Why did you change crouch again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you change crouch again?

I was using the same button for crouch and slide prior to this build very effectively, it would crouch unless I was moving pretty fast.

Now it literally slides if I barely move OR it won't slide at all if I remove that check box. I don't understand why you changed it again, pretty sure this was an issue in an earlier build too. I personally don't use two different keys for crouch and slide and I don't have an extra key to use effectively to do so. Just don't quite understand why this was changed when it was working great.

I'd like an option to have it back on the the same key as well, with the ability to only slide after a dodge. Basically, make it like it was before but add the option to move it to a separate key.

Comment

Yep it was fine the way it was.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I just binded it to the same key as my crouch and it works the same.
        NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
        My movies on YouTube:
        UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
        , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
        UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Yes, this bothers me more than the obtrusive HUD as it literally made me lose out on items or die several times already. I'm thankful Epic listened to the community request of having a separate slide key, but please give us back the option to slide on crouch, but ONLY if you dodged beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
            I just binded it to the same key as my crouch and it works the same.
            Not true. It does not work the same way as before. Right now even if you barely move you'll slide if you use the same key. It completely throws off precise movement quite a lot and makes it hard to actually crouch quickly and then aim, often times I just slide now. It's annoying.

Adding an option to slide after a dodge as it was, is perfect. Right now I feel like I'm slipping everywhere.

Comment

it does mean you can just slide everywhere
              but yeah, it's annoying to move and then crouch, and you slide off a high platform or something

Comment

I think the bigger issue is the dictation from Epic on how people should play, its not the first instance of this and I dont expect it to be the last. I got no issues with Epic adding new keys, new options or keeping old ones, bringing legacy ones back, what I do have a problem with is the lack of options from the outset when changes are made. We are basically forced to use and test even bad input with no options to revert, this type of mentality really has to be let go, I understand Epic wants the best but they keep saying its prealpha yet make no allowances for us users who have to play their buggy game, they know its gonna be buggy before they release or people might not like new options so why not plan for that rather than just sitting back acting shocked when people get upset.
                Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

completely agree on having an option to have it on one key! there is not enough keys to bind so many movement mechanics when u also have 10 weapons to bind

Comment

Well, at least for you this checkbox works - for me checkbox "Slide while crouching in movement" doesn't change anything anymore. It was working fine before latest update and now the only way I can slide is by pressing separate slide key - which is very, very annoying. Sadly profile reset, assigning sliding to same key as crouching, using dodges won't help - only way I can slide is by pressing the slide key. Hopefully they will fix the checkbox soon enough, because right now game feels like somebody chopped off one of my legs.

Comment

The whole slide mechanic has changed. It does a small jump and then slides. This allows you to slide from a stand still without even jumping which is quite stupid in my eyes. Your problem probably lies there. If you use the same key for crouching and sliding, it will automatically do the slide. Only way around this is to bind two separate keys for crouching and sliding. I already did this but I guess some (or maybe a lot, I don't know) of you guys don't. I think that Epic might have made the change so that people stop just sliding while running and only really slide after a dodge or jump. They need to make an option to fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bing161029 View Post
                        The whole slide mechanic has changed. It does a small jump and then slides. This allows you to slide from a stand still without even jumping which is quite stupid in my eyes. Your problem probably lies there. If you use the same key for crouching and sliding, it will automatically do the slide. Only way around this is to bind two separate keys for crouching and sliding. I already did this but I guess some (or maybe a lot, I don't know) of you guys don't. I think that Epic might have made the change so that people stop just sliding while running and only really slide after a dodge or jump. They need to make an option to fix this problem.
                        They've said they won't fix it, it is by design.

But, read below.

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                        Small jump has been removed in this build (2016-08-29) which is great.

After previous build (2016-07-13) removing the ability to have slide and crouch on the same key frustrated me to no end as I had the muscle memory.
                        BUT as I had moved crouch to C and slide to CTRL by accident I found that if you dodge (either with double tap or single tap dodge) and then press crouch you will slide.
                        So I've been able to change crouch back to CTRL.
                        This actually works really well and I've reset my muscle memory after a month of use.
                        I never use the slide key anymore.

The only thing that I think slide needs now is the ability to cancel slide as using it is too predictable as it is a long movement.

This could be achieved two ways:
                        1) Make it such that slide is active only when slide key or crouch after dodge is held down (more intuitive)
                        2) Tap crouch / slide key again to cancel slide (this is not so intuitive)
                        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

interesting. I noticed a change in the binding regarding crouch/dodge/slide, but because i had not played for months i did not quite remember how i had it. I guess I had crouch and slide on ctrl and one button dodge on shift.
                          now im thinking what would be the best solution for me starting playing a bit more regulary again.
                          i will try the dodge-slide suggestion, but am open for other good ideas

Comment

I just wish that slide would crouch you if you didn't have enough forward momentum. I used to have 2 crouch buttons with one also bound to slide but that functionality was removed :[
                            :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
                              I just wish that slide would crouch you if you didn't have enough forward momentum. I used to have 2 crouch buttons with one also bound to slide but that functionality was removed :[
                              I thought thats how it worked now, i mean i got a crouch button and a slide button, i am able to slide with the crouch if i have momentum but from memory and i didnt check just now there is a box to tick that says something about momentum sliding so i could be wrong.
                              Join the community Facebook page
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Working...
                              X