Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without UT2k4 movement, without me. This Movement feels sooooooo bad. :L I think u have to implement ut2k4 movement for a while . So we can try it ... and all will see, it makes this game playable.

Comment

just add a mutator. we have like 3 or 4 mutators adding double jump and enabling ut2k4 with that on https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content
      Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Yes please faster movement it was so slow i felt like a big truck moving around

Comment

Guys, now that we have Wallrunning, Rocketjumps and Grenadejumps, what exactly are the arguments against Dodgejumps? Because we have to chose between slow or fast, and while I supported slow first I think fast is better now. We already have a lot of new features so why not bring that one back?
          Signature removed, over allowed size http://i.imgur.com/V3lU71R.gif

Comment

There reasons are vast, and the other new mechanics are to satiate those who wanted the dodge jump, but aren't getting it. Thus adding the dodge jump now would defeat the purpose, as well as mostly render the slide (and the lone dodge) obsolete, minus exploiting it's wonky hit box.

Magic air jumps are hoaky, and there is nothing Epic an do to stop the community from making maps that trash their current scaling, which still isn't as good as the original. 2kx had decidedly the worst scaling in the series, and it was because of the dodge jump.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

worst scaling for ut99 players. for people, which started with 2k4 it was nice. We are able to add double/dodge jump by level blueprint now. So its very easy, port a 2k4 map, make small easy coding in level blueprint, and you got it.
              Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Objectively speaking, the amount of "open space" in maps to ratio of player model size was far greater. This isn't a who started where preference, it's a mathematical fact.

The problem this creates is the game takes a set of weapons designed for tight arena maps and puts them on out door terrain maps, or indoor maps with similar amounts of open space, and doesn't really then tune the weapons properly. Thus, hit scan dominance. Thus watered down gun play.
                Originally posted by Mysterial
                An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
                X