Air Control + single/double jump combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Control + single/double jump combinations

It's time we got an idea of what everyone likes as far as air control and single/double jump. Two somewhat standard moves are performed in the following video to test these combinations. I try to jump as far over/forward as possible and return to my original spot while hitting a combo. I don't have a "weak air control + double jump" prototype, so I'm just substituting UT2004 in for that, which more or less fulfills the category.

UT Alpha standard: weak air control + single jump
    8.51%
    UT Alpha raxxy prototype: strong air control + single jump
    29.79%
    UT2004: weak air control + double jump
    12.77%
    UT Alpha K-2 prototype: strong air control + double jump
    48.94%

Im happy with how ever Epic makes the game. Its just fine standard to me what ever that will be.

Ps. not a fan of double jump
    Last edited by code187; 01-17-2015, 12:02 PM.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I want more air control but the options don't really suit me
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
        I want more air control but the options don't really suit me
        Hmm what other options do you think should be on the poll? The selections I've got are only for considering their air control and double jump features - not dodge distance, roll, slide, etc.
        Last edited by enoch84; 01-17-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I'm currently playing with a configuration that re-purposes double jump as a kind of air control toggle, and I might prefer it to all of these. You get really good AC if you time it right, allows some of the pros of both features without getting into the cons. Unless you really count pressing space twice as a con. Might feel weird coming from earlier games as the second jump doesn't actually give you any additional lift, its more of a thrust in whatever direction. Although not having double jump period feels weirder to me. I'll post it once I get it ironed out so anyone that would like can try it. Makes some slight speed/accel/sprint adjustments as well for responsiveness/fluidity.
          Last edited by Fly Dungas; 01-17-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Dungas View Post
            I'm currently playing with a configuration that re-purposes double jump as a kind of air control toggle, and I might prefer it to all of these. You get really good AC if you time it right, allows some of the pros of both features without getting into the cons. Unless you really count pressing space twice as a con. Might feel weird coming from earlier games as the second jump doesn't actually give you any additional lift, its more of a thrust in whatever direction. Although not having double jump period feels weirder to me. I'll post it once I get it ironed out so anyone that would like can try it. Makes some slight speed/accel/sprint adjustments as well for responsiveness/fluidity.
            Ooh, this is an interesting idea that I'd like to try out.
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I voted for raxxy's prototype, because it's just in essence (and as far as i could just from what you presented) a kind of tweaked or "enhanced" version of current ut4 movements. In a sense, it still is ut4 movement identity which I believe, we should keep and preserve its identity. Why? I think more air control will indirectly help to balance some weapons subtly but efficiently and it's what we need actually, imo.

Oh well, I wouldnt mind maybe dble jump and whatnot, tbh, but I just feel like WHINERS will, without even testing or enough playtime to really give a proper feedback says:

OMG!!!!1!1!1!1!!!one It's so ****..... It's so far from *insert the only UT the guy ranting, loves* that it's just plain poo tbh.....It resembles so much to *insert the UT(s) the guy ranting, hates* that it's just plain and simple bad, Epic is so bad they didnt remake my hd remake of *insert the only UT the guy ranting, loves*. I'm gonna tell all my friends that UT4 and Epicgames suck tbh. Not gonna buy it. gg no re.
              Yes I know, you may find some strange similarities with ut3 (which was a pretty nice UT that had nothing to envy to any other UT (despite an admittedly bad start and kinda poor UI).

I would really like to try dble jump mut. too, as much as Raxxy's mut., though, for the "greatest good" and to not give sticks to the whiners to be beaten afterwards (above all for most likely, unjustified/random complains). I would vouch for raxxy's. As far as I know, no other UT had single jump AND kind of ""big"" air control.
              • Ut99 had single jump but low air control
              • Ut 2kx had dble jump and low aircontrol
              • UT3 had dble jump and highest air control
              • UT4 would have single jump and above average air control

Just for the sake of avoiding very likely to happen unjustified complains like : "it sucks because it resemble to UTxxx which is different of what i prefer (ut xxx)". My probable answer then: "No you just shut it up because it's a singular combo no UT had before and that represents a very good compromise of every good parts of any UT. Come back next time with decent legits argument. You're welcome."
              Mark my words (not like you need more than 2 brain cells, which is just what i have, to predict it) for an avalanche of:

OMG!!!!1!1!1!1!!!one It's so ****..... It's so far from *insert the only UT the guy ranting, loves* that it's just plain poo tbh.....It resemble so much to *insert the UT(s) the guy ranting, hates* that it's just plain and simple bad, Epic is so bad they didnt remake my hd remake of *insert the only UT the guy ranting, loves*. I'm gonna tell all my friends that UT4 and Epicgames suck tbh. Not gonna buy it. gg no re.
              Last edited by Lwlf; 01-17-2015, 04:13 PM.
              Official Cod3r Hero: RattleSN4K3!!!
              Official Weapon Designer Hero: Gooba!!!

Comment

None of these are really that great, but to be honest I like the standard air control most out of them :P However it still feels weird. It's like the deceleration when you're mid air is lower than the acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Dungas View Post
                  Definitely sounds interesting. Will be looking out for this one.
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Well one things for sure, we need more air control than the UT4 alpha can do. I think the UT4 alpha is more in lines with classic mode UT99 (which has lower air control). UT99 has quick and snappy movement because of the lower jumps and dodges so the low air control didn't hurt it very much. I also don't want a jump so crippled that we need to double jump to even get any use out of it (UT3 style). If I was to take one, it would be Raxy's since we saw all of the rest play out already I think it would be nice for a little mix up in the formula values.

Comment

UT Alpha K-2 prototype: strong air control + double jump better!

Comment

It is the last alternative ("UT Alpha K-2 prototype: strong air control + double jump") which, beyond a slightest shadow of doubt, leads to the pertinent framework of movement in the game christened "Unreal Tournament". What conditions the indispensable fundamental of UT's gameplay is the affluence of transition options.
                        The voice of recoil indicates in my consciousness, "Nobody ever is zealous for harsh and shifty performance!" These poignant words were born while double click on space bar was not helping me to make a double jump in new UT.
                        So, someone does desire for retrieval of the significant element of the best FPS.

Comment

Working...
                        X