No announcement yet.

Why did you change crouch again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally would prefer double-tap crouch to slide with a slider that's also existing for also double-tap dodge in order to tune how quickly you have to double tap in order to be able to eliminate those annoying cases of accidentaly sliding. Keep accidentaly sliding -> adjust the double-tap delay to be shorter and vice versa.

For me that would work best, being able to slide whenever I want and crouch easily whenever I want on the same key. Also it should ignore crouch key if it's being held down after the slide is performed and you would have to release the crouch button in order to be able to crouch again. Because it's annoying having to release crouch button after a slide is performed (release crouch too soon and you get less of a momentum and too long and the momentum is killed as the player goes straight into crouch).

To simplify:

- Double-tap crouch to slide
    - Add a double-tap to slide delay slider to tweak how quickly you have to double-tap crouch to perform a slide
    - Ignore crouch after a double-tap slide is performed and the key is hold down (have to release the crouch button to crouch again), releasing it prematurely before slide move is finished will end the slide immediatly though
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 09-16-2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
      I thought thats how it worked now, i mean i got a crouch button and a slide button, i am able to slide with the crouch if i have momentum but from memory and i didnt check just now there is a box to tick that says something about momentum sliding so i could be wrong.
      It lets you slide using the crouch button yes but it doesn't let you crouch using the slide button which is what I want :/
      :|

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
        - Double-tap crouch to slide
        - Add a double-tap to slide delay slider to tweak how quickly you have to double-tap crouch to perform a slide
        - Ignore crouch after a double-tap slide is performed and the key is hold down (have to release the crouch button to crouch again), releasing it prematurely before slide move is finished will end the slide immediatly though

That's the way I'd prefer as well although I would like to keep or go into the crouch state when the key is still pressed after the slide is done. Currently, I do slide too often accidentally and falling off legdes... simply frustating. It just happens too often if you're used to crouch at ledges in order to not fall off of it. Speaking of crouch, double tab generally was used to toggle crouch where you could double tap the key and don't need to keep pushing it but staying crouched. Double-tab slide shouldn't interfere with such feature (if it will be implemented somewhen, not sure atm if it already is).
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
          It lets you slide using the crouch button yes but it doesn't let you crouch using the slide button which is what I want :/
          Yea I'm in the same boat, I need this, I don't like the current setup.
          NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
          My movies on YouTube:
          UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
          , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
          UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Once upon a time we were able to hold the crouch to crouch and double tap the same button to slide worked in a build then it was changed so its not like they never got it to work like that, i wonder what the problem was and why it was changed.
            Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Probably because you couldn't slide from a dodge with that system. I'm just annoyed that epic have removed double binding from the game, it solves a number of issues.
              :|

Comment

Originally posted by DushaD View Post
                Well, at least for you this checkbox works - for me checkbox "Slide while crouching in movement" doesn't change anything anymore. It was working fine before latest update and now the only way I can slide is by pressing separate slide key - which is very, very annoying. Sadly profile reset, assigning sliding to same key as crouching, using dodges won't help - only way I can slide is by pressing the slide key. Hopefully they will fix the checkbox soon enough, because right now game feels like somebody chopped off one of my legs.
                I was downloading updates time from time - and this last one has this issue fixed.
                Finally, I thought, after almost 1 year of interruption UT pre-alpha is playable again.

And then immediately discovered that direction keys are now hardcoded/hard-configured for rotation - so movement, dodging, etc became really tricky (yes, I'm so nab that I'm playing with direction keys).

UPD: Dropped this block:
                AxisMappings=(AxisName="TurnRate",Key=Left,Scale=-1.000000)
                AxisMappings=(AxisName="TurnRate",Key=Right,Scale=1.000000)

From any Input.ini config I could find in UT folders - and it worked.
                Last edited by DushaD; 03-09-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X