Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make sprint the highest move speed from acceleration, instead of walking for 3 second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sprint the highest move speed from acceleration, instead of walking for 3 second

So when you start walking from a stopped position, or starting moving in an opposite direction, you have to decelerate, and then accelerate in the direction you desire. I propose making sprint just the basic move speed after fully accelerating. This means that strafing back and forth won't be any faster than it currently is, but also that dodging won't be the fastest way across the map, unless for trick jumps.

I think that this element is difficult or superfluous in UT, becouse

1) This requared use a new specific button. Double pressing move buttons is not good for holding keyboard button after the first press.
    2) Movement in the UT game implies that the soldiers are running as fast as possible
    3) This sprint is not attacking action, can not normally attack during this sprint action unlike jump, dodge, or sliding or fall dawn
    4) Running animation in the first person does not work properly here, because sight does not change its position and size in UT, and sprint without change weapon position in hands looks very strange

I am not sure I wrote about the sprint in UT before or not, probably not. Certain item may accelerate the general movement of the player and running animation in the first person will looks good, but the single sprint action probably looks weird in UT. Now sliding or single tap dodge have some kinds of sprint element.

Comment

Working...
    X