Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another take on movement (Long live the air control!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    Then it needs to be 100% defined soon, so all of us who hate double jumping know if we need to forget about this game and move on to something else or not. Weaseling around about it is not going to help, it's going to make things worse.
    100% childish comment dude ! I don't like the movements atm, doesn't mean I won't stick to this game

Comment

Looks pretty Great. GJ K-2! It would be nice to try smth like this in UT!

Comment

Then it needs to be 100% defined soon, so all of us who hate double jumping know if we need to forget about this game and move on to something else or not. Weaseling around about it is not going to help, it's going to make things worse.
        I don't think it will be. I'm guessing it won't be there in the initial release of the game but they have left the door open for making changes after lots of people have a chance to play it at release state.

These settings are now running on Phayder Labs. Follow the directions in the first post to get Movement Prototyper and join the server to try them out.
        Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 01-27-2015, 01:41 PM.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by eXen View Post
          100% childish comment dude ! I don't like the movements atm, doesn't mean I won't stick to this game
          Actually, if double jumping is in the game, I won't be. It really is that simple. Same goes for any other lame overpowered movement suggestions from the tiny but extremely loud handful of players who want to be able to get from anywhere to anywhere in the map within 4 seconds.

I don't care if it's free this time, double jumping (or any similarly overpowered movement mechanic) completely ruins the game.

I don't want a platform jumper with guns, I want a first person shooter. There are many more like me who quit the game in disgust after getting suckered into buying UT2k4 because we trusted Epic when they said 2k4 would be going back to it's UT99 roots. Lying about it won't fool us twice, so sure go ahead, ignore us and put double jumping in for the few that want it, but don't wonder why the game fails or why you can't find anyone online to play against.
          Last edited by MoxNix; 01-27-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
            I don't think it will be. I'm guessing it won't be there in the initial release of the game but they have left the door open for making changes after lots of people have a chance to play it at release state.

These settings are now running on Phayder Labs. Follow the directions in the first post to get Movement Prototyper and join the server to try them out.
            I don't need to try them out. It has double jumping, double jumping sucks and that's the end of it AFAIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Dungas View Post
              If that is your attitude I think it would be best for everyone if you left now. We don't need childish "all or nothing" bickering we need people who are willing to put aside their petty issues and come together to make a great game.
              Or maybe it'd best for everyone if the ones trying to force double jumping down our throats left now. We don't need your repeated attempts to force double jumping down our throats. If you want double jump then make a mutator and release it but leave it out of the core game.

This has been discussed before, your side lost. Just because we shut up about it since and you didn't doesn't mean you should get your way now like some child insisting he really does need more ice cream.
              Last edited by MoxNix; 01-27-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Same goes for any other lame ezmode movements the tiny but very loud handful of players who want to be able to get from anywhere to anywhere in the map within 4 seconds supports.
                Tiny handful of players? I would rather aderess that to people who can hate the whole game because of one certain feature that has already been in UT since 2k3.

I don't care if it's free this time, double jumping (or any similarly overpowered movement mechanic) completely ruins the game.
                OK then. Why double jumping is overpowered and dodging/walldodging or hammer jumping for example is not?

I don't want UT4 if it's just going to be a 3d platform jumper with guns, I want a first person shooter.
                UT never was a game where you supposed only to shoot things. Movement & tricks plays a huge role in every UT. Maybe it's just not that kind of a "first person shooter" that you seek?

I don't need to try them out. It has double jumping, double jumping sucks and that's the end of it AFAIC.
                Good for you
                Last edited by K-2; 01-27-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

i like that!

Comment

Then don't? There are plenty of people who liked the video and now they can go try it out online. Not every despises double jump like you do for some reason. I don't see anything wrong with people playing the game however they like. There are going to be movement modifying mutators in this game. Deal with it
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                      Then don't? There are plenty of people who liked the video and now they can go try it out online. Not every despises double jump like you do for some reason. I don't see anything wrong with people playing the game however they like. There are going to be movement modifying mutators in this game. Deal with it
                      The problem is you people aren't just talking about a mutator, you're continually trying to get double jumping added to the core game. Just because you people are loud and never shut up doesn't make you the majority or make you right about anything.

Comment

The problem is you people aren't just talking about a mutator, you're continually trying to get double jumping added to the core game. Just because you people are loud and never shut up doesn't make you the majority or make you right about anything.
                        Who is? I don't even want double jumping in the core game. If I did I might be saying more about it in various places like some of the people here but their opinions are valid enough to be heard just like anyone else's. Frankly, hardly anyone is even talking about that as an option now since Epic said they weren't going to be using it for the time being.

Comment

Thanks for constructive feedback, move along

Comment

I absolutely and totally support idea that the proposed by K-2. But i know what ut2004players does not like this idea, cuz this movements looks like movements in ut3 (and they dont like ut3) Because of this, I can offer two options:
                            - make original ut4 movements as default and ut2004 and ut3 movements send to settings and player (if he want) can choose which movement he want to use
                            - make the middle value between distance at which the character moves while jumping in ut3 and distance in ut2004 (1 1/3 of ut3 dist. or 1 1/2) It would be not so short jump like in ut3 and not so long like in ut2004.....or do like k-2 propose you.
                            It's important solution because Unreal Tornament is not just a original weapon, maps, history which continued since past century. It's a movements too.
                            P.S. This post makes sense only if EPIC's read this forum In other options it's mean nothing and you can forget what you read before

Comment

I tested the latest version a bit.

- The jump parameters feels spot on.
                              - I greatly prefer the acceleration & dodge parameters of raxxy's version still (running around the map just doing random combos is almost as fun as actually playing due to how snappy it feels like)

Would love to combine these jump settings with raxxy's dodge & acceleration settings, that would be pretty close to feeling ideal for my taste. Then you'd both have a useful jump + dodge for combat, depending on situation.
                              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 01-27-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Still haven't heard a good reason from you yet about why double jump shouldn't be in the game. All you've given us so far is telling us how ignorant-minded past-dwellers such as yourself (and all the other idiotic people you speak of) don't like double jump, so it shouldn't be in the game. Please leave, and go back to UT99 where you can have all the basic, noobish movement you can handle.

Comment

Working...
                                X