rolls/ slide from standing position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rolls/ slide from standing position

again?!!!!!!!!!!! why did we remove this? was it op? or shall we take away every bit of creativity one can use in fight? i miss it so much i never found sliding very valuable after dodge or jump but side rolling was actually useful now i feel deprived of options

They forced a little "hop" before actually beginning the animation of the slide. Just hold a direction and hold down your slide button - it will hop then slide.

I'm 50/50 on this because it does help the transition between running and sliding, and it will probably help to make iCTF feel less braindead. But it does take some control away when you want to slide under objects close to you. So I dunno, we'll see.
    ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
    Frag video featuring Rookie
    Frag video featuring Phantaci
    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

i do not want dedicated slide key, just how much keys can you effectively bind really one tap dodge, call your mom bind, suicide bind slide bind i have 10 weapons on top of it a jump and a crunch which i love to use (thanks allmighty gohlink) i loved that i could press direction key and crunch at the same time and side roll, i am honestly out of keys to bind minding that movement bind has to be either something pressed with pinkie or thumb or binded to mouse side buttons, now if it makes sense to someone to jump be4 rolling which logically it does not, why not have movment key+crunch trigger it anyway.

Comment

That little hop seems to have rendered slide entirely useless. Too slow for combat, too clunky to slide under things.

Maybe a long cooldown on it would prevent abusing slide in fights (5-10s?). It doesn't have to make sense
        spam.doog

Comment

doog pls <3 needs no cool down also ye it is near useless now

Comment

Think it is much better to get slide back as it was before. Now it is not slide, it is slide-jump, slow, awkward and strange action.

Or add two options in settings, as it was before and as it is now. Also do not understand why need to have these changes, if slide was not OP in previous builds. In the first builds where the slide works right in movement and standing position.

1) Slide in movement using slide button
            2) Slide in standing using slide button
            3) Crouch in movement and standing using crouch button

If slide from standing position looks strange maybe it would be better to replace the hop to the small acceleration in movement and slide activation after that.
            Last edited by Andriushka; 08-05-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

imho the far more more annoying thing about sliding is the increased duration. It take so long that it's not viable for dodging hitscan anymore. The enemy can just wait it out, and shoot you and the end of it. btw. This is the second time they nerfed slide. Imho the duration should be player controlled. Hold down crouch to slide for as long as you want until you stop. You should be able to slide down ramps gaining movement speed as well(I talked about this on another thread).

But yeah, the little jump in the beginning is bad as well. Sliding used to be a good and fun mechanic (sliding under shots while simultaneously landing a headshot with your own sniper will never get old), but it's useless now.
              Check out my work!
              | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
              | Localization

Comment

Working...
              X