This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    WOW THIS GAME FEELS NOTHING LIKE UT MOVEMENT PLAIN SUCKS...... How do they ruin a game it seems they all ways screw them up after the original , how retarded Quake Champ... just kills this game and that's a crying shame.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Objectively speaking, the amount of "open space" in maps to ratio of player model size was far greater. This isn't a who started where preference, it's a mathematical fact.

The problem this creates is the game takes a set of weapons designed for tight arena maps and puts them on out door terrain maps, or indoor maps with similar amounts of open space, and doesn't really then tune the weapons properly. Thus, hit scan dominance. Thus watered down gun play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    worst scaling for ut99 players. for people, which started with 2k4 it was nice. We are able to add double/dodge jump by level blueprint now. So its very easy, port a 2k4 map, make small easy coding in level blueprint, and you got it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There reasons are vast, and the other new mechanics are to satiate those who wanted the dodge jump, but aren't getting it. Thus adding the dodge jump now would defeat the purpose, as well as mostly render the slide (and the lone dodge) obsolete, minus exploiting it's wonky hit box.

Magic air jumps are hoaky, and there is nothing Epic an do to stop the community from making maps that trash their current scaling, which still isn't as good as the original. 2kx had decidedly the worst scaling in the series, and it was because of the dodge jump.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, now that we have Wallrunning, Rocketjumps and Grenadejumps, what exactly are the arguments against Dodgejumps? Because we have to chose between slow or fast, and while I supported slow first I think fast is better now. We already have a lot of new features so why not bring that one back?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes please faster movement it was so slow i felt like a big truck moving around

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just add a mutator. we have like 3 or 4 mutators adding double jump and enabling ut2k4 with that on https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Without UT2k4 movement, without me. This Movement feels sooooooo bad. :L I think u have to implement ut2k4 movement for a while . So we can try it ... and all will see, it makes this game playable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Movement really feels way too slow and I'm also missing the double jump/dodge jump.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried it again whit a new rig...man, is this UT-THE GRANDPA' EDITION?? XD
    Movement is still way to slow ans sluggish!
    I get u want something new instead of an older title's remake...but:

WALL RUN: is totally useless. Others games are defined by it (titanfall) but here is just a gimmick strapped on and totally unrelated to UT gameplay. My personal advice would be...get rid of that nonsense!

SLIDE: Kinda fun, but really sluggish and not well integrated

WALL DODGE: nice!

DOUBLE JUMP/DODGE JUMP: these should be fully integrated in the game! Can be tweaked as you want to not copy them directly from UT2k4, but should definetly be in the game!

My suggestion would be: use SLIDE/WALL DODGE/DOUBLE JUMP/DODGE JUMP to be chained and comboed to make a really strong UT vibe to movement, speeding the game way up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a question-suggestion about basic movement, As I understand all movements based to WASD only. And the concrete movement has no acceleration. Animation the same and the character who uses A,D,A,D,A,D etc moves with the same speed and animation.

Why not have in game for example the acceleration when movement in one direction begins. +35 or +50% movement speed just by some steps and if the player continue hold movement button the speed change to standard speed. It has another animation set and a new set of game variables. How it may looks in theory. The first fast steps in a certain direction not be abruptly replaced by other steps until the first of the steps in the set of fast steps becomes before the speed changes to the standard one. Like a disable the press D button after press A button while the first step of A button is not ready. Some milliseconds maybe. I mean make very fast movements but build-in special war animation where after some time standard animation turns on. Players can not stand on one place in any kind of UT gameplay, but when they move itself it all looks like moving the capsule over the surface. And if developers add some special movement animations set without scecial movement rules it still looks like moving the capsule over the surface. But UT3 movement animation well done.

How may looks these fast steps in movement. Maybe like a quick feint or drift, but becouse the specific animation in the battle, and not just becouse pressing the keyboard button to change the movement direction. This "thing" gameplay based and not just to show the another animation in battle. This is like an additional rule in players movements. Something like an exoskeleton-hard-spacesuit-armor dependent elements of movement. Spacesuit can withstand several directed attacks a shock rifle and can not look like current "military-body-armor with "non-space" design". And movements are strongly associated with this. Movements like sliding on metal robot transformer. Different servomotors use and remaining airborne seams for a short time maybe. Many things in game and UT gameworld may depends on the exoskeleton-hard-spacesuit-armor.

Such a fast steps movement does not violate something fundamental in game, in duel? This is my ask. Military games as I understand use just different movement animation set but without additional rules in movement and gameplay. Just to look good and have a smooth change of animation cycles.

What is the point of what I wrote. In combat, the character also moves quickly in front of the enemy but general movement and movement (overcoming) in the territory of the location x0.35-0.5 slower. The fight itself with same speed is so complicated, but the overall process (running on location) does not look like a capsule flight in 3D scene. Ofcourse its all in theory. In order for this to work, it is necessary that the acceleration of the movement is not used constantly for normal movement when using a certain combination of keyboard clicks and rotations with the mouse, to not move yourself constantly with max speed.

Or there is an external condition, charging-discharging bar of this spacesuit-armor. If energy discharged the movements are always have normal speed. Something like so.
    Last edited by Andriushka; 07-24-2017, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by user.9 View Post
    How about adding the ability to jump off of a wall? This can be done if instead of using the jump button for wall running activation the slide(or another) button could be used instead. so one could jump on a wall and jump again for more height or jump from a wall run. This would not only add a variety of ways to evade damage and move about, but also make it easier to wall run with boots. to use boots maybe a double tap timing of jump similar to double tap dodge could be incorporated. a single tap dodge + single tap jump(combo double tap) would also activate boots. double tap jump in air falling from cliff/edge, end of dodge/jump would be necessary to activate boots-this would lessen the instances of accidentally wasting boot jumps. I have zero experience playing with double jump in previous UT's so I dont really care if its not added but just thought Id make the suggestion. my bad if someone mentioned something like this already.
    You can dodge off a wall, and it's no cooldown so bots can even infinitely dodge between two walls lol.

Originally posted by -AEnubis- View Post
    I actually enjoy the current movement. Most of the tweaks I would make have little to do with the mechanics. I think there should be more seamless transition between running/sliding/dodging, not as to build momentum, but as to smoothly accelerate and decelerate from one to the next. Wall running and sliding are very predictable, which is a good balance, and as out there as unlimited wall kicks can be at times, I think a higher minimum repeat time would fix most of my gripes. I also miss sprint. Even if many people didn't use it, it was useful, and no one complained about it. I think smashing the dodge key while running forward now is ridiculously tedious.

mod would take care of all of my current non-mechanical gripes.
    I agree, movement feels good aside from those sudden speed losses and constantly dashing forward. And slide should only work after a dodge, not running.
    Last edited by Samanie; 05-16-2017, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    edit:moving my comment to general discussion
    Last edited by user.9; 05-19-2017, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I actually enjoy the current movement. Most of the tweaks I would make have little to do with the mechanics. I think there should be more seamless transition between running/sliding/dodging, not as to build momentum, but as to smoothly accelerate and decelerate from one to the next. Wall running and sliding are very predictable, which is a good balance, and as out there as unlimited wall kicks can be at times, I think a higher minimum repeat time would fix most of my gripes. I also miss sprint. Even if many people didn't use it, it was useful, and no one complained about it. I think smashing the dodge key while running forward now is ridiculously tedious.

mod would take care of all of my current non-mechanical gripes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Anduriel View Post
    Honestly I think that both slide and wall run should be removed completely. In my opinion the game as a whole would profit from that.

The main positive aspects I see in that are:
    - Gameplay would be more focused on combat than movement, which makes it less hit and run
    - The movement would have a clear direction and be easier to learn for new players, which is important
    - Level Design would be less complicated, which is good for players and level designers
    - Hitbox issues related to those mechanics are no longer a thing

And also Sprint should be removed, it's just not a movement mechanic for a game like Unreal Tournament. I think these mechanics should all be moved to mutators and not be core mechanics of the game.
    Old post, but after thinking about it I think that is right. Combat should have more focus than gimmick movement, at the moment game favours too much "hit and run" play style and destroys aggressive and engaging play style.

Wall run should be removed for sure. Slide is a good feature in some sense, but maybe it should also be considered to be removed. But some probably think these look "cool" on screen for e-sports and therefore I don't have high hopes for removing them.

ps. UT99 had very well working scaling and movement, take a few hints from there. One suggestion is to decrease dodge length and increase dodge speed.

Just look at this video how nice the movement is in UT99 (it's a bunny track mod) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQdTs8XJLOo&t=6m40s
    Last edited by teks1; 05-03-2017, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X