Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movement Prototyper For Packaged Builds (Mutator)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [PROTOTYPE] Movement Prototyper For Packaged Builds (Mutator)

    LAST UPDATE May 28, 2015

    Here is the Movement Prototyper Mutator. This lets you adjust many properties of the character and movement prototypes without a subscription.

    If you have questions about what specific values are going to do, just ask. I or someone else can likely tell you what will happen if you change something.

    Meanwhile, tweak values and let me know what you like. This will give anyone who has the game the opportunity to give specific numerical feedback on the state of the movement. You can also share your INI here and we can all see what your movement prototype is like quite easily. The mutator does work online now. It is running custom prototypes on MANY servers. The mutator will send a message whenever someone joins or spectates telling them that the mutator is there along with a link to this page (tiny.cc/movementproto).

    Also, this time I have video evidence that something is happening! Yes, I stink at showing off movement and this is unedited. Sorry. All the music is from Archer and I hope he doesn't mind but it made the video far more interesting. The following video is a small example of what you can do with this mutator by yourself without subscribing or doing anything other than changing an INI file. (Yes, EnhancedMoves is a subset of this mutator)



    Installation
    Unzip the archive to wherever you installed UT. If you used the launcher the folder will be something like: UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Plugins folder. You should get a folder called Mutator_MovementPrototyper.

    Playing the Mutator
    Run UT, Click 'PLAY' and then 'Create a game...', the MovementPrototyper will show up in the list of available mutatpors if you installed it correctly. On first run, the game will create a configuration file in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\MovementPrototyper.ini that you can use to tweak values.

    Running On A Server
    1) Unzip the mutator to the directory <YOUR SERVER FOLDER>\UnrealTournament\Plugins, you should now have a folder <YOUR SERVER FOLDER>\UnrealTournament\Plugins\Mutator_MovementPrototyper
    2) Copy the values from your MovementPrototyper.ini to <YOUR SERVER FOLDER>\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\<PLATFORM>\MovementPrototyper.ini
    3) Start the server through the command line adding the following argument ?Mutator=Mutator_MovementPrototyper

    Example start command
    UE4Server UnrealTournament DM-Focus?TimeLimit=10?Game=DM?Mutator=Mutator_MovementPrototyper?botfill=3

    What's Included
    The zip file contains the mutator for Win64 and Linux clients and servers. Sorry, I have no way to build for Mac and if you're on Win32 please get a 64-bit OS.

    Download Links (updated May 28th for build)
    https://ut.rushbase.net/brizz/Mods/M...Prototyper.zip

    Known Issues
    • The weapon switch time vars work now, but the times for trans and impact hammer don't work yet.
    Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 05-28-2015, 01:24 PM.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

    #2
    Well alright! I put together 1:1 port of 2k4's movement for better contrast. Only thing I'm not sure about is the dodge reset time as I couldn't find any source for it.

    Code:
    [/Script/Mutator_MovementPrototyper.Mutator_MovementPrototyper]
    DefaultBaseEyeHeight=71.000000
    HealthMax=100
    SuperHealthMax=199
    DamageScaling=1.000000
    FireRateMultiplier=1.000000
    bSpawnProtectionEligible=True
    MaxSafeFallSpeed=2400.000000
    FallingDamageFactor=100.000000
    CrushingDamageFactor=2.000000
    EmoteSpeed=1.000000
    TeamPlayerIndicatorMaxDistance=2700.000000
    PlayerIndicatorMaxDistance=1200.000000
    MaxStackedArmor=200
    MaxWalkSpeed=880.000000
    WallDodgeTraceDist=50.000000
    MinAdditiveDodgeFallSpeed=-5000.000000
    MaxAdditiveDodgeJumpSpeed=700.000000
    MaxMultiJumpCount=2
    bAllowDodgeMultijumps=True
    bAllowJumpMultijumps=True
    bCountWallDodgeMultijumps=False
    MultiJumpImpulse=720.000000
    DodgeJumpImpulse=720.000000
    DodgeLandingSpeedFactor=0.190000
    DodgeJumpLandingSpeedFactor=0.190000
    DodgeResetInterval=0.350000
    DodgeJumpResetInterval=0.350000
    WallDodgeResetInterval=0.200000
    SprintSpeed=1250.000000
    SprintAccel=200.000000
    AutoSprintDelayInterval=2.000000
    LandingStepUp=40.000000
    LandingAssistBoost=380.000000
    MaxWalkSpeedCrouched=352.000000
    MaxWallDodges=99
    WallDodgeMinNormal=0.500000
    MaxConsecutiveWallDodgeDP=0.970000
    WallDodgeGraceVelocityZ=-2400.000000
    AirControl=0.350000
    MultiJumpAirControl=0.350000
    bAllowSlopeDodgeBoost=True
    WalkableFloorZ=0.695000
    MaxAcceleration=4096.000000
    MaxFallingAcceleration=4096.000000
    BrakingDecelerationWalking=6600.000000
    BrakingDecelerationFalling=0.000000
    BrakingDecelerationSwimming=300.000000
    GravityScale=0.882079
    DodgeImpulseHorizontal=1320.000000
    DodgeMaxHorizontalVelocity=1500.000000
    MaxStepHeight=51.000000
    NavAgentProps=0.000000
    CrouchedHalfHeight=64.000000
    RollHalfHeight=46.000000
    SlopeDodgeScaling=0.930000
    DodgeRollAcceleration=2000.000000
    MaxDodgeRollSpeed=920.000000
    DodgeRollDuration=0.450000
    DodgeRollBonusTapInterval=0.170000
    DodgeRollEarliestZ=-100.000000
    RollEndingSpeedFactor=0.500000
    FallingDamageRollReduction=6.000000
    MaxSwimSpeed=440.000000
    MaxWaterSpeed=440.000000
    Buoyancy=1.000000
    SwimmingWallPushImpulse=730.000000
    MaxMultiJumpZSpeed=200.000000
    JumpZVelocity=680.000000
    WallDodgeSecondImpulseVertical=420.000000
    DodgeImpulseVertical=420.000000
    WallDodgeImpulseHorizontal=1320.000000
    WallDodgeImpulseVertical=420.000000
    MaxSlideFallZ=-200.000000
    SlideGravityScaling=0.200000
    MinWallSlideSpeed=500.000000
    MaxSlideAccelNormal=0.000000
    RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

    Comment


      #3
      Oh wow, this is cool, I always wanted to mess with movement values but I ain't got 20 bucks. Thanks for making this mutator man!

      Comment


        #4
        For me it doesn't happen anything when I edit the ini file, it also just uses default movement config when loading the mutator. The 2k4Movement mutator worked fine for me though.

        Comment


          #5
          You have to run it once to create that INI. Then close the game to edit it, change for example the number of multijumps to 2+ just to see if it works. Run the game again, load up a map with the mutator and try multi jumping. The INI you need to edit is not the one inside the ZIP file.
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
            You have to run it once to create that INI. Then close the game to edit it, change for example the number of multijumps to 2+ just to see if it works. Run the game again, load up a map with the mutator and try multi jumping. The INI you need to edit is not the one inside the ZIP file.
            I edited the one in the documents folder after running it once first. Just uses default UT4 alpha settings when I load the mutator. Tried changing dodgejump and multijumps but nogo.

            EDIT: OK, seems like you have to close the ini file after editing, well at least then it worked. Or that you actually have to close the game in-between and restart for it to take effect after doing ini changes, at least just loading the command again doesn't work.
            Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-06-2014, 07:58 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
              I edited the one in the documents folder after running it once first. Just uses default UT4 alpha settings when I load the mutator. Tried changing dodgejump and multijumps but nogo.

              EDIT: OK, seems like you have to close the ini file after editing, well at least then it worked.
              Okay, good to know It probably checks to see if it needs to be updated when the mutator loads and if it can't get an exclusive handle on it then it uses the default ini in the clean configs folder.
              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

              Comment


                #8
                This has been updated to work properly with the latest build. Links in the first post.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

                Comment


                  #9
                  I did not test/run this mutator (due to 3rdParty DLL files) but judging from the INI file, you may only apply these values to each player (in ModifyPlayer for the Pawn/Character) on the server side (or modified default values; which might need to be restored tho). Most of these properties are not replicated. So it only works offline properly.
                  ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                  ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                    I did not test/run this mutator (due to 3rdParty DLL files)
                    Unfortunately this is the only way to distribute mods. Even if you cook them it just compresses the DLL into a PAK file.
                    but judging from the INI file, you may only apply these values to each player (in ModifyPlayer for the Pawn/Character) on the server side (or modified default values; which might need to be restored tho). Most of these properties are not replicated. So it only works offline properly.
                    That is definitely possible. I haven't tried it online yet but I will be able to soon.
                    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

                    Comment


                      #11
                      As I didn't dig deeply enough into the engine-source /UT-source to may have a proper solution for the problem with DLLs (or packaged DLLs into PAK), but releasing the source is always a good approach. The way raxxy provided his test file was a good one.

                      To have proper online support, you might need to create a replication info (globally for every player) and have repnotify variables which then will set the defaults of the specific class. This way, even non-replicated variables can be set and actors well be spawned properly on the client side. Adjusting defaults was some sort of hack in UE3 (not sure about UE1 and UE2) which could be critical. Not sure if this is even possible just like it was with UnrealScript. But since these are static UClasses, the values need to be saved before they got changed and reverted on unload (typically done in NotifyGameSessionEnded in UE3 for instance).
                      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Well this is a really cool thing you've done Brizz.

                        Here is the closest I got to what I thought was great feeling movement. It has dodge and double jump active (which I think works really well) but you can easily turn those off or just not do those extra jumps to test the other movement settings. Many things have been tweaked and the settings values for the mutator and some (probably uncooked) blueprints are available here:

                        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7cqlebqf5...U1qk0CZka?dl=0

                        Code:
                        [/Script/Mutator_MovementPrototyper.Mutator_MovementPrototyper]
                        DefaultBaseEyeHeight=71.000000
                        HealthMax=100
                        SuperHealthMax=199
                        DamageScaling=1.000000
                        FireRateMultiplier=1.000000
                        bSpawnProtectionEligible=True
                        MaxSafeFallSpeed=2400.000000
                        FallingDamageFactor=100.000000
                        CrushingDamageFactor=2.000000
                        EmoteSpeed=1.000000
                        TeamPlayerIndicatorMaxDistance=2700.000000
                        PlayerIndicatorMaxDistance=1200.000000
                        MaxStackedArmor=200
                        MaxWalkSpeed=950.000000
                        WallDodgeTraceDist=50.000000
                        MinAdditiveDodgeFallSpeed=-5000.000000
                        MaxAdditiveDodgeJumpSpeed=700.000000
                        MaxMultiJumpCount=2
                        bAllowDodgeMultijumps=True
                        bAllowJumpMultijumps=True
                        bCountWallDodgeMultijumps=True
                        MultiJumpImpulse=550.000000
                        DodgeJumpImpulse=525.000000
                        DodgeLandingSpeedFactor=0.30000
                        DodgeJumpLandingSpeedFactor=0.160000
                        DodgeResetInterval=0.350000
                        DodgeJumpResetInterval=0.350000
                        WallDodgeResetInterval=0.200000
                        SprintSpeed=1145.000000
                        SprintAccel=190.000000
                        AutoSprintDelayInterval=0.250000
                        LandingStepUp=40.000000
                        LandingAssistBoost=380.000000
                        MaxWalkSpeedCrouched=450.000000
                        MaxWallDodges=99
                        WallDodgeMinNormal=0.500000
                        MaxConsecutiveWallDodgeDP=0.970000
                        WallDodgeGraceVelocityZ=-2400.000000
                        AirControl=0.400000
                        MultiJumpAirControl=0.400000
                        bAllowSlopeDodgeBoost=True
                        WalkableFloorZ=0.695000
                        MaxAcceleration=6040.000000
                        MaxFallingAcceleration=4200.000000
                        BrakingDecelerationWalking=1750.000000
                        BrakingDecelerationFalling=0.000000
                        BrakingDecelerationSwimming=300.000000
                        GravityScale=1.000000
                        DodgeImpulseHorizontal=1285.000000
                        DodgeMaxHorizontalVelocity=1500.000000
                        MaxStepHeight=55.000000
                        NavAgentProps=0.000000
                        CrouchedHalfHeight=64.000000
                        RollHalfHeight=46.000000
                        SlopeDodgeScaling=0.930000
                        DodgeRollAcceleration=2000.000000
                        MaxDodgeRollSpeed=920.000000
                        DodgeRollDuration=0.450000
                        DodgeRollBonusTapInterval=0.170000
                        DodgeRollEarliestZ=-100.000000
                        RollEndingSpeedFactor=0.500000
                        FallingDamageRollReduction=6.000000
                        MaxSwimSpeed=1000.000000
                        MaxWaterSpeed=450.000000
                        Buoyancy=1.000000
                        SwimmingWallPushImpulse=730.000000
                        MaxMultiJumpZSpeed=400.000000
                        JumpZVelocity=775.000000
                        WallDodgeSecondImpulseVertical=450.000000
                        DodgeImpulseVertical=525.000000
                        WallDodgeImpulseHorizontal=1285.000000
                        WallDodgeImpulseVertical=475.000000
                        MaxSlideFallZ=-200.000000
                        SlideGravityScaling=0.200000
                        MinWallSlideSpeed=500.000000
                        MaxSlideAccelNormal=0.000000
                        I also changed GroundFriction to 7.8 (couldn't find that on the list)


                        Rant: I'm having no luck with UT4 and am giving up for now - bascially I think i might not even have a left brain, how difficult i find it to do anything with this system. I didn't have the same folders people have been talking about like UnrealTournamentDev as I've been downloading zip files of the UT build since my Github seemed to stop working many months ago (impossible to use program which just wouldn't update or sync!) Anyway I recently deleted everything to try and start again and follow setup intructions, but github still doesn't work and I think now I'll unforunately be stuck just having to test package builds as if I didn't have a subscription.

                        I really hope there might be some idiot friendly tutorials that come out soon to help logically challenged people like me set up UT4 properly!
                        Last edited by TotesAmaze; 11-08-2014, 01:01 PM.
                        UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                        Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                        "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Totes I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I will try to spend some time writing a tutorial on the wiki for how to get an environment set up for developing specifically mutators.
                          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                            Totes I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I will try to spend some time writing a tutorial on the wiki for how to get an environment set up for developing specifically mutators.
                            Thats really kind of you mate. I think its just me - alot of dealing with software is like hitting my head againt a brick wall. However, I have managed to get my settings out there and for that I feel I've accomplished something and hopefully helped the community, and I'd been working on those and testing them in the editor for months, I only recently hit bigger problems of having trouble loading the blueprint on the editor let alone the build.

                            I will however keep up artistic concepts where i feel they'll be useful - I find that much easier, but just need practise . Great job on the mutator!
                            UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                            Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by TotesAmaze View Post
                              Well this is a really cool thing you've done Brizz.

                              Here is the closest I got to what I thought was great feeling movement. It has dodge and double jump active (which I think works really well) but you can easily turn those off or just not do those extra jumps to test the other movement settings. Many things have been tweaked and the settings values for the mutator and some (probably uncooked) blueprints are available here:

                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7cqlebqf5...U1qk0CZka?dl=0

                              Code:
                              [/Script/Mutator_MovementPrototyper.Mutator_MovementPrototyper]
                              DefaultBaseEyeHeight=71.000000
                              HealthMax=100
                              SuperHealthMax=199
                              DamageScaling=1.000000
                              FireRateMultiplier=1.000000
                              bSpawnProtectionEligible=True
                              MaxSafeFallSpeed=2400.000000
                              FallingDamageFactor=100.000000
                              CrushingDamageFactor=2.000000
                              EmoteSpeed=1.000000
                              TeamPlayerIndicatorMaxDistance=2700.000000
                              PlayerIndicatorMaxDistance=1200.000000
                              MaxStackedArmor=200
                              MaxWalkSpeed=950.000000
                              WallDodgeTraceDist=50.000000
                              MinAdditiveDodgeFallSpeed=-5000.000000
                              MaxAdditiveDodgeJumpSpeed=700.000000
                              MaxMultiJumpCount=2
                              bAllowDodgeMultijumps=True
                              bAllowJumpMultijumps=True
                              bCountWallDodgeMultijumps=True
                              MultiJumpImpulse=550.000000
                              DodgeJumpImpulse=525.000000
                              DodgeLandingSpeedFactor=0.30000
                              DodgeJumpLandingSpeedFactor=0.160000
                              DodgeResetInterval=0.350000
                              DodgeJumpResetInterval=0.350000
                              WallDodgeResetInterval=0.200000
                              SprintSpeed=1145.000000
                              SprintAccel=190.000000
                              AutoSprintDelayInterval=0.250000
                              LandingStepUp=40.000000
                              LandingAssistBoost=380.000000
                              MaxWalkSpeedCrouched=450.000000
                              MaxWallDodges=99
                              WallDodgeMinNormal=0.500000
                              MaxConsecutiveWallDodgeDP=0.970000
                              WallDodgeGraceVelocityZ=-2400.000000
                              AirControl=0.400000
                              MultiJumpAirControl=0.400000
                              bAllowSlopeDodgeBoost=True
                              WalkableFloorZ=0.695000
                              MaxAcceleration=6040.000000
                              MaxFallingAcceleration=4200.000000
                              BrakingDecelerationWalking=1750.000000
                              BrakingDecelerationFalling=0.000000
                              BrakingDecelerationSwimming=300.000000
                              GravityScale=1.000000
                              DodgeImpulseHorizontal=1285.000000
                              DodgeMaxHorizontalVelocity=1500.000000
                              MaxStepHeight=55.000000
                              NavAgentProps=0.000000
                              CrouchedHalfHeight=64.000000
                              RollHalfHeight=46.000000
                              SlopeDodgeScaling=0.930000
                              DodgeRollAcceleration=2000.000000
                              MaxDodgeRollSpeed=920.000000
                              DodgeRollDuration=0.450000
                              DodgeRollBonusTapInterval=0.170000
                              DodgeRollEarliestZ=-100.000000
                              RollEndingSpeedFactor=0.500000
                              FallingDamageRollReduction=6.000000
                              MaxSwimSpeed=1000.000000
                              MaxWaterSpeed=450.000000
                              Buoyancy=1.000000
                              SwimmingWallPushImpulse=730.000000
                              MaxMultiJumpZSpeed=400.000000
                              JumpZVelocity=775.000000
                              WallDodgeSecondImpulseVertical=450.000000
                              DodgeImpulseVertical=525.000000
                              WallDodgeImpulseHorizontal=1285.000000
                              WallDodgeImpulseVertical=475.000000
                              MaxSlideFallZ=-200.000000
                              SlideGravityScaling=0.200000
                              MinWallSlideSpeed=500.000000
                              MaxSlideAccelNormal=0.000000
                              I also changed GroundFriction to 7.8 (couldn't find that on the list)


                              Rant: I'm having no luck with UT4 and am giving up for now - bascially I think i might not even have a left brain, how difficult i find it to do anything with this system. I didn't have the same folders people have been talking about like UnrealTournamentDev as I've been downloading zip files of the UT build since my Github seemed to stop working many months ago (impossible to use program which just wouldn't update or sync!) Anyway I recently deleted everything to try and start again and follow setup intructions, but github still doesn't work and I think now I'll unforunately be stuck just having to test package builds as if I didn't have a subscription.

                              I really hope there might be some idiot friendly tutorials that come out soon to help logically challenged people like me set up UT4 properly!
                              Just took these settings for a spin, and I like them. My main suggestion would be to reduce the vertical impulse from the wall dodge: it can make you unintentionally hit the ceiling, so I think the base wall dodge impulse should be mostly horizontal, with the addition of a significant vertical component possible by simultaneously tapping the jump key (boost dodge). I know you only increased it slightly, but if anything I think it should be reduced. I'm also not sure about the reduced breaking deceleration, which to me makes it feel a bit sluggish and unresponsive.

                              Props to Sir Brizz for the mutator - very cool and fun to play with.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X