X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] 2k4 Movement Mutator

Hey guys,

I've been toying around with this mutator and how to get it built and everything for a few days now. I mostly did it just to see if it would work, now I'll let everyone else mess around with it if they want. I know a build will probably come out in the next couple days and I will have to do this again, but whatever. Also, I know this could be done easily with a blueprint, I wanted to try it with a C++ mutator instead of an entire player class just to see if it would work

You can download the mutator here:
    https://ut.rushbase.net/brizz/Mods/N...k4Movement.zip

To install it, just unzip the archive to your UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Plugins folder. You should get a folder called M2k4Movement.

To run it, just open the game, go into the console, and type 'open DM-ASDF?Mutator=M2k4Movement.M2k4Movement' and it will start the game with the mutator.

I also included Server binaries for Win64 and Linux. Sorry, I can't build for Mac and snore to Win32

Let me know what you think I will try to post a sample video later.

P.S. This is just something I did for fun, as I said above there are other ways to do this but I decided to do it this way

EDIT (11/07): Updated to work with latest build, made wall dodge jump work
    EDIT (11/14): Updated to work with latest build
    EDIT (11/17): Really updated to work with the 11/14 build.
    Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 11-17-2014, 04:52 AM.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

doesnt work for me bro

Comment

Originally posted by darky01 View Post
      doesnt work for me bro
      Are you using the 10/31 build?

Did you extract it to the right folder?

Does it give you an error?
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Works for me... linux client.

Dude, what ever you did, i can now singletab boost dodge from walls and wall double jump! That feels just awesome! You opened pandoras mighty box of trickjumping!
        Last edited by the_lc; 11-05-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

And no... That does not feel like 2k4 for me, the movement is still more grounded and that blends in with the current maps very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by the_lc View Post
            And no... That does not feel like 2k4 for me, the movement is still more grounded and that blends in with the current maps very nicely.
            I agree. It really doesn't feel like 2k4 because the rest of the movement is exactly the same. It does feel kind of like what I expect something like 2k4 would have been like without 2k3, though

Comment

Yeah it's a little disconcerting how well it works. I had fun with it, and I look forward to trying it with others online.
              BeyondUnreal Podcast
              r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

feels much better than the original gameplay style... only one thing is missing: walldodgejump - then the movement would be nearly perfect

Comment

Well, it's not as floaty as UT2004, but I hate the dodge jump :P

Comment

You should make it configurable so people can share their setups. I built a generic 'Custom Movement' mutator a while back which you can use as a reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...omMovement.zip
                    Last edited by Trev; 11-05-2014, 11:57 PM.
                    RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Comment

Originally posted by qa1L' View Post
                      feels much better than the original gameplay style... only one thing is missing: walldodgejump - then the movement would be nearly perfect
                      You can actually pull this off to ridiculous effect if you exploit the single tap wall dodge. Jump into a wall then press a strafe button plus jump at the exact same time. Enjoy

Comment

Oh wow, does that ever feel good.

Comment

This feels quite good! Makes it more fast paced, yet it does not blow up the scale.

That was what I expected when Epic said in the beginning they want to go with a more grounded movement but still give the feel of freedom th UT2kx series provided.

Would really like to play this online against others.

Nice work Sir Brizz. Werent you always against dodge jump?

Comment

cant wait to get home and test this out UT2004 RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                              You can actually pull this off to ridiculous effect if you exploit the single tap wall dodge. Jump into a wall then press a strafe button plus jump at the exact same time. Enjoy
                              Let me make a video about my findings this evening. I also want to test out if this can be exploited with jumpboots in combination.

Comment

Working...
                              X