Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movement Blueprint

(Update 31st May)

Video showing some wall moves (different settings used for different moves)

Download v0.7 (with simple map as shown in the video)
    Content.zip
    (create a new First person project and copy the files there)

Basic setup options

MaxJumps : Number of times you can jump or dodge in a row before landing
    Dodge Strength / Dodge Height
    Air Control / Walk Speed / Jump Strength
    JetpackStrength
    Slam Strength : Downward force of slam move

Can Wallrun : Allows stepping on wall (at certain speeds and angles)
    Wall Run Gravity : How floaty / heavy you are on the wall
    (low value = stick to walls easier, even lower = go up walls)
    (higher value = less time on wall, few steps until you fall back to the ground)

Can Airdodge : Allows dodging in mid air (useful to simulate complex moves easier, or fun)
    (also overrides canwallrun to be true)
    DebugMode : Show info on the HUD
    Wall Dodge Angle : (not really set up to be user friendly.. 'basically' what angle surface = a wall)

Keys

J - activate / deactivate the jetpack
    (W,A,S,D, Hold C = Down, Hold Space = Up, F = Stabilize)

C - Slam (while in the air)

C hold down - Slide down ramps / angled floor

E - Super Jump!

Wall slide by jumping and hitting a wall at a downward angle (minimize fall damage)

Wall run by jumping onto a wall at an angle,
    or using upward momentum of a jump to go vertically up a wall and get to a higher ledge
    Last edited by sneh; 05-30-2014, 05:02 PM. Reason: Updates

Nice job mate.
    Just one thing. After you wall-dodge, you seem to float. Maybe make the ark after wall-dodging a little more balistic? For example by upping the gravity.

EDIT: Or maybe if you don't gain verticality after wall-dodging. You kick the wall so you go to side, but not upwards.

I think the floatiness after wall-dodging and dodge-jumping is the most complained thinkg movement wise.
    Last edited by Spadeas; 05-13-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TenOfSpadesCZ View Post
      Just one thing. After you wall-dodge, you seem to float.
      It's mostly because I turned the running speed and air control right up, at normal speed you really don't get any height at all from the wall dodge.

Either way it's easy enough to change all the values to get different behaviours

Comment

Up the gravity and notch down the speed a touch, I think for a normal gravity map its too floaty. Would be cool if you can upload the BP though.

Comment

I can see the gravity work on some "spacey" maps but probably not on more "planetary" ones and I also think the base running speed might be too high for most players

Comment

definitely too floaty but I would love a UT game as fast as this. Nice work!

Comment

Hey would appreciate the blueprint if thats alright i've been playing with airdodges/airdrops and double jumps myself.
              "Gilanguar"

Comment

**** is that Hyperblast? So maps can be ported? Tell me more please!

For the movement: I don't really like it, seems like gravity is 0 in the ship too lol ^^ Definitevly too "floaty" (in absence of a better term that I can't find)
                http://i.imgur.com/6dJ1rdc.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gilanguar View Post
                  Hey would appreciate the blueprint if thats alright i've been playing with airdodges/airdrops and double jumps myself.
                  And if possible, could I get hold of your blueprint at some point when I get my hands on UE4?

Comment

Added a link to the blueprint.

Let me know what you think

Comment

how did you get the map to import so quickly?

you also need to right click on the blueprint > export and give us that copy, we can't import uasset files, at least i don't see a way to do it.

Comment

Nice job, this looks really impressive. I like the look and feel of this so far, although I think I'd rather see any-other-map than Hyperblast, because it's hard to judge exactly what's going on when you have both normal and low-gravity in the level.
                        Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                          how did you get the map to import so quickly?

you also need to right click on the blueprint > export and give us that copy, we can't import uasset files, at least i don't see a way to do it.
                          No worries - updated the link to the .COPY file

I made about a dozen UT99 remakes in UT3, so a fair amount of time consuming stuff was already done (mesh textured, additional textures for materials) and so I just exported the mesh from that.. still took a few hours fixing it up in max to get it right for UE4 though

Comment

hmm, actually, it appears you were right.

every other file i've tried I can import directly with ue4, but .uasset had to be in the right directory.

fix link with the .uasset -- sorry.

anyway, - what did you build it off?
                            Attached Files

Comment

This would be a cool idea for a mutator/power-up

Comment

Working...
                              X