Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding to the (Melee) Moves - Pancake and Kickflip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding to the (Melee) Moves - Pancake and Kickflip?

So we have Pancake where you land on someone from above and it does a small amount of damage;

How about expanding on that and the combat dynamics in general by adding the ability to dodge off other players as if they were walls,
    and adding a small damage melee attack w/animation - Kickflip (or some other cool ones) - when you do that?

Thoughts?

Well currently players are unable to contact eachother when moving, they just walk through each other. Im not against melee attacks, but i have a hard time seeing them being implemented properly into UT. If the melee was something super fast and simple, id be on board, but if we were talking Doom style melee, nope.
    PayBack

Comment

I approve of this. At least two things, with more than one animation, but both are fast. Perhaps a punch and a kick will do.

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
        Well currently players are unable to contact eachother when moving, they just walk through each other. Im not against melee attacks, but i have a hard time seeing them being implemented properly into UT. If the melee was something super fast and simple, id be on board, but if we were talking Doom style melee, nope.
        You can definitely make contact with enemies, though...but to pull out melee like in reflex and get a quick hit in though is not feasible with hammer & weapon switch being slow. So I figured maybe a small damage + dodging away from the enemy would be another nice way to reward making direct contact with enemies other than the mario style. It'd be really situational just like mario style but fun to try for in those instances where the opportunity arises. Awkward times in close combat when both players are waiting on a reload...or if you run into someone unexpectedly...makes sense to me that you'd want to kick them away

Comment

Working...
        X