Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bunny Hop Desperation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bunny Hop Desperation

    Anyway to cut down the cheesy bunny hopping (jump) act of desperation move? Maybe add a forward or back flip with a double tap of the movement keys while in the air? You can't shoot during a flip but sometimes you just need to get away more then attempt a shot.

    #2
    Originally posted by RemeberMe View Post
    Anyway to cut down the cheesy bunny hopping (jump) act of desperation move? Maybe add a forward or back flip with a double tap of the movement keys while in the air? You can't shoot during a flip but sometimes you just need to get away more then attempt a shot.
    Honestly, I think people underutilize the options available to them. I've killed a lot of fully-equipped people immediately after spawn with impact hammer. Most people would die in that situation because they try to run away.

    Bad spawns are an issue, but everyone gets them occasionally and they're not something I see as a pervasive problem since everyone gets a bad spawn once in a while. I can't give you some amazing rationale for why not, but I just don't like the idea of special escape mechanics. I don't want battle movement and escape movement. I just want good movement.
    I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

    Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BoboTheBrave View Post
      Honestly, I think people underutilize the options available to them. I've killed a lot of fully-equipped people immediately after spawn with impact hammer. Most people would die in that situation because they try to run away.

      Bad spawns are an issue, but everyone gets them occasionally and they're not something I see as a pervasive problem since everyone gets a bad spawn once in a while. I can't give you some amazing rationale for why not, but I just don't like the idea of special escape mechanics. I don't want battle movement and escape movement. I just want good movement.
      I don't think your answer pertains to my question. I am not talking about spawning or anything with that close of a combat. Nobody pulls out an impact hammer under the conditions I am talking about.

      Comment


        #4
        I don't understand what you're suggesting or what problem you're attempting to address.

        Comment


          #5
          When a person is trying to not get killed because they are in a fairly short distance combat but the other person has them greatly outgunned or out pinged (lower connection lag) it requires they resort to hopping (jumping) like a bunny. The hammer gun isn't even available in every map. I just figure some other type of dodge move would be nice. Judging by how widely used this desperation bunny hopping is I'd say I wasn't wrong.

          Comment


            #6
            So what's the problem exactly?
            UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
            ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

            Comment


              #7
              I don't know what you mean either. A player just single jumping around (not dodging) is soon to be dead meat.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by RemeberMe View Post
                I don't think your answer pertains to my question. I am not talking about spawning or anything with that close of a combat. Nobody pulls out an impact hammer under the conditions I am talking about.
                Bad spawns are a pretty good example of an uneven battle you might want to evade. That said, I'm still against your proposal of a special escape tactic and like others don't see the point. You kill them or they kill you. You move evasively or you die. There's no need for a special move to get away. You can already get away with wall jumps, lift jumps, dodges... ...or like any good player, by killing your opponent. I seldom see anyone running away. You fight or die. If you die, you respawn. Such is the nature of the game.

                Occasional uneven battles are not a problem that needs to be fixed. They're normal and, within the duration of a full match, tend to even out.
                I went by B0T0X in UT2k4, BoboTheBrave in UT3. If you remember me, send me a PM!

                Remember? I was the one running backward with the flag!

                Comment


                  #9
                  He is talking about a bug that is in UT99. Bunny hopping requires a boost from another person or by a bouncer and before you land you jump. This will create a bounce and if you want to keep going you continue to bounce. This is a cheap tactic, it is mostly used in BT. This tactic is banable in competitive matches.
                  Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jslA...e_gdata_player
                  Last edited by SDAHeatWave; 07-31-2014, 11:55 AM.
                  History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                  UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                  UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                  UT Main Menu Design

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Looks like strafe jumping.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I just meant when two players start jumping up and down shooting each other around and around. Just looks kind of pathetic and would be nice if there was something else you can use to evade.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by RemeberMe View Post
                        I just meant when two players start jumping up and down shooting each other around and around. Just looks kind of pathetic and would be nice if there was something else you can use to evade.
                        I have only ever seen new players do that who don't know how a dodge is triggered.

                        So this is a none issue, you have standard movement/strafing, dodging, and vertical jump for certain situations. As I said before a player hopping around like that is an easy target.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X