Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post
    Everything in this game is slowed somehow and I have no idea why is that... Dodge feels so restricting it isn't funny to use it, the movement is not fun thanks to that. The slide is useles... Just look at Quake Champions, they copied the slide mechanic, but made it how it should be. It actually makes you go faster and you can get out of slide whenever you want. UT has the basics wrong and nothing seems to be improving. This game is dead.
    I actually think the dodging is fine, at least for right now anyway. I am a UT99 vet, and the dodging and the speed feel very good. The speed almost feels like one of the high speed servers that were run. I do agree with the sliding though, its implemented terribly, and really shouldn't be there at all. Ive disabled it altogether. Loving the game though, keep up the good work guys

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Everything in this game is slowed somehow and I have no idea why is that... Dodge feels so restricting it isn't funny to use it, the movement is not fun thanks to that. The slide is useles... Just look at Quake Champions, they copied the slide mechanic, but made it how it should be. It actually makes you go faster and you can get out of slide whenever you want. UT has the basics wrong and nothing seems to be improving. This game is dead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes it feels bad to lose all the speed before even starting the second dodge. Since there's an interval between dodges, losing the speed "slowly" until the next dodge is available would make the movement more fluid. I don't agree that the game feels slow, but it seems like either the dodge cooldown or deceleration isn't clearly thought out.

Since wall dodge doesn't even have a cd, regular dodge feels like it needs some help for consistency reasons.
    Last edited by Samanie; 05-22-2017, 02:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dodge landing deceleration

Dodge landing deceleration

Since the a&d spam has been fixed, why is there a need to basically make players hold still when they want to change directions upon landing from a dodge. This feature makes the game feel very sluggish, especially when players dodge into a trim or a wall, lose all of there momentum, but they're still not able to move for about half a second when they land...despite not having any momentum. Why not have the landing and changing direction acceleration/deceleration from a dodge be the same as the acceleration and deceleration from strafing in different directions, like in all of the other UT's. I know that with each new game, changes must be made or else you just get the same game but with better graphics; but, the changes usually have something to offer to the gameplay. Acceleration and deceleration are one of the key factors in a fast paced game. It's honestly starting to get to the point where call of duty feels faster than UT :/

(I know there will be some people who just say that players don't come to a complete stop when the land from dodging, thinking that they have dis-credited my criticism without addressing any of the points I made. So, when that scenario possibly happens... I know! it's just a little bit of an exaggeration to demonstrate how the movement feels while playing the game. When players land from a dodge, they either have to continue in the same direction in order to keep moving (which makes them an easy target) or very slowly change directions (which make them an easy target.))
    Last edited by 83R; 05-21-2017, 09:48 PM.
Working...
X