Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gzv View Post
    Actually, yea. I love UT.

Even before I had a mechanical keyboard, zero.

Are we talking about different things? I'm referring to double-key tap to activate a single dodge. Nowhere have I mentioned dodge-jump, but now that you mention it, tapping spacebar after a dodge seems pretty easy to me.

Honestly, I'm not opposed to removing double-jump & dodge-jump so long as they keep wall-dodge.

i DID state that i LIKED the double tapping system movement ... I am just not selfish and looking out for the greater good because i am certain the game will have no chance in hell of overtaking the cods halos and battlefields if you have to do nonstop button mashing in order to play the game correctly. My ultimate dream is for a UT game to have a massive player count in the tens of thousands like tf2/CS etc for years and years to come... You know it.. and i know it... that there is absolutely zero chance of this happening if the game is button mashy. If it's button mashy.. it will be dead within a couple years or less.
    Last edited by kronx; 05-09-2014, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Hawken (UE3 game) actually has the option for both, a shift + direction or a double tap for boost/dodge. Having a shift + would be great for the few who use joysticks or gamepads. I don't see why more options would be a bad thing. I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kronx View Post
        Do you really feel like doing that for another 10 years?
        Yes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Nation Uprise View Post
          Hawken (UE3 game) actually has the option for both, a shift + direction or a double tap for boost/dodge. Having a shift + would be great for the few who use joysticks or gamepads. I don't see why more options would be a bad thing. I'm all for it.
          thats my suggestion all along.. the game absolutely needs dodging. Dodging is core to UT... all i'm saying is there needs to be alternative control schemes to perform the dodge as opposed to button mash combos that are on the same level as a street fighter game... That stuff just won't fly with the FPS audience of today.. as sad as that is.

This game needs to have nearly 100k people playing at any given time like CS and tf2 have. It needs to be top 5 on steam in player count. This game needs to pry the FPS world championship title from the cold dead hands of the cods,battlefields, halos, destinies, military shooter clones of the world that have been casting a dark shadow across the FPS scene for the last decade. There is virtually zero chance of this happening if ut4 is a button mashing game.
          Last edited by kronx; 05-09-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kronx View Post
            thats my suggestion all along.. the game absolutely needs dodging. Dodging is core to UT... all i'm saying is there needs to be alternative control schemes to perform the dodge as opposed to button mash combos that are on the same level as a street fighter game... That stuff just won't fly with the FPS audience of today.. as sad as that is.

This game needs to have nearly 100k people playing at any given time like CS and tf2 have. It needs to be top 5 on steam in player count. This game needs to pry the FPS world championship title from the cold dead hands of the cods,battlefields, halos, destinies, military shooter clones of the world that have been casting a dark shadow across the FPS scene for the last decade. There is virtually zero chance of this happening if ut4 is a button mashing game.
            Epic has added this feature since UC2, but oddly only ever lets it be used on consoles. I guess its for fear that everyone will use it because it seems "easier." I don't think any people already comfortable with double-tap will switch just because. Two keys are being pressed with both options anyway. One is the same key twice quickly the other two keys at once.

Comment

Originally posted by borgqueenx View Post
              another +1. I loved the double tap double jump. And its also core of the UT experience. do NOT remove double jump.
              +1 to this. Double tap is crucial, but providing players who don't like it an alternative is worth considering. Of course, I can't imagine what kind of an alternative could possibly exist that would place players using it on an even playfield with players double tapping and that wouldn't upset those who don't like the double tap. Still, if a good suggestion comes forth...

Comment

Double tap require some time to master. I took some time until i stop to kill myself in lavagiant because of wrong double taps lol

Btw. Double tap dodge must stay. Its one of my favorite features.
                Last edited by Ph0eniX; 05-09-2014, 05:24 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

i'd definately prefer the nostalgic doubletap

Comment

I don't mind double tap, I actually prefer it.

Comment

Working...
                    X