Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New (Best) Movement Prototype Ever! Courtesy of raxxy and Brizz

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I am liking this so far. Should be a blast in iCTF!

    Comment


      #32
      I played in BeyondUnreal Phayder Labs - mothership.beyondunreal.com:7778 right now, and I certainly never played so fun games like those!!! I really was not feeling good with original UT Pre Alpha system, but this one is nice. The game is become a lot more dynamic and exciting! (but a bit exaggerated speed)


      (offline i can double jump with this mod, fortunately, in servers it's not possible... i hate double jump)
      Last edited by Raizen99UT; 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM.
      .:KmK:.Raizen

      Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
      CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
      CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

      Comment


        #33
        Tried it offline and it feels great (including double jump). This is definitely much better than the stock movement. I could still go for a higher single jump and a little more air control but overall, great job on this. I think we've got a Movement Movement on our hands .

        Going to hit the "Lab" later tonight. Sounds like double jump gets disabled when you join?
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by M^uL View Post
          Tried it offline and it feels great (including double jump). This is definitely much better than the stock movement. I could still go for a higher single jump and a little more air control but overall, great job on this. I think we've got a Movement Movement on our hands .

          Going to hit the "Lab" later tonight. Sounds like double jump gets disabled when you join?
          It doesn't work offline, that's just different settings, some default settings with the movement prototyper. Only the particular settings in this thread are enabled on the servers. I wouldn't mind double jump personally since I don't think it breaks the game in anyway and just adds one more kind of movement set which can't be replicated with single jump due to the change of direction it allows midair but eitherway this movement prototype setting makes the game a great deal more fun to play, just as I've expected in comparison to the default movement which always have felt too stiff, bulky and slow since the very beginning.
          Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-03-2015, 01:27 AM.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
            It doesn't work offline, that's just different settings, some default settings with the movement prototyper. Only the particular settings in this thread are enabled on the servers. I wouldn't mind double jump personally since I don't think it breaks the game in anyway and just adds one more kind of movement set which can't be replicated with single jump due to the change of direction it allows midair but eitherway this movement prototype setting makes the game a great deal more fun to play, just as I've expected in comparison to the default movement which always have felt too stiff, bulky and slow since the very beginning.
            Roger that. I guess I need to learn to read.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

            Comment


              #36
              Double jump is bad, in fact it makes the game more boring, because double jump is nice way for avoid many weapons projectiles, but, that's a short horizontal moviment, or zero! You dont need use the map and combination of maneuvers. it's just double tab space. UT4 dont need this, mostly with this custom moviment (without double jump), the dynamism is perfect with this mod, for the first time i really got fun playing UT4 Pre Alpha, even with 250+ ping lol (i felt better than playing in my clan server, with ping 30)
              .:KmK:.Raizen

              Please, watch this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdce_3wgcs
              CTF-Extorcion-CE (Visual Beta) https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...cion_CE-Remake (Pak available)
              CTF-Ranel WIP https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...F-Ranel-Remake

              Comment


                #37
                Yeah, leaving double jump in offline was an accident I left it there when I was testing it and it will probably get removed in a later version. You can change the settings to whatever you want. I may even go ahead and make a stupid UI for it.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

                Comment


                  #38
                  Okay I played on Phayder Labs tonight! AWESOME!!!! I loved it. Definitely the most fun I've had so far playing the new UT.

                  I know you're watching this thread Epic, come on now... You know what to do.
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                    Okay I played on Phayder Labs tonight! AWESOME!!!! I loved it. Definitely the most fun I've had so far playing the new UT.

                    I know you're watching this thread Epic, come on now... You know what to do.
                    haha, I know right. This is the good thing about community development, Epic doesn't have to really put that much time into the testing, community usually do a good job at testing it themselves. Of course there's always a chance the content doesn't fit quite Epic's vision but I hope this time it won't be a case of that.

                    The thing is I don't see the arguments of newcomers would be put off for a faster speed, if you already master the movement after a few plays it won't be doing good for long-term interest if there's nothing to master. These settings change it so that even after many many hours, the game stays interesting because it's less predictable since you are not as an easy slow & bulky target anymore and that goes for any player. People haven't either really complained about movement earlier, well not nearly to this extent which is another proof that while the current movement might feel "okay" at first, you get bored of it quickly and it pretty much summarizes how I've felt about the default movement.
                    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-03-2015, 03:47 AM.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Here's some gameplay footage:


                      It's smooth.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I think the issue now is with the high of jump. It's not possible to jump from Flak on Deck (the one located above acid).

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by raVe View Post
                          I think the issue now is with the high of jump. It's not possible to jump from Flak on Deck (the one located above acid).
                          Jump height is the same they nerfed mantling i believe
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                          Comment


                            #43
                            It's technically still there, but nowhere near as powerful as it used to be, it will only save you from very, very near misses instead of the huge margin (hint, use the ledge beside the flak to jump + dodge forward off the wall.)

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Jump height might need to be very tiny bit heightened or the boxes on for example CTF-Outside tiny bit lowered in height, haven't been able to test this with CTF but those boxes inside the base were just barely climbable with some obvious mantling going on with the default movement so I guess it might be impossible now.

                              I think nerfing down mantling is a good thing but maybe the jump height should be kept the same (I mean with the mantling taken into account) so you can do the exact same jumps like before. But this is being overly critical, the more important at this point is to establish how this movement plays like.
                              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-03-2015, 05:08 AM.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by TotesAmaze View Post
                                Is multi wall dodge max set at 2? I couldn't seem to do more which was a shame.
                                I'm getting this as well. I don't like it. The cap feels arbitrary and unnatural. If we're going to have multi wall dodging, let the maps sort out the cap. Most of the time you can only do two wall dodges before you hit the ground, sometimes three, almost never four.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X