No announcement yet.

Assault [BP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was great fun, with more than 20 people queued up to get into the server (and stealing spots!) and up to 12 spectators watching from in-game. A shame my team lost, but was close at 3-2, so happy enough! Considering the map sizes and various pre-alpha issues, this was a real success. Thanks to all that supported and streamed. Now we will sit into regular pugs and move towards the "final" version of the game mode

Comment

It looked great, launches are WIP but you can launch which is great. I was spectating the last hour. Enjoyed watching it. The taccam is really handy for assault

Comment

Thanks to all the players and spectators, who followed this pug arrangenent and made it that great as it was!

I was pleased to see some uta oldies came back and new players joined our party. It was a race for the 12 free slots and we got 14 spectators. I hope you enjoyed watching it.

Soon there will be other assault pugs and we try to fix the teething problems, so that it will get better and better. Thanks again for testing.

For a first real pug it was really good. Thanks urgamanix for your great work, bamz for supporting me and testing everything out. Cafe for ts, irc and rest of support.

Thx to the mapmakers for creating that many beautiful maps in a short time and the rest that helps with forums and in other ways.

Stay tuned for the next pug and check the forums and irc.
        UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
        UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
        UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

The problem when you get 12 players running at each other with miniguns is that it becomes incredibly boring incredibly fast. It's time for Epic to listen to this community. We had a community of about 300 players last year (4,000-6,000 at the height of Assault) who were all eager to see Assault done right, and Urgamanix and his team are the only ones who have the know-how to do it right. We need hammer and rocket launching to be implemented for this game mode to work, otherwise you're stuck with the one-dimensional gameplay seen on Guardia. We need hammer jumping to work like hammer jumping - you should be able to get a reasonable amount of height and take a higher damage penalty for that (UT99 was 54dmg, this is fine). Please start paying some mind to this development and listen to us on issues of balance rather than iCTF players who know nothing about weapon balance.
          ^ This

I sincerely hope there's still A LOT to do about balancing weapons and movements. I'm really scratching my head when I see some of the developers talking about achievements, skins and other useless features (at least, for the moment). Shouldn't they focus their attention on making a good basis and then implement all these things nobody want?

Btw what I wanted to say was: ideally you could replace by default the hammer and the RL to the modified ones whenever you are in an Assault map

Comment

Backtired: that is already done like this atm

there is a hammer in your beginning inventory that allows launching, and all rocket launchers are assault rocket launchers.. that work identically combat wise but impart momentum on teammates.

Comment

Urgamanix did you check your pm board? I sent you a message

Comment

Yesterday we did a little 'pug' on our 2nd assault server. Here is a clip from AS-Ballistic with a bugged flak;(

https://youtu.be/W6R8EDoBiWw

Comment

Assault used to be my favorite gameplay, because the game objectives there are soo different than the other game modes, yes, I'd like to see it return back, the thing we didnt had assault on UT3 is kinda a dissapointment for me. Assault was awesome, but what i didnt liked is the lack of map variety in that game mode, i hope in UT4 there are going to be alot of assault gametype maps.

EDIT: sorry for bad english.
                  Shock Therapy.

Comment

Assault PUG #2 With TS

Online nickname: Ba]V[sE or iBamzz
                    [*.se] Starsofsweden
                    Oldschool UT99 Player Since the beginning!

You Tube Channel: UT 4 Gameplay HD 60 FPS

Adrenaline - UT4 Fragmovie, 2015-06-26 2:07min NEW!!!

Comment

like https://www.facebook.com/ut4assault for news and PUG-events !
                      UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

The lack of posts isnt because we dont do anything, just atm we are testing, testing, coding, coding and testing and mapping, mapping etc
                        Soon there will be some new versions out both mapwise and assault MOD and also some other nice stuff!
                        [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

Assault PUG #3 with teams on same TS LOL 3vs3
                          [*.se] Starsofsweden

Comment

Nice video. Had some great fun!
                            UT4ASSAULT.COM

Comment

Just remebered some nice maps such as:

AS-RiverBed]|[(AL)
                              AS-AutoRIP
                              AS-DesertStorm
                              AS-RiverbedAL

AS-Mazon

AS-LAvafort2

All of them easy to follow even if youre completely new to the game mode (as opposed to that fecked up hurons sword map grreeaarrgh). Any1 know if any1 would happen to be working on any of these?

Comment

riverbed 3 is already played. desert storm and mazon are wip.

Lavafort was discussed once

Comment

Working...
                                X