Controller Support Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller Support Needed

Come on Devs can you guys patch in controller support for Microsoft Windows Controllers ie: Xbox One Xbox 360 Controllers over Bluetooth /Wired I can't believe that here we are 2017 and the current build does not support Controllers. It is a rather broad assumption that all beta testers have access to a mouse and keyboard. For instance my current setup is my rig hooked up to my UHD TV. I use an airplay mouse with keyboard all in one and I have my Xbox one controller connected via Bluetooth to my PC. So I can game in bed or on couch with my 65 inch UHD TV. I can guarantee that I'm not alone in this many people do this kind of setup. Home Theater PCsystem steam box lots. It was unbelievable that I downloaded UT installed got all ready for fragfest controller in hand then nothing.

As far as I know there is basic support of controllers in the game, as UE4 can do this. Not sure why I didn't pickup your controller. As for an extensive and proper controller support - it requires time and resources, and the team is small and is currently focused on other things.

P.S. in before all the "Get a mouse and keyboard if you want to be good in this game" posts – I will delete those. The thread is not about that.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I can verify that the game-play is accessible with gamepads. My Logitech F710 funcitons in Xinput mode with the game. There are already some functions in the game which help the game be more playable with a controller while unecessary for KB/M players, such as thumbstick button hud menu's and the single-press dodge. Some(maybe more) Input.ini configuration edits do work similarly as they have in past unreal games; if menus are not yet present.
      Last edited by NickG; 06-06-2017, 10:17 AM. Reason: being nicer

Comment

Just so you know though the controller will never "feel" right like it does in say CoD, Halo, or UT3 on console. Console games are designed around the controller. The developers implement all kinds of things to the controller and gameplay to make movement and looking around feel butter smooth. When you plug a controller into a PC its just not the same. You can tweak deadzones and sensitivities until your head explodes it will not feel like it does on console. And because of that you will usually get owned by m/k players.

VCTF though is fun with controller. I used to leave one plugged in and switched when I jumped in vehicle just because it was more fun to drive and do flag runs with a controller.
        Last edited by ness 710; 06-07-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Greets 1headshotdeluxe! Another possible combination that could work for you is pad/mouse, with Joy2Key.
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

KB/M users don't even have directinput yet. I don't know what controllers use, but it's probably related.
            Originally posted by Mysterial
            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              I can verify that the game-play is accessible with gamepads. My Logitech F710 funcitons in Xinput mode with the game. There are already some functions in the game which help the game be more playable with a controller while unecessary for KB/M players, such as thumbstick button hud menu's and the single-press dodge. Some(maybe more) Input.ini configuration edits do work similarly as they have in past unreal games; if menus are not yet present.
              Just tried the game with my XBone controller, works just fine but turning speed is slow as ***. We need controller settings and especially a look speed adjustment.

Comment

Look speed is adjustable by ini edit. Watch out, this setting also adjust look speed for mouse and will make it ridiculously fast, so rem before playing with mouse again.
                I downloaded this game awhile back and have still not been able to enjoy it because I've been waiting awhile now for an option to change my look speed with a

Comment

if you happen to have Xpadder this will work.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-using-xpadder

Comment

i use a scuff controller and cant figure out how to use it at all. nothing registers while using. i bought this controller with the belief that i could use it on both PC and Console. I hope i can use it soon. or at least download a free mod to allow me to do so.

Comment

my controller does not work on fornite with my pc

Comment

cool story, bro

Comment

Working...
                        X