Climbing animation along with jumping and climbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climbing animation along with jumping and climbing

Have you ever seen some footage from the new game DOOM? The climbing animation is so cool, like the hand grabbing the thing your climbing and stuff, and that woud be perfect for this game sense it really looks like that game DOOM. Also the jumping. The jumping in this game is not really good. It would be nice to have ability to interact more with the environment. Double jumps upgrade would be nice . And lets not forget the blood and terror of real tournament, you just cant have a tournament without more blood. The way I see it, you have a possibility of either making it more bloody, or less, its up to you. If you like some of my ideas, please do something that creators might notiss and eventually bring into the game . It woud really mean lot to me and I think it coud make this game a lot better.

#Zinomorf'srocks xD
    Last edited by _Lynx; 06-14-2016, 01:03 PM.

It wouldn't be a bad idea.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

The double jump was already discussed to death. It's no, period. (Except with mutators and modes ofc)

As for the climbing animation... I'm not sure I'm for it. For me it's more a waste of time than anything else, as I have to wait the full animation to be played before I can do anything, like shooting, which will probably have more chance to save my life if an enemy is waiting me at the edge of a platform than of I'm actually in an animation to climb.

Comment

Honestly if you feel like you need to be able to climb you are just not moving around the environment right. You need to spectate the top players and watch some videos from 3rd person so you can see how to move in UT then you won't even care about having some useless climbing feature.

Comment

I think this is not a good idea, Unreal is a fast game create animations for those special movements would make the game less nervous. We should keep the same movements feeling like in the old Unreal (like UT99).
          "Au train où vont les choses, les choses où vont les trains vont cesser d'être des gares." - Pierre Dac

Comment

This perhaps can work if hold jump button and falls from top dawn, not jump dawn top. Create topic https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ld-jump-button , do not read a lot of forum. It was enough to write one post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriushka View Post
              This perhaps can work if hold jump button and falls from top dawn, not jump dawn top. Create topic https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ld-jump-button , do not read a lot of forum. It was enough to write one post here.
              OK Nathan Drake, front flip period drop mic
              Join the community Facebook page
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Working...
              X