite boring for UT4 assault. Either could use slightly more obstacles on the maps to nerf it or the weapon itself could use some tweaking.

Comment

Every video I see is more and more impressive. I have a few questions!

Is ballistic a remake of a custom map? It doesn't look familiar, but it looks like a lot of fun! That's some nice usage of those outside meshes/w outpost meshes.

When do you guys play? I get off work at 4pm eastern time USA and I never see anyone on the assault server. (I forget to look quite often though)

Comment

Ballistic was the most popular assault map of UT99AS. it was a custom back then as were all popular maps. The stock maps were almost never player. The reason why the stock maps, too are remade now, is to provide a feeling of familiarity and nostalgic romance lol + some of them might be more playable with the slightly different mechanics and physics of UT4.

Guardia which you see also in the video, is the classic spamfest which was renowned for its unattackability lol. such maps were basically never picked for league matches other than to annoy the opponent team.

all the awesome customs league maps are under progress and its more thean likely that new awesome maps will be made in time.

4 pm eastern US is something like 9 pm GMT right? That is actually the prime time for european assault. although it usualy dropps sharply after 10pm GMT.
                Last edited by unsobor; 08-23-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                  What I can see so far is all the stinger spamming looks quite boring for UT4 assault. Either could use slightly more obstacles on the maps to nerf it or the weapon itself could use some tweaking.
                  I can see your point and at some locations there will be needing some more obstacles BUT we have to w8 to see after next assault version is out. Because then lanch-hammer is available on all maps and also the rocketlaunch. This will open up the maps and also make the game more dynamic in 3 axis, atm there is more in one plane. It´s like playing CTF without translocator atm, so will be interesting to see the difference when launching comes in on all maps
                  [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

The mode is really improving a lot, I really like it
                    Minigum is strong yea, but like Bamz said, we have to wait a bit for the core game how the weapon balance is going to be.
                    Ut99 assault was also a lot of minigun, and they tweaked the minigun power from the core with the UTA mod if I'm not mistaken, not totally sure though.

AS-Frigate and AS-Overlord are 'ok' maps to play, they were also picked in league matches from time to time, same as AS-Mazon.
                    Those maps if made correctly and balanced accordingly could prove to be a good choice to pick.

The problems I have now are that the defence doors can't open when a defender walked through them the first time, but he wants to run back but the door can not open then.
                    An example for this is ballistic, when the warhead is taken and you just went through the door but now you want to go back to the last portal to defend the last objective.

Comment

OMG thank you so much for this!! <3

Comment

Does someone remember map AS-Siege]I[AL (not famous AS-Siege][). I found it very interesting, but now i cant find to download it

also some speedruns of good maps
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syap...EA67557B7F8750
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZ8...1973F2FFF1E519
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW4n...517E1863A80738
                        Last edited by e1vp; 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

If you want to play and test with us, check out:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-4-Assault-PUG
                          UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
                          UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
                          UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Urgamanix is doing an absolutely phenomenal job coding and organizing this effort.

Unfortunately, his effort is proving somewhat unsuccessful through no fault of his own. It's time that Epic got on board with what Urgamanix is doing and helped here and there instead of focusing on frivolous game-ruining 'features' such as wallrunning and mantling and addressed major gameplay flaws. The current state of weapon balance is such that Assault is nearly unplayable. Again, this is not Urgamanix's fault, but rather the lack of support and focus on important issues such as weapon balance which is making Assault essentially a game of miniguns (see any of the playtest videos for evidence of this).

The problem when you get 12 players running at each other with miniguns is that it becomes incredibly boring incredibly fast. It's time for Epic to listen to this community. We had a community of about 300 players last year (4,000-6,000 at the height of Assault) who were all eager to see Assault done right, and Urgamanix and his team are the only ones who have the know-how to do it right. We need hammer and rocket launching to be implemented for this game mode to work, otherwise you're stuck with the one-dimensional gameplay seen on Guardia. We need hammer jumping to work like hammer jumping - you should be able to get a reasonable amount of height and take a higher damage penalty for that (UT99 was 54dmg, this is fine). Please start paying some mind to this development and listen to us on issues of balance rather than iCTF players who know nothing about weapon balance.

/rant over
                            Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

the pug yesterday was amazing. I think Bammz might post a video again soon. V2.0 of Assault is now live and it does include hammer launching and rocket launching, which are right now designed by Urgamanix with preliminary values (i reckon) to open up the Assault possibilities present in ut99. the maps look very much developed already, but as they are conversions from old maps, they may still need to be tuned a bit to comply with the different movement and weapons of UT4.

Nevertheless this was the first real PUG for assault and it was already really tactical im looking forward very much for the next time. Of course would be great to see this Mod as part of UT again.

Comment

Was a nice 6v6 PUG with Teamspeak and picked teams with captains throu the #ut4pugs channel!
                                Thx all for playing and setting the match up, all the coding from Urgamanix and fatJeff for organizing,
                                all mapmakers doing these cool maps for us to play, cafe for irc channel etc

Assault is in WIP and these PUG´s make it possible to actually push this forward in many different ways!

Will post gameplay on my channel from this pug soon.
                                [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

Working...
                                X