Allow dodging without double tapping by adding an optional dodge key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonret View Post
    @Tidal Blast: I think what tigerclaw meant, is that he wants to be able to bind Q to "dodge left" and E to "dodge right". I would also LOVE to have this option in the Control Settings menu. I would totally bind that to Q and E instead of double tapping or using the "Single Tap Dodge" key.
    What would you use for forward and backward dodging? Maybe 2 and X, 3 and Z or 4(4ward) and R(Reverse).
    I use to be a tournament competitor like you till I got concrete to the knee.

Comment

Single type dodge key is nice for fast wall dodges. Play UT4 without this key would be a torture for my 3 movement fingers. Maybe they can implement Keys for dodge to each direction, but this would be a real waste of keyboard imo.

btw, they can create a Custom Dodge key, that you can set your own dodge degrees and how many dodge settings you want for you keyboard/mouse etc.

Last edited by Raizen99UT; 10-09-2015, 01:37 AM.
      .:KmK:.Raizen

Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
      CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
      CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

Comment

I came searching for this thread after having a slightly off-topic discussion about single tap dodge in the thread: Where is WALK?

I am a HUGE fan of Single Tap Dodge. I never really used dodge in UT99,03,04 or UT3 as I could never really get use to it, for two reasons:

A) other games that I played, Q2, HL, CS, Q3 etc... didn't have it and bunny hopping was used more, which is similar to how I have used the Single Tap Dodge.
        B) I have a tendency to hold forward (W) most of the time and having to do a forward dodge, would be really awkward and I'd struggle to pull it off in time.

While I'm not here to debate Keyboard vs Controller, the Single Tap Dodge also allows for people who use controllers to be able to dodge, which opens it up for use by more players.

I've done a few test using an Xbox 360 controller and having Single Tap Dodge on RB is really useful.

I'll be doing a few other tests with dodging as I am looking to optimise my layout: What alternatives to WASD for movement are people using and introducing WESD
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

yes shift key has got my vote.

Comment

I'm not sure what the solution is because I don't mind the dodges, but I really hate how they limit my own movement and dodge. I make so many micro adjustments all the time - I always wind up dodging when I do not want to dodge at all. Not sure what the solution is, but it's annoying. Coming from a long time Quakeworld/Quakelive player... game feels not bad though otherwise. Part of me wishes I could more easily go faster, but I can live with how it is excepting the dodge mechanic implementation. I think the shift + direction idea is a pretty decent one... much more precise.

Comment

Reduce the dodge delay
              "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
              - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                Reduce the dodge delay
                Is there a way to do this in console? I thought about this, but I think it still wouldn't function as well in the end.

Comment

Check Control settings, on the Movement Tab, option named "Dodge Double-Click Time"
                  "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                  - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Working...
                  X