(Yet another) Movement prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] (Yet another) Movement prototype

OUTDATED! Update: Added working (hopefully) mutator. Feedback would be nice, as of now this post has 156 stalkers and not a single reply . Hello all, There is lots of throat biting concerning the movement of new UT so why not throw in some more carnage ? Here is the new Default character that I tweaked while thinking that: 1) UT movement should be snappier; 2) vehicles inevitably will be implemented; 3) base movement mechanics defines balance of weapons and vehicles; 3) current hitbox size and handling of headshots is a mean joke. [SIZE=3]Download mutator: Links: Outdated! Installation: 1) Download file. 2) Put it into C:\Users\username\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent. 3) Test in game or server. Meanwhile, please find attached somewhat crappy video that demonstrates how this Blueprint performs in ScaleMap (for those who don't know, you can find it in \UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\RestrictedAssets\Maps): Notable differences in comparison with default movement: 1) Gravity that affects player has been increased. 2) Tighter hitbox, smaller headshot circle. 2) Wall dodge is the most powerful and fastest movement (besides falling ). The logic behind this is that kicking off the wall should give more power and impulse than kicking off the horizontal surface. Combine dodge/walldodge/floorslide and mouse seizures for maximum weeeeeee effect. 3) Dodge slide tuned down. 4) Sliding now significantly reduces falling damage (by 10 hitpoints) (like parkour style fall into roll). 5) Movement speed is 1000 and sprint speed reduced to 1200. 6) Sprint now kicks in quickly instead of long delay. Notes: 1. Hammer jump needs tweaking (maybe). 2. Rocket jump needs tweaking (maybe). 3. Some lift jumps and Jump Pads may be broken. Jump boots need more power. 4. 2/3 dodge bug fixed. 5. Weapon bob has to be tweaked per weapon (Enforcer and Bio Rifle moves around too much, Shock Rifle and Sniper - barely). It actually gives a notable difference in how the movement speed is perceived. 6. Swimming needs some tweaking too.
    Last edited by Hayrack; 08-30-2016, 03:19 PM. Reason: Outdated post

Hi [MENTION=262040]Hayrack[/MENTION], I missed this thread completely.

I'll give it a go sometime today and give you some feedback.

Welcome to the forums.... thanks for taking the time to contribute. Sorry you didn't get any feedback.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Ahh, one thing to note for future. You edited your top post without posting a new post. So the thread isn't on the first page anymore and if anyone subscribed to thread they only get notified of new posts, not edits.

So in future, edit top post, but also post a new post saying you've updated it.

People have read it (166 views at time of writing), but as the mutator wasn't released yet, they may have decided to skip commenting until they tried it.
      Last edited by richardboegli; 03-02-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I've only tried a few things as I'm not very good at wall dodging in general and I didn't get high enough to test fall damage.

Originally posted by Hayrack View Post
        Update:
        Notable differences in comparison with default movement:

1) Gravity that affects player has been increased.
        Noticeable, falling felt less floaty
        Originally posted by Hayrack View Post
        5) Movement speed is 1000 and sprint speed reduced to 1200.
        6) Sprint now kicks in quickly instead of long delay.
        Getting up to speed faster was great.

I'll have to play it a bit more to be able to compare the rest.

Comment

Mutator update

Ummm... Not sure why text formatting is broken. All text gets packed into one block... Update: Added new version of the mutator. Here is the new Default character that I tweaked while thinking that: 1) UT movement should be snappier; 2) vehicles inevitably will be implemented; 3) base movement mechanics define balance of weapons and vehicles; 4) hitbox should be tighter and current headshot detection radius favor spamming in the name of showing off instead of displaying one's true skill. Download mutator: Links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z...ew?usp=sharing Installation: 1) Download file. 2) Put it into C:\Users\username\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent. 3) Test in game or server. Notable differences in comparison with default movement: 1) Gravity that affects player has been increased. 2) Tighter hitbox, smaller headshot circle. 3) Falling is less forgiving but you can use slide to reduce damage. 4) Movement speed is 950 and sprint speed reduced to 1220. 5) Sprint now kicks in quickly instead of long delay. 6) Reduced braking friction. Increased ground friction to allow circle strafing. Strafing favors short steps in confined area for maximum direct aim avoidance but introduces disadvantage against splash damage. 7) Balanced FOV improves feeling of speed. Mine is 107 at 1366x768. Notes: 1. Hammer jump needs tweaking (maybe). 2. Rocket jump needs tweaking (maybe). 3. Some lift jumps and Jump Pads may be broken. Jump boots need more power. 4. Weapon bob has to be tweaked per weapon (Enforcer and Bio Rifle move around too much, Shock Rifle and Sniper - barely). It actually gives a notable difference in how the movement speed is perceived.

Comment

Working...
          X