No announcement yet.

Am i alone in hoping dodge isnt activated by double taps but by some new method

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i alone in hoping dodge isnt activated by double taps but by some new method

Maybe its because im an older gamer now but double tapping the keys kills my hand and i'd love an option to dodge with a newer more comfy keystroke.

i asked this question on r/pcgaming and was told most players use a script for the double tap. if true then please rethink how dodging activates in the game

edit: i meant to say "as an alternative" not replace entirely .. that would be a **** move
    Last edited by Liberty or Ruin; 05-08-2014, 08:12 PM.

I have never met a player that uses a script. Seems kind of cheap.

It's what makes this game UT, so I definitely wouldnt like change. Maybe change the double tap speed?
    http://i.imgur.com/0SoRpkF.png

Comment

another thought is if kept as it is with double tapping what about and option for an alternative method

Comment

I see no harm in allowing an alternate method like holding SHIFT to active dodge too like it is done in Supraball. Competitive players could change that binding to use SHIFT for ducking again. Also an option would be great to disable the double press dodge too if players only want to only use the modifier key+movement method and not accidentally dodge using the other.

But stuff like that is really minor at this state:P
        Last edited by stfx; 05-08-2014, 05:05 PM.
        My Game Dev Portfolio

Comment

It would certainly be jarring if we couldn't dodge by double-tap.

Comment

Originally posted by stfx View Post
            I see no harm in allowing an alternate method like holding SHIFT to active dodge too like it is done in Supraball. Competitive players could change that binding to use SHIFT for ducking again. Also an option would be great to disable the double press dodge too if players only want to only use the modifier key+movement method and not accidentally dodge using the other.

But stuff like that is really minor at this state:P
            definitely a minor thing to anyone else but to anyone like me unable to dodge because of the double taps , we're left in the competitive dust.

Comment

lol... meh
              Last edited by Chaos8192; 08-21-2014, 01:27 AM.

Comment

As long as it's still possible to dodge with double tap, and we have the option to set the double tap time limit, I'll be happy even if there is an alternative dodge activation.

Comment

yeah i wish i could rename the thread title (my mistake) i originally meant an alternative option not a complete change. lol that would be bad for most

Comment

I would just like to hold a dodge button like Warsow w/ out the need to double tap. Though of course the double tap option should still be implemented for those that like it.

Comment

As long as double tap is allowed I wouldn't be opposed to alternative method.

Comment

Originally posted by gzv View Post
                        +1 to this. If people want to change the control to some other method, go right ahead. But definitely keep the normal double-tap method. That is classic.

Comment

Originally posted by gzv View Post
                          another +1. I loved the double tap double jump. And its also core of the UT experience. do NOT remove double jump.

Comment

Would really an alternative for doging than double tap, like key modifier. As long of course as double tap is still an option.

Comment

Double tap also requires some sort of skill. That's why there are some players which are better than other in movement mechanis.

Quite all UT games do have the option to change the double tap speed (UT99 and UT3 does for sure). Also an option to disable dodge at all.
                              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                              X