Pickup radius feels too small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickup radius feels too small

Does anyone else feel like you basically have to walk on top of an item to pick it up? Most of the times I feel like I should have picked up the item already but.. I just didn't.

Yes I feel the same way. Especially when walking backwards.
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I feel the same as well, frequently missing vital items because of it.
      Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I don't know if they changed anything related to this in the current build, but I've had several occasions where I was surprised I hadn't picked up the item and had to go back for it.

Comment

yes, happens in every game, super annoying in CTF when you can't grab or return flags for some miraculous reason, or when you can't take belt when fighting in duel. gotten much worse since player scale increase

Comment

Yeah I've noticed this too. I've found myself having to backtrack a couple steps to pick an item up... Happens a lot too when walking backwards as richardboegli said.

Comment

I'm not even sure that's it too small, but rather it feels extremely inconsistent. So many times, a flag is returned when it shouldn't have been, or a flag isn't returned when it should have been. It feels very random.
              Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

I noticed the same problem, many times I thought that I picked up item, but in fact it stay where it was

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Definitely have to agree about the pickup radius. I feel like it didn't increase with the scale change and that's the problem? Flag might be a different story.

Sometimes it's kinda ridiculous:

Comment

yea i can't count the amount of times i thought i had the flag when i just hadn't picked it up... or times i thought i was picking up a gun while being shot at, only having the enforcer, and then still only have the enforcer

Comment

I've noticed this too...could be an issue with latency? I notice it when I try to quickly move in to pick up and then back out.

Comment

Originally posted by burawura View Post
                        I've noticed this too...could be an issue with latency? I notice it when I try to quickly move in to pick up and then back out.
                        Don't think so, I even have the issue in single player vs bots, the collisions for the pickups just seem very small compared to other games.
                        Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Certainly noticed it when I trans right to a location of armor or health and don't pick it up. I'll backtrack and get frustrated often over this.
                          Rig: AsRock Fatality X99X, Intel 5820K Haswell 6-Core, 16GB DDR4 2400 G.SKILL Ripjaws, Asus GTX 970 STRIX, CoolerMaster HAF 932 Case, CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum, SoundBlaster Z, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB(OS), Samsung 840 EVO 500GB(Game), WD Black 1TB(Data), Win 10.

Comment

Can we have at least some feedback on this? I've been playing a lot of PUG's lately, and its seriously infuriating.
                            It seems that you have to be closer to the enemies flag than a defender to pick it up.

TWICE, I have stood close enough to the flag that it can be perceived to go through my character, in the first occasion, cafe dodged into me AND PICKED IT UP
                            Second occasion, someone dodging to the flag stand scored.

These are only the most infuriating moments, as both put my team down a score, but it happens in almost every game...

Comment

Too much of the game has been "written" using blueprints imo. It's prone to silly bugs just like this one, while also being more difficult to debug, as BPs are insufficient for designing things clearly, logically, and concisely.
                              Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Working...
                              X